Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

This ASP CD is gonna take me awhile to wrap my head around.  They really went balls to the wall with the song structures on this one.  It's all so sick, though.  I read a review saying that they peaked with awaken the dreamers, and I really don't see how they can say that.

bright lights, big city

I don't see that either. A Pure Evil might be my favorite song by them now. This is just the most complete, fine-tuned, well-written, best album they've released yet.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Oldnewtype

Totally agree with that. I've been digging every song on it. And yes A Pure Evil is definitely one of my favorites. each song has its own vibe, they all stand apart from one another. I think thats what i love most about it.

Oldnewtype

I'm gonna see After the Burial on the all stars tour, ive barely heard them but i am so looking forward to it.

bright lights, big city

that tour has Born of Osiris and The Ghost Inside as well. And I've got plans on their Chicago date. fuuuuuuck.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

hmmmm, there's no minnesota date yet, which would be fucking weak.

yo mark, did you peep that metal mix i made for that noob?  do you approve?

bright lights, big city

Actually I hadn't seen it til just now, but fuck yeah I definitely approve of that mix. Then again I could probably listen to 80 minutes of each of those bands.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

haha and i'm sure you do on a daily basis.  glad you approve!

you should make one too, since i'm sure you know quite a few more good bands than I. or just a list of shit to check out would be ahsum \m/

bright lights, big city

I guess I should post something in my album of the week thread.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

Dude this ASP cd is fuckin amazing.  the death plague fucking pwns faces.  Totally sick from start to finish.  Now I just have to decide what I like best between this, BoO and BDM......

Oldnewtype

the new ASP was ruling as my favorite album this summer until I heard about Diamond Plate. They're debut full length comes out aug 9th and i have a feeling it is definitely gonna take over as my current favorite album.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 19, 2011, 08:13 PM
Dude this ASP cd is fuckin amazing.  the death plague fucking pwns faces.  Totally sick from start to finish.  Now I just have to decide what I like best between this, BoO and BDM......
That is a tough call. They're all spectacular albums, almost equally spectacular albums. I really want to BDM, but right now I think I go with ASP, mostly because this was a huge step up from their previous works.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

lukas989

Found this handy site for browsing the good majority of offerings the world of math/prog/groove/djent/etc etc has to offer:

http://got-djent.com/

Loads of free album downloads as well.  Just to confirm - I dont maintain the site, or do I sleep with anyone who does.  Just found a rich source of info.

bright lights, big city

looks like a great site. are you signed up there?
DERP

lukas989

I is now ;) - and straight away, a nice little complimentary band to Meshuggah I found on the forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h2NX8hz4tE&feature=player_embedded#at=117

Mediafire here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wqywyzznmj3

Beasty heh heh.

Paint Your Lips

Can you guys recommend some blogs for getting some good metalcore?

bright lights, big city

http://www.thedailymosh.com/
that has a good mix of all the different metal/hardcore genres
DERP

Paint Your Lips

Thanks, it looks good. And keep 'em coming, if anyone have some good blogs.