Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truthaddict

Can anyone link me to the best sounding MP3s of all the music from Eros leaked so far? 

Are the only full studio songs Smile and Dallas?   And the only versions of Melanie are live recordings?

I think I only have a MP3 of Smile, which was ripped from youtube like the first week it leaked there. 

Has any fan tried to EQ or Master them to make them sound more like all the other studio albums?  I'd be interested in those MP3s.

Thanks!

Vesanic

I came across something on the band's subreddit. There is a vinyl of "Smile" available for pre-order on Amazon Italy. The pre-order is not available on Amazon UK, the listing shows there as well nonetheless.

Inkblades

Yeah, I saw some recent talk of that on there too. Guess we'll find out in January.

Vesanic

Inkblades

OKAY JUST WHAT IN THE SAM HELL IS GOING ON

sharinglungs

AI Generated "EROS" Album art.

Inkblades

Terry Date said on the Change in the House of Pods that he wants go to back to working on Eros but also that it is ultimately and obviously up to the band if it ever gets released. The myth of Eros continues...

sharinglungs

He also said that in the next few weeks he was going to finish mixing the album, so that when they're ready to come back to it, it's there.

That's the most promising sign on Eros getting finished that we've had since 2008.

RaptureWS

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jun 06, 2023, 12:55 AM
He also said that in the next few weeks he was going to finish mixing the album, so that when they're ready to come back to it, it's there.

That's the most promising sign on Eros getting finished that we've had since 2008.

I agree. I don't think a producer of Date's caliber would just randomly finish mixing a 15 year old album because he is bored and "just in case". Especially considering the tragic circumstances. I would think there is more to it than this that he can't say.

Then again, I am not Terry Date and I have no idea what goes through his mind. If I had pieces of that album just chilling on my PC..... I sure as heck would find it fun and rewarding to finish those pieces if I had the tools and know how. Like Inkblades said, the myth of Eros continues!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Gaz

there must be something brewing, the Mixlr songs, Terry Date mixing Eros, something is happening

DenakDW

Quote from: Gaz on Jun 12, 2023, 02:35 PM
there must be something brewing, the Mixlr songs, Terry Date mixing Eros, something is happening

whats this about... i mean the mixlr songs? what happened?
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

surgery

Once the band is ready to revisit Eros, they will do it

sharinglungs

Some interesting info here:

https://reddit.com/r/deftones/s/aCEqrIR3K9

Guy claims that they're waiting to release Eros as their last album... Vesanic says he's spoken to the poster and believes they're legit with the info they posted.

Inexhale

That would be the most obvious way to proceed

Inkblades

Yeah, I saw that post too. I always figured they'd put out Eros as a swan song. But I think they might also be a band for at least another decade, so I'm guessing it will probably still be a long time before we hear it.

Inexhale

Yeah the old interview  'Musically it’s probably 75 - 80% done and lyrically it was about halfway there, but honestly, I wasn't too happy with the material we had,’  ‘Some of the music was lacking a little bit. I had faith it was going to come together and be great in the end, but we never got to that point. Once Chi had his accident, everything came to a halt with the Eros sessions, so the idea of going back to that batch of songs, finishing them and have Sergio learn Chi's parts just hasn't felt like something that we're interested in doing. If the record were finished and we were just sitting on it, we probably would have put it out by now, maybe even given it away, just so that people can hear it, but it would take a lot more work to get it done. But when we get together, we're much more fascinated with where we are in this moment, trying to create something new.’