Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 05, 2010, 06:52 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Feb 03, 2010, 04:44 PM
you really should give it another chance, I find it to be absolutely mindblowing. it took a few listens, but I'm so glad I didn't dismiss it. put on some headphones and crank it up!
I did and I enjoyed it. Still wouldn't consider it their best material, but I liked it a lot more now than I did about 2 years ago.

cool, glad to hear that.

unfortunately I heard last night that their played their last show back in december and have now split up. that's a real shame, I got to see them twice but that was before I got this much into them. would have been nice to see the new material too.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

alvarezbassist17

hey does anybody have a decent rip of the new through the eyes of the dead?  i just put the one i randomly found somewhere on my zune and it sounds like fucking garbage.

EDIT: nevermind, found a better one.

bright lights, big city

Adelaide - Pergamum http://www.mediafire.com/?zdzfonmndyn

http://www.myspace.com/adelaidetn it's some pretty brutal christian death metal. but whatthefuckever, it's good, catchy deathcore to me.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

anybody else hear a shit ton of converge in the new veil of maya?  maybe i didn't notice it before, but he's really perfecting their one-guitar technique just like converge.

oh and dude i grabbed adelaide and that other deathcore cd you just posted and at first listen they sounded pretty damn sick.  muchos thankos.

bright lights, big city

from theprp:

QuoteHORSE the band look to have changed their name to Wicked Decision. The group offered the following statement on the matter:

"Los Angeles based NINTENDOCORE pioneers HORSE the band have decided to change their name a decade into their career.

Singer Nathan Winneke says, "After touring Africa for the last two weeks we have had some profound experiences and decided we wanted a name that better expressed how we feel inside. We felt that it was time for our name to start expressing genuine emotion. We felt for too long we have let people criticize us for our name alone and its abstraction. It has become clear to us after 10 years. Our new name is Wicked Decision. We want people to know we are serious about our music.."

Additionally, Vocalist Nathan Winneke's new Christian project, "The Marine Core" will release their debut EP "Defend Your Freedom" late Spring, featuring the single "Semper Fi Saint"."

what. the. fuck.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

DERP

raynor

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 09, 2010, 04:02 PM
from theprp:

QuoteHORSE the band look to have changed their name to Wicked Decision. The group offered the following statement on the matter:

"Los Angeles based NINTENDOCORE pioneers HORSE the band have decided to change their name a decade into their career.

Singer Nathan Winneke says, "After touring Africa for the last two weeks we have had some profound experiences and decided we wanted a name that better expressed how we feel inside. We felt that it was time for our name to start expressing genuine emotion. We felt for too long we have let people criticize us for our name alone and its abstraction. It has become clear to us after 10 years. Our new name is Wicked Decision. We want people to know we are serious about our music.."

Additionally, Vocalist Nathan Winneke's new Christian project, "The Marine Core" will release their debut EP "Defend Your Freedom" late Spring, featuring the single "Semper Fi Saint"."

what. the. fuck.

Wow that was the worst name change ever. Now they sound like they're a bunch of 14 years old who just got pubes and wanna start a band that sounds just like Iron Maiden. They have their practice space in one of their moms garage and drink root beer after hitting a perfect solo on the 14th fret.

Oh lord.

I never really liked them anyway though.

raynor

Paint Your Lips: empty your inbox damnit.

Paint Your Lips

blindead

Watched a great show in Stockholm the other night with:

This Gift Is A Curse (se) - http://www.myspace.com/thisgiftisacurse
Hexis (dk) - http://www.myspace.com/hexisband
Celeste (fr) - http://www.myspace.com/unhiverdeplus

I can't remember the name of the first band performing. All bands have a kind of black metal crossover thing going on. Strongly recommended!

bright lights, big city

DERP

alvarezbassist17

Dude i've been listening to in dreams constantly since yesterday, and after letting it sink in, I am fucking blown away.  This is seriously some fucking kickass shit.  I can't find a song I like less than any other one.  Soooo much energy, and the polyrhythms, and the shredding, and the vocals, and the production.  So sick.  I really hope it grows on you some more; it might be because it's so new and I've listened to their other shit so much, but this is blowing their older CDs out of the water for me at the moment.

bright lights, big city

actually, it has grown on me haha. I've been rockin' "Promises Kept" a lot. Might be my favorite track off this beast. I'm liking the occasional clean vocals, it just seems to fit with some of these tunes.

they've been one of the bands I have on heavy rotation in my itunes over the last few years. Still really wasn't what I was expecting, but it is new shit that's pretty good so I shouldn't bitch about 'em. My nu-metal comment after my first listen might've been a little over-exaggerated.
DERP

Slacker

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 23, 2010, 07:31 AM
My nu-metal comment after my first listen might've been a little over-exaggerated.

agreed

BillyNo.9

36 crazyfists.
brock lindows singining style reminds me of dryden mitchel from alien ant farm and the guy from glassjaw that i cant stand.

bebo

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theis

Ha, you're late on Kvelertak, dude. People here have been buzzing about them for a while now.

But yeah, awesome band, awesome album.