Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

I hope that's not a real horse.

blixa

google 'maurizio cattelan' and you should be less confused.

it was a real horse. it died naturally and its body was donated by the owner.

theis

Ah okay... I actually meant to type "I hope that horse is not alive". Glad it isn't.

lostpilot

I'm not sure how do I feel about this work of art.
Just how I feel about this "artist" too - http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2008/mar/30/art.spain

blixa

that's what is so amazing about art and being an artist, you know that whatever you do you will end up offending someone.

i used to do performance art and the first performance i did pissed the crap out of everyone and nearly got me expelled from high school.

lostpilot

Quote from: blixa on Jan 09, 2010, 04:22 PM
that's what is so amazing about art and being an artist, you know that whatever you do you will end up offending someone.

i used to do performance art and the first performance i did pissed the crap out of everyone and nearly got me expelled from high school.

I have to surely agree with you here.
I'm a musician, released 5 albums in 2009 and trust me, I got a lot of crap and criticism about how I "overuse the cliches", "not go by the usual music rules", "ignore the masses" etc. Also, a lot of "artists" are offended how fast do I write music - there's always offense from them about "how can you release five albums in a year, no band does that".

That's what I love about what I do.
Quote "No band does that."
Opposition quote "Well, now I am the one to break your shitty rules based on social settlements."

Vesanic

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 08, 2010, 05:13 PM
so, yes, here are some of my new pictures from my new years party;
(sorry, my friends don't have shadows and do not really appear on pictures, I am special)
it was a grand party, yeah

nice to meet you, Jacob, maybe we could be BFF's <3
you know, vampire love

That was pretty fucking funny, mate.  ;D

lostpilot

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 09, 2010, 04:35 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 08, 2010, 05:13 PM
so, yes, here are some of my new pictures from my new years party;
(sorry, my friends don't have shadows and do not really appear on pictures, I am special)
it was a grand party, yeah

nice to meet you, Jacob, maybe we could be BFF's <3
you know, vampire love

That was pretty fucking funny, mate.  ;D

Funny is my second name, lad ;)

god, I have to stop with these "I am so awesome" jokes

blixa

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 09, 2010, 04:25 PM

I have to surely agree with you here.
I'm a musician, released 5 albums in 2009 and trust me, I got a lot of crap and criticism about how I "overuse the cliches", "not go by the usual music rules", "ignore the masses" etc. Also, a lot of "artists" are offended how fast do I write music - there's always offense from them about "how can you release five albums in a year, no band does that".

That's what I love about what I do.
Quote "No band does that."
Opposition quote "Well, now I am the one to break your shitty rules based on social settlements."

exactly. i'm a practicing artist and you're used to hearing how great your work is, but for me, i always wait for the "but, uh..." because i know something is coming and someone is not going to "get it" and i'm going to get lampooned into a corner where i have to decide whether to go ahead with what i've done or re-work a photograph to make it more viewer friendly or acceptable enough to bring mum and dad to the opening exhibition.

artists of any kind be it musicians, film makers, visual and performative - we owe it not just to ourselves but to the integrity of our medium to just get the fuck on with it and do what it is we have to do haha. something along those lines.

Jacob

yeah, it's definitely amazing. but there's a line where you just can't excuse any kind of behavior by saying "it's art".

you know... Hitler was an artist. maybe his whole rampage was just an installation?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

Quote from: blixa on Jan 09, 2010, 04:36 PM
exactly. i'm a practicing artist and you're used to hearing how great your work is, but for me, i always wait for the "but, uh..." because i know something is coming and someone is not going to "get it" and i'm going to get lampooned into a corner where i have to decide whether to go ahead with what i've done or re-work a photograph to make it more viewer friendly or acceptable enough to bring mum and dad to the opening exhibition.

artists of any kind be it musicians, film makers, visual and performative - we owe it not just to ourselves but to the integrity of our medium to just get the fuck on with it and do what it is we have to do haha. something along those lines.

I feel you. Surely I do.
You cannot imagine how many times have I been in this "my creative perspective" or "viewers' pleasure/understanding" crossroad.
And me having an attention whore-y alter ego does not help here :)

blixa

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 09, 2010, 04:47 PM

yeah, it's definitely amazing. but there's a line where you just can't excuse any kind of behavior by saying "it's art".

you know... Hitler was an artist. maybe his whole rampage was just an installation?

well, murder is not art so i don't think it even classifies. those two aspects of hitler's life are completely different. i actually don't mind some of hitler's paintings. he was talented as an artist. shame about his lack of humanity though. it is kind of intriguing. most god awful murderers are actually good painters and drawers. i would like to believe that art gave these men some comfort because it would have been fucking dark as hell to be that contaminated with evil and not have something good to turn to like art or making music, or just doing something with your hands and expressing yourself creatively somehow.

and i better not get attacked for saying that. i'm semitic so i would have been in a camp or the gas chamber. hitler hated my 'kind' but i'm just trying to give a non-biased response.

wither-I

so yesterday, i threw a purse in a tree, then began howling like a dying wookie, people began to gather around and WALLAH!

-art.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

No More Sugar

Quote from: blixa on Jan 09, 2010, 04:57 PM
well, murder is not art so i don't think it even classifies.

Art is an expression. Murder could easily fit into that stroller, in my opinion.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Jacob

Quote from: No More Sugar on Jan 09, 2010, 10:15 PM

Art is an expression. Murder could easily fit into that stroller, in my opinion.

with all the other random shit people call art, then yes. definitely.

don't get me wrong, I love art and I consider myself an artist too. but I'm sick and tired of stuck up idiots who don't have anything better to do than be weird and try to offend people and then call it art.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

No More Sugar

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 09, 2010, 10:19 PM
Quote from: No More Sugar on Jan 09, 2010, 10:15 PM

with all the other random shit people call art, then yes. definitely.

don't get me wrong, I love art and I consider myself an artist too. but I'm sick and tired of stuck up idiots who don't have anything better to do than be weird and try to offend people and then call it art.

also true, and i agree with that completely. art has simply become a mask for any kind of expression these days, because everyone and their mom thinks they have talent. like 16 year old girls taking pictures of a streetlight at sunset and calling it photography.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Law

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 09, 2010, 04:04 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 09, 2010, 03:58 PM

I'm confused.

Me too what the fuck is fgoing on there, do you live in the middle ages or something?

Crazylegs

Quote from: blixa on Jan 09, 2010, 03:58 PM
making out with my friend in the jimmy hendrix. that's me on top and that's her hand on my head because i ain't that flexible:

You're not flexible enough to put your hand on your head?

Penicks

It's a horse hanging from a ceiling. You guys must be blind or summat.