Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

suppose we'll still be having three pages of dead horse talk

somebody has to paste something awesome ASAP

your sister gets me hard

Quote from: shine down unshy on Jan 14, 2010, 08:37 AM
That is one of the most profound expressions of art I have ever seen. 

Vesanic

DefGuy

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno

blixa

Quote from: Jambi on Jan 13, 2010, 10:35 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 13, 2010, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Jambi on Jan 11, 2010, 07:35 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 09, 2010, 04:04 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 09, 2010, 03:58 PM

I'm confused.

Me too what the fuck is fgoing on there, do you live in the middle ages or something?

jesus christ, it's MAURIZIO CATTELAN. has anyone bothered to check out what this work is actually about, and what cattelan is saying with it before they start making accusations about it being from the 'middle ages'? i stood under this horse and i burst into tears because it left me with the most intense feeling i've ever gotten. i have never been in front of an artwork and felt what i felt then.

Sorry to cause offence, but it's not the most obvious bit of artwork you know, and I'm saying that with going to the tait london the other month, which incidently was rather... weird.

Quote from: Penicks on Jan 13, 2010, 02:11 PM
You burst into tears because that horse took a huge dump on your face, right?

Worst mental image ever!

no, it's just frustrating at times when people don't understand. not that i expect everyone to understand. they just look at a work and say, "NO NO, NO WAY!" i wasn't an avid admirer of cattelan but i really explored why that was and came to realise that i really loved him as an artist. he is so clever and the majority of his art is very controversial.

read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2004/jun/23/art

i referenced it when i wrote about him. it's a great article. really articulates the nature of him.

blixa

cigarettes, coffee, friends...good day usually.

Vesanic

blixa

Law

Quote from: blixa on Jan 15, 2010, 01:55 PM
Quote from: Jambi on Jan 13, 2010, 10:35 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 13, 2010, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Jambi on Jan 11, 2010, 07:35 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 09, 2010, 04:04 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 09, 2010, 03:58 PM

I'm confused.

Me too what the fuck is fgoing on there, do you live in the middle ages or something?

jesus christ, it's MAURIZIO CATTELAN. has anyone bothered to check out what this work is actually about, and what cattelan is saying with it before they start making accusations about it being from the 'middle ages'? i stood under this horse and i burst into tears because it left me with the most intense feeling i've ever gotten. i have never been in front of an artwork and felt what i felt then.

Sorry to cause offence, but it's not the most obvious bit of artwork you know, and I'm saying that with going to the tait london the other month, which incidently was rather... weird.

Quote from: Penicks on Jan 13, 2010, 02:11 PM
You burst into tears because that horse took a huge dump on your face, right?

Worst mental image ever!

no, it's just frustrating at times when people don't understand. not that i expect everyone to understand. they just look at a work and say, "NO NO, NO WAY!" i wasn't an avid admirer of cattelan but i really explored why that was and came to realise that i really loved him as an artist. he is so clever and the majority of his art is very controversial.

read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2004/jun/23/art

i referenced it when i wrote about him. it's a great article. really articulates the nature of him.

Cool article.

It  is a statement and really bizarre form of art, oh wait that is modern art, but what I appreciate as being strong pieces of art is ensure a persons skill who is way higher than the average person is portrayed  in front of me for me to sit in awe of, so I can't appreciate this to be honest since the effect of modern art is not universal in the same as a looking at the ceiling of sistene chapel for instance, give me work by Da vinci and Raphael anyday, guess I'm just a sucker for the Italian Renaissance.

And BTW thanks for replying blixa ;)

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wither-I

Quote from: Jambi on Jan 15, 2010, 04:22 PM
but what I appreciate as being strong pieces of art is ensure a persons skill who is way higher than the average person is portrayed  in front of me for me to sit in awe of,

"work" of art

"coming into the nearness of distance"

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Livewire

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 15, 2010, 07:12 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Jan 15, 2010, 04:41 PM
ö

where did you find that letter

Same way as these:

Ⓛⓘⓥⓔⓦⓘⓡⓔ

Look, I'm from the Pearl Jam album.

theis

devlin

fucking disgusting. sometimes i wish heaven and hell really did exist. so backwards, self righteous, zealots like this would burn for eternity.

Law

Quote from: wither-I on Jan 15, 2010, 06:45 PM
Quote from: Jambi on Jan 15, 2010, 04:22 PM
but what I appreciate as being strong pieces of art is ensure a persons skill who is way higher than the average person is portrayed  in front of me for me to sit in awe of,

"work" of art

Well you know what I meant.

theis

Quote from: devlin on Jan 16, 2010, 02:57 PM

fucking disgusting. sometimes i wish heaven and hell really did exist. so backwards, self righteous, zealots like this would burn for eternity.

Wow. Fucking sick people.

Nailec

more art, dead humans this time

blixa

that's from that show that some german doctor hosts, yeah? i've seen my dad watching it a few times back when it used to be on telly. it was really interesting. i always found him fascinating.