Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justaphase

defskull

Dude what the hell? I could have sworn that was Grady at first. Damn what a great replacement.

Martin

That...that...that's just awesome.
Just awesome.

LONG.
LIVE.

WILIAM H.

Malpractice

"helena" is awesome. i am even more excited to hear this album now.

Martin

Heard it a couple of times now.
It sounds very...compressed, like there's all the music on one side and the vocals on the other side...hope it sounds more pulled apart (if that makes any sense haha) on the record.
It said in the My Space comments that the song's not mastered yet, that's probably why it sounds so compressed.
It kinda changes when I listen to it in different ways though, it sounds less compressed through iTunes and my speakers...

But, anyway....

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!
IT'S WILL HAVEN!!!
LONG
LIVE

WILLIAM HAVEN!!!

And man. Jeff Jaworksi does an amazing job.
He pulls it off live and now he pulls it off on record. The song takes out what little reservation I still had, apparently. AWESOME. He sounds a lot like Grady at times, like in pronounciation and straightforwardness, but without losing his own touche, awesome. Just awesome.

Again. Long live William H.

dai_the_flu86

damn thats awsome. really looking forward to the new one!

Martin

LIVE @ OLYMPIA, PARIS.
Songtitles listed on the site are wrong though. These are correct;

01. Intro.
02. Saga.
03. I've Seen My Fate.
04. Dressed In Nights Clothes.
05. Helena.
06. Stick Up Kid.
07. If She Could Speak.
08. Handlebars To Freedom.
09. Carpe Diem.

Martin

Malpractice

Quote from: Tuck on Apr 25, 2007, 03:44 PM
LIVE @ OLYMPIA, PARIS.
Songtitles listed on the site are wrong though. These are correct;

01. Intro.
02. Saga.
03. I've Seen My Fate.
04. Dressed In Nights Clothes.
05. Helena.
06. Stick Up Kid.
07. Handlebars To Freedom.
08. Carpe Diem.

is there a lossless version of this ?

Martin

I don't know man, you should hit up Linkjuice from the Alpha Male site.

Alvar

oh my god, this new song is beautiful. on some parts it reminds me a little bit of "rapture", i dont really know why thoiugh...

the guitar sound is much heavier and darker then on the former albums and jeff sure does a great job. its not grady, but its another powerfull singer who gives all his energy into this music.

rock on guys

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

jc

Quote from: Alvar on Apr 26, 2007, 08:04 PM
oh my god, this new song is beautiful. on some parts it reminds me a little bit of "rapture", i dont really know why thoiugh...

the guitar sound is much heavier and darker then on the former albums and jeff sure does a great job. its not grady, but its another powerfull singer who gives all his energy into this music.

rock on guys

much heavier and darker? wtf are any of you guys talking about. the song is not heavy at all. go listen to whvn then come back to helena. maybe clean your fucking ears out at the same time, i think they're all too waxy. and where did the fucking riffs go?

XJohnnyX

Jacob

wow, it's an awesome song. but it doesn't really sound that much Will Haven to me. I'm not complaining at all though, I'm really looking forward to hearing the album.

is the song supposed to be that short though? it doesn't really stop so I'm guessing maybe it's supposed to move into the next song on the album right away...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Martin

Quote from: jc on Apr 27, 2007, 04:31 PM
much heavier and darker? wtf are any of you guys talking about. the song is not heavy at all. go listen to whvn then come back to helena. maybe clean your fucking ears out at the same time, i think they're all too waxy. and where did the fucking riffs go?

Wow, calm down man! I agree with you though, but, calm down :)
In comparison, most tracks on 'WHVN' are heavier and darker then 'Helena'. But this is a different album. 'Helena' is definatly heavy, its definatly dark, it's absolutly Will Haven, it's just different from 'WHVN'.

Quote from: XJohnnyX on Apr 28, 2007, 06:39 PM
A Better Helena Verison http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I59WMD4J

Thanks  8)

Quote from: aenemic on Apr 29, 2007, 04:23 AM
wow, it's an awesome song. but it doesn't really sound that much Will Haven to me. I'm not complaining at all though, I'm really looking forward to hearing the album.

is the song supposed to be that short though? it doesn't really stop so I'm guessing maybe it's supposed to move into the next song on the album right away...

The song is short, but the My Space song is a couple of (mili)seconds short.
Used to be a little longer methinks, listening to the live songs.

neutron liar

Will Haven dropped off the Skinlab tour!?!?!?!?!

that screws me then, they were supposed to play pretty close to me.  :(

Alvar

damnit... i cant stop listening to helena. this song has a similar catchy-opening like saga. in a few seconds it kicks you right into its mood. i cant wait to hear the whole new album.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

333tone

Jarowski has posted a block with the lyrics of the new album! Here's his myspace address:    http://www.myspace.com/jaworski   8)

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Martin