Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

is anyone at all interested in seeing The Strangers?
i dont know what to think of it.....
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

it looks decent.

i like that clip in the trailer;

"why are you doing this"?

"because you were home"

deafnotes

i just read the spoiler of the strangers. haha

oldgentlovecraft

Just saw it yesterday and it wasn't that bad.  Liv Tyler can't act and it was a ripoff of Funny Games but still pretty tense.

bright lights, big city

i didnt like Funny Games
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

You see the remake?  Both versions were nearly identical, considering it was the same director, but I prefer the original.  You probably won't like The Strangers then.  It wasn't bad at all.

bright lights, big city

part of me really does want to see the Strangers, but then i think about how i wanted to see One Missed Call and Diary of the Dead and so many other horror movies
for the most part i've just been heavily disappointed in the horror genre the last couple years

anyone gonna see the Happening...i dont really know if its considered horror though...
i used to love Shyamaladingdong but Village was mediocre, Lady int he Water sucked balls, and this is one getting some negatory reviews
DERP

theis

The Happening WILL suck.

For anyone who think it looks cool, read this "twist" if you want to save some money:  From an early review -

It’s plants that are responsible. They’ve decided to wipe out humanity and release the neuro-toxin as their natural weapon…. it’s very, very hard to menacingly cut to an evil-looking tree. That doesn’t stop him from trying, though, and he inexplicably adds wind as a way of livening up the scenes. When the leaves of a tree start to blow, evil’s afoot. It’s really, really hard not to laugh at and there’s even a real groaner of a gag-scene wherein Wahlberg timidly apologizes to a houseplant only to find that it’s made of rubber. Really.

FUCKING PLANTS!!!

oldgentlovecraft

Lol nice.  I'm still going to see it, some of the suicide scenes look promising enough.

deafnotes

the director of the happenings like to put a twist ending in all his movies lol.. its getting old after awhile

devilinside

I'm going to see a screening of the happening tonight. It's free,so if it does suck at least I wont be losing money.

devilinside

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was creepy,not scary,just creepy. Fuckin plants.

And the preview for this has me UBER excited!!!

http://www.xfiles.com/

bright lights, big city

The Ruins! omg I really surprised with this. definitely one of the best American horror flicks I've seen in a long time (take that shitty japanese remakes...)
DERP

fireflyry

Watched "30 Days of Night" the other day which had completely shot under my radar, especially considering it was made in New Zealand.

Pretty good for a Vampire flick and I've always been a fan of horror films like The Thing and Dawn of the Dead that use isolation as a theme.

Trailer:

[youtube=425,350]c5Q3PdT6GFQ[/youtube]

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

bright lights, big city

YES! i liked 30 days of night, and the thing is one of all-time faves!
that isolation theme indeed works so well with those movies
DERP

fireflyry

Heck yeah.

The Thing is pure gold, awesome soundtrack as well.

theis

you two are awesome.

fireflyry

deafnotes

when i was a kid i kinda like horror. but now.. nahh

bright lights, big city

this is what we need to find: a blog that has all of Carpenter's soundtracks
DERP