Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Quote from: The Captain on Oct 20, 2007, 08:36 PM
"...and footage for an upcoming video"  haha, WTF happened to Helena???

Almost done, according to Trainwreck Productions:

Quotethe video should be done shortly. Scott has handled the editing and it has taken awhile than longer than usual using a laptop and trying to make this shit ill.

there was no budget. in fact, the budget has come out of our own pockets...

i work full time helping run a skateboard company, my partner is a freelance filmmaker who shoots in the nba....it's totally lagging, but coming soon.... real soon... we're busy as all can be.

i can't wait to see it myself....so thanks for all the support...we love will haven and we are sure the video will be a dandy

snw9

is anyone aware of the resmatered version of the will haven [EP]? is it better than the 1996 release?
Code: [Select]

snw9

Will haven wrote or covered a song for bad brains tribute.can someone post it?

The Captain

I believe the EP is remastered, I don't have either, I need to get the re-release, I never see the original.

They covered The Regulator, I want to say it's on Tuck's site, but I could be wrong.

Martin

EP is indeed remastered. Don't know if it sounds better though, I only listen to the remastered one really.

And yes, The Regulator's on my site 8)

snw9

ok guys im sellin will haven- the hierophant..its SEALED and im already gettin another copy from ebay..i tried to get the guy to go back on his deal but he wouldnt, naturally its ebay, so is anyone interested in buyin a sealed copy of the album?

Marlon Brando

Yea . I like "the regulator".

Great tune.

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 29, 2007, 11:00 PM
don't be rude marlon

snw9

can someone upload the remastered version of choke?

Martin

I have an iTunes format song for you, but, I'd say go get the record. It's very much worth it. The other songs on that EP are awesome too.

Anyone going out to see them in the UK? I'll be attending their London gig.

Martin

Martin

Taken from two MySpace bulletin's:

- tour diary Nov 4th
YO!! back in the beautiful country of England, this place rules!!
I really dont know how we are still alive, we left San Francisco at 6pm and flew 10 hours into London,got NO sleep on the plane, mostly because some dude was crying and praying and tapping the plane window, thought some shit was going DOWN, so had to keep an eye on that fool.. after we landed we met the bus at the airport and off to the first show in Brighton. Brighton is an awesome city right on the ocean. It was Bonfire day there so they were lighting off fireworks ALL night, im not talking piccolo petes im talking about 4th of July Y2k works, from the time we got there until the bus left, it was crazy, I kept thinking it must have been HELLA expensive to be shooting off that shit ALL night, I mean the fireworks we get at home only last like 15 mins mostly because it cost a grip to shoot them, We walked down to the ocean and the boardwalk, it reminded me alot of a place called Santa Cruz near where I live. The show was AWESOME! I dont think we have ever played Brighton on our many tours in the UK but you wouldnt have known, the crowd was amazing, just going crazy and even stealing the mic from Jaworski and just singing..5 songs in i smashed my head on one of the monitors, after that I couldnt see anything, just a haze of hair swinging in the air. Thats probably why this diary makes no sense, bit of a consusion. I somehow ended up in the crowd on the last song and got stuck out there, played most of the song in the pit, Mitch was just about to stop playing to go out in the crowd to find me, thinking I was getting jumped haha, but I emerged back on stage with a big smile and all was good.
So we have to give much love to the fans in Brighton, you guys made the first show an amazing one, thank you thank you thank you..After the show we of course did our nightly kabob shop run which is always an experience. The dude behind the counter was speaking like Jabba the Hut, didnt make no damn sense, I ordered my food but was afraid he didnt know what I said, he just mumbled some noises..but after I fought with him to get my food I got my Veggi burger and was off to my bunk for some sleep which I had not got in a day and a half..So everything is good, everyone is in really good spirits, The Mirimar Disaster guys are super cool and an amazing live band,our bus driver Bill is the MAN, super cool,I have a feeling this tour will one of the best we have ever done..Off to Southampton now..write more tommorow..
peace
Jeff Irwin aka william h

- tour diary Nov 5
Yo yo! mitch wheeler here, took a shit in the smallest bathroom I have ever seen!!! breakfast was amazing! went straight through me, kids been great, had the most amazing dressing room last night, had a shower and watched charlies angels..I love Lucy Lui, 3rd show is tonight, just starting to have my wits about me, Im gunna try to stop breaking tings, but I just dont know, its not me..I dont know thats all I have to say,
talk to you soon
maybe....
MW haven aka will haven

Alvar

Quote from: Tuck on Nov 05, 2007, 11:04 PM
The dude behind the counter was speaking like Jabba the Hut

haha :D

damn i hope they will tour europe again next year, i want to see them again so hard.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

tarkil

Just for your information, according to some French inside sources, there won't be any video for Helena, as the guy who was supposed to edit it never finished it, and recently let it go... So it won't happen !
Nonetheless, another clip could be filmed after the English tour, but it will be for another song...

Also, Mike won't take part to this tour for professional reasons, and will be replaced by Rey Osburn (Ghostride/Death Valley High).

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Buchido

Damn thats a pity.No Mike bass monster, i love this guy, great man to talk with. Hopefully there will be some additional german dates around next time...
http://www.deftonesworld.com

My Deftones-Bootlegs List: http://duke_phil.angelfire.com/deftonesvideobootlegstrade//

vadimo

I saw WH yesterday at the Islington Carling Academy  - London, UK and it was great show.

I really really like the new Vocalist, he is very similar to Grady, voice, energy and performances. He seems like a very nice guy, he thanked everyone for support and also mention the barrier that separated band from fans and by the end of the show he climbed over it to reach to fans.

Crowd was a bit lazy, standing at the back like frozen. There was a few headbangers at the front (incl me)which was cool, i was hoping for some moshing but seemed like it never happened. Some dudes gave me free beer by the bar, that was real happy times for me!

They were filming footage and to the end, twice guy with camcorder filmed us cheering for WH.

Wohhhoo Vadim will be on DVD!
Really great show.
I'll up my shitty camera quality pictures later.

Martin

Dude!
You were there? Where were you then?
I was the one headbanging 8)

It was an awesome show. Loads of great tunes played. It was a pity that Mike wasn't there.
I didn't reconize the dude on second guitar, it wasn't Lance.

Martin

- tour diary nov 6.
So its Jeff I again, mitch didn have much more to say except he is still trying not to break shit..Well here we are in Cardiff UK, its a lovely day. We are actually doing a TV show today, playing live.good idea probably not,
the show last night in Exceter, or what we called Exodus, was rocking last night, fuck this keyboard is so fucking small I cant type!!!!!! k back to the show, the crowd was awesome, it was a good show because I had someones hair in the head stock of my guitar after theshow, dude tried to get me to sign his hair!!! love this place.So things are going well, except our bus driver bill, he was throwing apples at kids and slipped and cracked two ribs, so he has a messed up wing but is hanging tough like a new kid on the block, got to love him..last night we watched the Pantera 3 video on the bus, so I think tonight some shit will definately get broken...who has the Hulk juice??
so its Cardiff tonight, then we are off to London..we will check in from there. hopefully Jaworski will wake up for one damn minute to write a "blog'
love you guys
peace!!
Jeff irwn aka william h

- tour diary nov 8.
hey jaworski here... OK I had no idea there was this big difference between Wales and England, so when I called Cardiff "England" I pratically got boo'd off the stage! Howev the crowd was very understanding & happy to educate this American on the differences. They got a whole other language and everything... ummm other than that, i'm still pretty confused!

The Cardiff show was great! The energy of the crowd was enough to make me want to jump in and sing from the floor. I dig these club shows where we can reach out and touch the crowd, without barriers. After the show I could feel a bit of a cold setting in, so I went straight to bed... despite the rest of the WHVN & Mirimar guys staying up all night & partying -yea it was kinda hard to sleep even with my eye mask & ear plugs.

I'm finally getting into some good sleep, when the Irwin comes waking me up because we're already in London & we're late for a photoshoot at RockSound. Our bus was parked HELLA far away, so it was a $100 cab ride across all of London with thick traffic (yea we saw Big Ben & the giant ferris wheel!). The RS dudes were awesome & made the costly trip worhwhile. Next we dragged our tired & hungry asses over to Radio One for an interview... damn that receptionist had the biggest afro ever!!! Like Erykah Badu and shit... she was hot! We talked about deathmetal rap, wearing shoes while they still in the box, jumping off the GG Bridge, and Zeitgeist the movie.... dot com.

The London show was cool. I wasn't into the whole crowd barrier thing, but we had fun playing on a big stage in one of the most amazing cities in the world. It was great to see some homies from the Brighton show, including the infamous "dead guy". We hung out, stayed up late, & had our 1st taste of American junk food over here feasting on Dominoes Pizza & Mc Deeeez... now I feel like shit of course. Time to do some yoga...

Tonight we gots Leeds. All I know about Leeds is the The Who's album "Live at Leeds" -so that's enough to make me love this place already. Can't wait to slay our little club tonight!

Cheers Mates...
YELLOW CAKE!

- tour diary Nov 9.
the other Jeff here!!! writting you from the land of that crazy bastard Robin Hood, the lovely city of Nottingham..I actually really love this city, we have been here pretty much on every tour and it has always been awesome. The people here are metal!! The show tonight should be interesting, the place we are playing is like the CBGB's of the UK, very punk but awesome, they are expecting tonights show to be insane, so im looking forward to it. We are playing with Charger which should be awesome as well. So hopefully I will write in next time with something bruised or broken on my body from the crowd.
other than that things are good, just getting alot of sleep the last couple of days which has been nice, Leeds last night was a good show but we were all so tired that we showed our sealegs on a few songs. I dont think Mitch has ever been asleep before 7am in the last 3 years of his life but he actually went down at 2 am last night, so he is recharged. The rest of us just ate pizza and watched Tracy Morgan on the bus.. ROCK N ROLL!!!! probably a good thing because tonight we will need all the energy we can muster up.
So things are going well, had a nice day walking around today, Rey bought a Batman belt buckle and if you know Rey then you know he is stoked!!!!! I have been filming alot of stuff for a possible new DVD, and I have some of the funniest shit I have ever seen, so im stoked with what what may be =) Well I know this dairy is a bit of a snore fest but shit we havent done shit in the past few days haha, but even on those chill days the guys on this tour have made this tour one of the best ever, having Pag and Rey with us has made this tour a non stop laugh factory, love those guys so much, the Mirimar Disaster guys are some of the coolest blokes ever, so this has been a family affair, and suprislingly not disfuctional like most, no drunk fathers no beat down moms and no creepy ass uncles, just love...
anyways, as you can tell my mind is warping so I must leave you with this until tommorow..
HIS LEG WAS BLOOOOOOOOOWEEED OFF!!! who gunnna cry for heem!!!
since more than most..
Jeff I aka william h

vadimo

Quote from: Tuck on Nov 09, 2007, 08:27 AM
Dude!

It was an awesome show. Loads of great tunes played. It was a pity that Mike wasn't there.

hah yeah i was there! i bought my ticket and told you i was going ages ago.

Martin

Quote from: vadimo on Nov 11, 2007, 01:23 PM
Quote from: Tuck on Nov 09, 2007, 08:27 AM
Dude!

hah yeah i was there! i bought my ticket and told you i was going ages ago.

Owyeah, I think I remember...ow well haha
What did you think of the show?

Martin