Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

anyone willing to post a cd or 2 by the faceless?  they sound pretty sick.

EDIT: found em, who else digs these guys?  i just listened through planetary duality and i like it a lot so far, and that instrumental track with the Art Bell clip that Tool used is nearly as creepy as Faaip de Oiad or however you spell that.

bright lights, big city

yeah man, another damn good band. You get Akeldama too? That cd is bliss.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Somebody else likes them!  Akeldama is a nasty fucking album and I've been spinning them alot lately.  Good stuff.

alvarezbassist17

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 17, 2009, 07:18 PM
just put it on, and holy shit.

They made it somewhat mainstream, but never get the recognition they deserve. You can hear a ton of nods to older death metal, which they fucking play quite well. Underrated band.

alvarezbassist17

yeah, that is most definitely true, i hear a lot of the great band Death in there, but i looooove the modern/techy style and production.  Leica is probably my favorite song I've heard so far, but it's far too early to say for sure.  They're definitely gonna turn into one of my favorite bands.

ps your signature disturbs me haha

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 18, 2009, 06:13 AM
yeah, that is most definitely true, i hear a lot of the great band Death in there, but i looooove the modern/techy style and production.  Leica is probably my favorite song I've heard so far, but it's far too early to say for sure.  They're definitely gonna turn into one of my favorite bands.

ps your signature disturbs me haha

Lol, it's a scene from Dead Alive/Braindead.

alvarezbassist17

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

this is a very obscure question, as i was searching for god knows what on here, when i came across this thread http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,14855.0.html (which should probably be resurrected)

and so anyways, does anyone know if 2 O'Clock Girlfriend ever released anything else besides A Tale of Two Cities, because by the hammer of Thor this album is the fucking tits.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 13, 2010, 01:27 AM
this is a very obscure question, as i was searching for god knows what on here, when i came across this thread http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,14855.0.html (which should probably be resurrected)

and so anyways, does anyone know if 2 O'Clock Girlfriend ever released anything else besides A Tale of Two Cities, because by the hammer of Thor this album is the fucking tits.

Wow, dude, I completely forgot about all of that. I'm all for posting more top 10's for people though. As far as I know, 2 O'clock GF only released that album. That is kickass, isn't it?  Fucking energetic and catchy as hell.  It's like old school screamo with modern grind.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 14, 2010, 04:31 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 13, 2010, 01:27 AM

Wow, dude, I completely forgot about all of that. I'm all for posting more top 10's for people though. As far as I know, 2 O'clock GF only released that album. That is kickass, isn't it?  Fucking energetic and catchy as hell.  It's like old school screamo with modern grind.
yeah man it's awesome, and I'm starting to get back into a grindcore mode for the first time in quite awhile. That cd was near perfect.
DERP

Jacob

Burst is now one of my favorite bands, I just can't get over how fucking insanely good they are. but I just realized they've released one album and two EP's I haven't even heard. I know this is a long shot since probably not a lot of you know about them, but if you have the following, please upload and I'll be forever thankful:

Loss of Innocence (EP 1997)
Conquest: Writhe (LP 2001)
In Coveting Ways (EP 2002)

and for those of you who don't know Burst, check this out (I think I've posted this here before actually):

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 03, 2010, 01:34 PM
Burst is now one of my favorite bands, I just can't get over how fucking insanely good they are. but I just realized they've released one album and two EP's I haven't even heard. I know this is a long shot since probably not a lot of you know about them, but if you have the following, please upload and I'll be forever thankful:

Loss of Innocence (EP 1997)
Conquest: Writhe (LP 2001)
In Coveting Ways (EP 2002)

and for those of you who don't know Burst, check this out (I think I've posted this here before actually):

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Good stuff. They were gaining popularity a few years back, but I'm not sure where the Hell they went.

Jacob

not sure, I discovered them just before they released Origo and saw them open for Dillinger Escape Plan. they had a pretty big hit with that album and Where The Wave Broke, at least here in Sweden. then I haven't heard much at all, but I can imagine that people lost interest with Lazarus Bird as it's not nearly as accessible as Origo.

nice to see someone outside of Sweden knowing about them though.

bright lights, big city

i know em too. Prey on Life was good, Origo better, but you're right on about Lazarus Bird, Jacob. I should give that album another shot, but i remember not caring for it that much. I'll check around for their older material too.
DERP

Jacob

you really should give it another chance, I find it to be absolutely mindblowing. it took a few listens, but I'm so glad I didn't dismiss it. put on some headphones and crank it up!

stepanas

From a Second Story Window was ( :'() a really strong shit. Now my favorites are Viatrophy from UK.
no fist to fuckin' save you from

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 03, 2010, 04:44 PM
you really should give it another chance, I find it to be absolutely mindblowing. it took a few listens, but I'm so glad I didn't dismiss it. put on some headphones and crank it up!
I did and I enjoyed it. Still wouldn't consider it their best material, but I liked it a lot more now than I did about 2 years ago.
DERP