Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yasiu

Quote from: devilinside on May 04, 2008, 04:30 PM
Quote from: Yasiu on May 04, 2008, 11:51 AM

Typical TDS syndrom - some of you must understand that the drug and iwanttokillmyselfandendthismiserablelife is over. I think thats why WT isn't so liked by fans - it was an album that Trent created when he was changing, and the final effect, well... WT isn't as great as PHM, DS or TF but it isn't THAT BAD [except the well known song - Withaa Teetha]. Lots of you here, and fans out there just want from Trent a The Fragile 2 album or another TDS. I don't want that shit - he made that already, its good he doesnt make the same music over and over.

And Discipline is just a little joke... Trent even gave a link to that funny anime-music video. Heh, I bet he is checking opinions of his fans and laughing about all the complaints [Oh noo, Trent has no mud on his face while singing Discipline].

Just look at Discipline lyrics:

"Feels like I'm wearing down down down down down
Is my viciousness
Loosin' ground ground ground ground ground?"

So what - if Trent isn't angry and doesn't hate the world he can't do music? Bullshit - just listen to songs like The Great Below - pure energy without hate and 'mud'.

"oh the things i could do (if i wanted to)" - Trent isnt a guy who makes one or two good albums and drives all the way on his fame - he still wants to push the limits, let just let him do it.

Go to www.nin.com May 5 - maybe Discipline and Echoplex are some kind of b-sides from WT and TF, and 5 may we'll get more of them, who the hell knows : ).

No,WT isn't soo much liked because it was a near shit album. I've been a fan of NIN since the beginning,and have always been supportive of each album,but I have only listened to YZ MAYBE 5 times in it's entirety. It blows. Once sobriety kicked in for him the music went south. Sad but true.

Yeah I know there will be change yada yada yada,and I dont have TDS syndrome,cause that wasn't and never has been my album of choice. I just see him selling out with all this pop sounding bullshit. He doesn't have to be angsty anymore,but does that mean you have to sellout? This sounds like he's goin for music for the masses (no dm reference),catchy shit that will up his popularity. And frankly I'm getting really tired of all his political lyrics.

And Trent only wore mud once @ Woodstock....he wore cornstarch.

You're a fan from the 89' Down in It single? Then you're the best person to understand that Trent for once a while made catchy, poppy, radio friendly songs - and I wouldn't call Down In It, Closer, Please or Only a sell outs. Maybe I'm just blind, maybe I like him too much, but I can say one thing - I'm in a way BETTER situation than you cause I like Echoplex and I'm rather optimistic about the upcoming tracks. As I said before - if you're waiting for The Fragile 2 or PHM 2 or anything that you liked from TR and you want it again, simply - you can as good don't go tomorrow to nin.com .

ps. Yeah, he had mud only on WS, but I also had on my mind that songs from that era are like 'mud' - dirty and very dense ; ).

devilinside

Closer was a complete and TOTAL sellout!!  Meathead even made a video making fun of it. Trent is embarrassed by that song. And while I think the video for Closer is AMAZING,I completely despise the song itself. It's such a "ZOMG I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL SONG!!!". While it soared him to popularity,it's far from his greatest accomplishment...which is The Fragile. (in my eyes)

You may voice your opinion and talk about how great all this new NIN shit is,but to me it is just that.....shit. If I wanted to hear upbeat sounds of the 80's,I'd listen to PHM.

Yasiu

Quote from: devilinside on May 04, 2008, 06:17 PM
Closer was a complete and TOTAL sellout!!  Meathead even made a video making fun of it. Trent is embarrassed by that song. And while I think the video for Closer is AMAZING,I completely despise the song itself. It's such a "ZOMG I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL SONG!!!".

You may voice your opinion and talk about how great all this new NIN shit is,but to me it is just that.....shit. If I wanted to hear upbeat sounds of the 80's,I'd listen to PHM.

Closer a sellout? HELL NO! You know what is a sellout? Deep. Deep is definition of sellout and Closer isnt even close in that categories. Trent may be embarassed by many of his songs - f.e Perfect Drug.

QuoteWhile it soared him to popularity,it's far from his greatest accomplishment...which is The Fragile. (in my eyes)

And this is where I have a veery different view of things my dear friend - after a great album like The Fragile you can't compare everything with it. The same goes with many bands, even Deftones and WP - ST and SNW are good albums overall, but many people compare it with WP and get to conclusion that they are shit. Well you can go that way and now I'm not that surprised about your skepticism.

And goddamn I'm not writing that you can't compare the albums - cause you can, but just don't bring down every single thing to Fragile - it's such a great album that if you will bring down that things to it, those things will look like total shit compared - hope you got my point of view ; ).

Whats your opinion about Ghosts devilinside? I'm to lazy to search it if you wrote it somewhere, but I'm sure you can't write it again. Im curious - for many fans Ghosts are definitions of sellout [with that ULTRA-GIGA-DELUXE edition].

ps. I tolerate the new shit but like you I miss the ''screaming Trent", although I would rather want him to do songs like The Great Below or The Fragile instead of Mr. Self Destruct : ) .

Jerry_Curls

Because a song is catchy you become a sellout? no no no nonononono. Because it's good? Nope. Because a lot of people like it? NADA. IT would be different if Closer was used in commercials, if Trent didn't  make the video as controversial, etc etc. He just happens to know how to make good, catchy songs.

Stop trying to make NIN this underground band that has an elite fanbase.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Yasiu

QuoteBecause a song is catchy you become a sellout? no no no nonononono. Because it's good? Nope. Because a lot of people like it? NADA. IT would be different if Closer was used in commercials, if Trent didn't  make the video as controversial, etc etc. He just happens to know how to make good, catchy songs.

Stop trying to make NIN this underground band that has an elite fanbase.

mr.sinister

Ghosts is an amazing piece. Nuff said.

NIN never sold out either.

devilinside

This coming from a bunch of kids that didn't get into NIN until W_T.

White Wrist

Quote from: devilinside on May 05, 2008, 12:50 AM

YOU AREEEEEEEEE BADDDDDDD, KELLY!

devilinside

Quote from: White Wrist on May 05, 2008, 12:54 AM

YOU AREEEEEEEEE BADDDDDDD, KELLY!

You're the exception! ;)

mr.sinister

First album I heard was the Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine about a year back. I like all the albums some more than others of course, but I always believed that if an artist or band makes the same record twice, they have failed as musicians and songwriters. Its good to have albums that are different from each other and have a different ambition. Its like hating the Deftones or Incubus b/c they are different from when they first started if you don't like the direction they went thats cool I guess, but bands, like people, get tired of doing the same thing over and over again, they want to experiment with their creativity.

devilinside

And I understand that and I know things change (ive had this discussion in the past in the nin tour thread)...but when you've formed this certain sound and following,and then go and change it,it sucks. Thats like Deftones putting out dance tunes....

I just know that new songs will bring a new crowd that I will dislike. The past tour I was on the rail,and these 2 bitches beside me kept saying "GOD TRENT IS SOO SEXY,I HOPE HE PLAYS FUCK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL"...then a few minutes later they played Wish,and they were like "IS THIS A NEW SONG?!?!".

That's very upsetting to someone like me who has listened to them forever,invested THOUSANDS of dollars going to 12 shows,getting hotels,flights merch,and them just change the sound like a flip of a switch.

moonlapse vertigo

Quote from: devilinside on May 05, 2008, 01:08 AM
The past tour I was on the rail,and these 2 bitches beside me kept saying "GOD TRENT IS SOO SEXY,I HOPE HE PLAYS FUCK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL"...then a few minutes later they played Wish,and they were like "IS THIS A NEW SONG?!?!".
"Fuck You Like An Animal"???

*sigh.* I've only been a fan for a little over a year, and I know better. Can you even consider yourself a NIN fan and go to a show if you don't know WISH. For the love of God.

Btw, I don't think Trent ever "sold out," but with_teeth was just a bad album. Year Zero, on the other hand, was sex. Period.

mr.sinister

Yeah Year Zero is better than With Teeth IMO. With Teeth was good but some of the songs I can't help but skip. I can't stand "Every Day Is Exactly the Same" (gulp) and the title track.

Year Zero has some great songs on it like "The Warning" and "Survivalism" are fucking tunes.

devilinside

W_T had some good ones...Line begins to blur,Beside you in time,Right where it belongs...and Y_Z....like I said,I've only listened a handful of times,but I liked Me,I'm not.

White Wrist

WT > Year Zero.

WT has some real suffering...and that whole NIN vibe that kelly is talking about. YZ is something different, as the result of being some...conceptual album.

We all want to suffer listening to Trent. That´s the truth.

White Wrist

Oh kelly...you have got to admit it...Closer...is Sexy for everybody. But all the real NIN fans like Wish or Somewhat damaged (etc).

devilinside

The music to closer is awesome...I just dont dig the lyrics soo much. And i've heard it live soooooooo many times it's irritating...like head like a hole.

Sin,Reptile and La Mer/The Frail/The Wretched/The Fragile and Dead Souls is where it's at! lol

White Wrist

Quote from: devilinside on May 05, 2008, 01:37 AM

Sin,Reptile and La Mer/The Frail/The Wretched/The Fragile and Dead Souls is where it's at! lol

8)

lithium

dude, nin sucks big black balls.
💩

devilinside

Say that in Chicago and see what happens...yeah...I threatened ya!