Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

law

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Apr 26, 2007, 04:36 PM
Vacancy wasn't that bad actually, they only teased with a bit of torture and blood though.  I thought, given the A list actors it was going to be a disappointment, but I liked the story.  It was a bit predictable, and the story wasn't necessarily anything original, however I still enjoyed it.  I'm seriously a hardcore horror fan, I'll watch and usually enjoy everything.  So, maybe I should't be responding.

I saw Vacancy last night too man, I really enjoyed it. It was actually the first film in ages that made me and my g/f jump in our seats. Bit predictable I agree but overall, a really good flick.

theis

law

I bought Silent Hill the other day, really enjoyed that even though it did get slated. The soundtrack is awesome too.

ToneDef

Quote from: Law on Jul 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
I bought Silent Hill the other day, really enjoyed that even though it did get slated. The soundtrack is awesome too.

I saw that film recently too and I fucking loved it. I was really impressed.

Softparody

Silent Hill was pretty good, but I didn't get scared at all. It takes a lot for a movie to scare me, but the Norwegian horror-movie, ''Villmark'' is probably the most scary movie I've ever seen..
Death is screaming my name
yet I refuse to listen to Him

law

Quote from: Softparody on Jul 16, 2007, 08:44 PM
Silent Hill was pretty good, but I didn't get scared at all. It takes a lot for a movie to scare me, but the Norwegian horror-movie, ''Villmark'' is probably the most scary movie I've ever seen..

I know it's not super scary, but the music compliments it so fucking well.

theis

horror thread update.

The Mist

A freak storm unleashes a species of blood-thirsty creatures on a small town, where a small band of citizens hole-up in a supermarket and fight for their lives.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/

trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809834165/video/4594432

this looks like fun.

oh also, Michael Bay is going to direct a remake of Friday the 13. (oh noez?)

Crazylegs

Quote from: Softparody on Jul 16, 2007, 08:44 PM
the Norwegian horror-movie, ''Villmark'' is probably the most scary movie I've ever seen..
Right you are sir. I wrote a big text on that film last year for school. Compared it to "De dødes tjern". Another awesome movie.

goldpony

anybody like the changeling?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

^

yes.

nice and creepy little horror flick.

Crazylegs

I watched "house" today

It was allright.

Jerry_Curls

I saw Birds last ngiht for the first time.

It was really scary.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theis

yeah freaky movie. those birds are awesome.

i'm pretty obsessed with David Cronenberg nowadays.

he's definitely my favorite horror director. movies like The Brood, Videodrome and The Fly are pure genius.

i'm gonna watch Jaws now.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Crazylegs on Oct 21, 2007, 11:50 PM
I watched "house" today

It was allright.

That's a good movie, used to watch it all the time.  Big Ben is creepy.  Too bad the sequels are utter crap.

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Oct 22, 2007, 08:37 AM
I saw Birds last ngiht for the first time.

It was really scary.

Excellent film, nothing better than a classic.  My favorite part is either when she finds the old man in his bedroom pecked to death or when the birds are waiting outside the school.  Oh hell, I can think of about a dozen other scenes too, Hitchcock will do that to you. 

Quote from: theis on Oct 22, 2007, 11:50 AM
yeah freaky movie. those birds are awesome.

i'm pretty obsessed with David Cronenberg nowadays.

he's definitely my favorite horror director. movies like The Brood, Videodrome and The Fly are pure genius.

i'm gonna watch Jaws now.

Cronenberg is a genius no doubt, very dark and visceral.  His newer films are a bit different than what he normally does but if you know his style you can still tell it's a Cronenberg.  Ever seen Naked Lunch?  You know it's a good film when typewriters turn into bugs and grow genitalia.  And Jaws is one of my favorite, one of those films I always catch on tv and can't stop watching.

goldpony

naked lunch was great, more people should see it if they can find it. faulkner was one fucked up dude. would you shoot up roach poison?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Oct 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
Ever seen Naked Lunch?.

yeah i got the Criterion Edition. great movie.

did you see the trailer i posted for The Mist? it looks really good.

it was fun to watch Jaws again. i'll seriously never get tired of that movie...my 2nd favorite Spielberg flick.

oldgentlovecraft

Yeah, that's my favorite Stephen King short story.  Looks like it stays true to it, when does it come out?

theis

21 november.

Rated R For violence, terror and gore, and language.

this should be good 8)

Frankz0r

I watched Saw II last night, it was awesome... I watched first Saw III though.

Can't wait for Saw IV whoo-hoooo!

theis

dude, the saw movies suck.

saw II is the only one that's halfway decent.