Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

Just had a guitar lesson with Justin from After the Burial \m/ That dude is really nice; hopefully he can get me backstage at the upcoming Born of Osiris show.

tarkil

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 05, 2011, 05:53 PM
Just had a guitar lesson with Justin from After the Burial \m/ That dude is really nice; hopefully he can get me backstage at the upcoming Born of Osiris show.

Wow, how did this happen ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

alvarezbassist17

Haha it's not as impressive as it might sound. I was checking out their facebook page to see if they were working on a new album and they'd posted that Justin was looking for new guitar students, and they're from Minnesota, too. So I was like fuck yeah, sent him an email and he charged 50 bucks to come to my place w/ his 8-strings for a little over an hour and we pretty much just shot the shit and he showed me a couple riffs and a couple practice technique things.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Katamarans

So What Do You all Think of the New Every Time I Die song?!
We Kill Our Artists By Scheme:
Work - Consume - Die
Work - Don't Care - Die

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Katamarans

Pre-ordered album on vinyl like a bitch on a second day it was available..
We Kill Our Artists By Scheme:
Work - Consume - Die
Work - Don't Care - Die

bright lights, big city

Dang, I can't stop listening to it. That breakdown and outro that takes up the last half of the song is so awesome.
DERP

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP

defskull

I don't know he likes it, but I definitely do. Thanks.

alvarezbassist17

DUDE, sorry it took me so long to see that, but holy shit, I'm digging the korea.  This is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for.  Muchas muchas gracias!  I will get back to you with a more in-depth response after it's sunk in a bit.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

For those that care Im letting you know that Whitechapel is on the studio !!!!! :D !!!!!! They will release a new CD in Summer and I cant barely wait for this fucking band's new CD.The last one was great and I hope they can top it :D !!!!

bright lights, big city

Can they possibly get even heavier with this album?
DERP

Eros TBA

bright lights, big city

DERP

dawg

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 04, 2012, 07:51 PM
I really can't explain why I like this band.

Emmure - Drug Dealer Friend

haha I'm in this video!

they are indeed a guilty pleasure!

their guitar player Jesse is also a huge deftones fan.

defskull

Emmure is like the Limp Bizkit of hardcore/deathcore. Everyone takes massive shits on them but when you look past the image and lyrics, they are ridiculous catchy and fun to just bob your head to.

wither-I

just listen to "pianos become the teeth" and never speak a word again.

"coming into the nearness of distance"