Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Quote from: justaphase on May 31, 2007, 09:22 AM
i have no live version of sammy some1 please gimme some bootlegs.

Klik my banner and go to my site.
It's there.

justaphase

Quote from: Tuck on Jun 02, 2007, 07:44 PM
Quote from: justaphase on May 31, 2007, 09:22 AM
i have no live version of sammy some1 please gimme some bootlegs.

Klik my banner and go to my site.
It's there.

thanks mate.

Martin

333tone

Check this out! Bulletin posted by Jeff Irwin:

new music

As some of you know I have been writting and recording ambient stuff for a long time, with a new will haven record coming out I thought this would be good time to get some of this material out. Some of the music will be older from the Carpe diem sessions but alot of it will be new. The music on here will not be metal or hardcore, but it will be the most heaviest, darkest sounds I can create. This project is about listening, thinking, and looking inside the soul....enjoy!!

JI

http://www.myspace.com/thedarkmindofwilliamh 

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Alvar

Quote from: 333tone on Jun 08, 2007, 07:46 PM
Check this out! Bulletin posted by Jeff Irwin:

new music

As some of you know I have been writting and recording ambient stuff for a long time, with a new will haven record coming out I thought this would be good time to get some of this material out. Some of the music will be older from the Carpe diem sessions but alot of it will be new. The music on here will not be metal or hardcore, but it will be the most heaviest, darkest sounds I can create. This project is about listening, thinking, and looking inside the soul....enjoy!!

JI

http://www.myspace.com/thedarkmindofwilliamh 

will haven going ambient... well, there have always been these dark instrumental snippets through their music, so this is nothing really new to WH.

this "song" really has a fucking dark mood, i'm curious about what jeff will come up with next.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Alvar

sounds promising to me. cant wait to hold the cd in my hands.
is there a guest appereance on "firedealer", or is it jeff singing?

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Martin

It's out today.
And I have no time to pick it up. SUCKS.

law

Too bad man, I bet today is gonna feel looooooooooooong lol.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

rainnyx4

Quote from: aenemic on Jun 19, 2007, 01:46 PM
the new album is good. very good.

Someone want to upload like 3 songs or something?

333tone

Martin

Quote from: Law on Jun 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
Too bad man, I bet today is gonna feel looooooooooooong lol.

It did. The next day I could pick it up, but it turned out no shop in my city has it. Again, Will Haven is bigger in my head and heart then it is in real. Now I have to go to Amsterdam or order it.

Malpractice

no stores around here had nor planned on ordering it any anytime soon so i ordered it online. should be here by the end of the week.

Martin

Quote from: Tuck on Jun 20, 2007, 06:20 AM
It did. The next day I could pick it up, but it turned out no shop in my city has it. Again, Will Haven is bigger in my head and heart then it is in real. Now I have to go to Amsterdam or order it.

Called a couple of shops in Amsterdam (and The Hague), and they didn't have it! I was sure they'd have it, I was positive they'd have it, they always have stuff like that, but no. So there's no change of me picking it up in a store so I ordered it. Hope it's here soon.

neutron liar

so, the album is alright....its just hard getting used to jaworski on disc.... plus there's a few tunes that are just boring.  Sammy owns along with a couple others.  IMO.

Alvar

Quote from: neutron liar on Jun 21, 2007, 02:02 PM
so, the album is alright....its just hard getting used to jaworski on disc.... plus there's a few tunes that are just boring.  Sammy owns along with a couple others.  IMO.

they cant reach the level of the past albums, some songs on the new record are a little bit strange, but its not bad.
for now my highlight is still helena. maybe this record just needs a bit more time to grow on me. i will keep on listening during the next days.
its better than the new linkin park album anyway.
:D

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

Jacob

ok, I've listened to the album a few times now... and I gotta be honest - I get more disappointed with it every time I listen. Jaworski is nowhere near as powerful and charming as Grady. the mixing of the album is awful - guitars are way too low and not nearly as much of a punch in the face they should be. and the vocals are too high in the mix. overall, the sound is very boring and "ordinary". if this was some generic rock band then the production would be great. but it's not fitting for Will Haven.

besides all that, most of the songs are rather boring. not one single song really stands out in my opinion.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

jc

Quote from: aenemic on Jun 21, 2007, 04:08 PM
ok, I've listened to the album a few times now... and I gotta be honest - I get more disappointed with it every time I listen. Jaworski is nowhere near as powerful and charming as Grady. the mixing of the album is awful - guitars are way too low and not nearly as much of a punch in the face they should be. and the vocals are too high in the mix. overall, the sound is very boring and "ordinary". if this was some generic rock band then the production would be great. but it's not fitting for Will Haven.

besides all that, most of the songs are rather boring. not one single song really stands out in my opinion.

halle-fucking-lujah. someone speaking sense. chino and slopez cant fucking produce, or mix for that matter. and the album is really boring. the best songs are the myspace demos and even they are bad cos you know grady ripped it harder than jaworski. his lyrics are also bad. glad i just downloaded it.

Malpractice