Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

Well, i am a little bit disappointed.

I like the songs, yeah. But, this is Y0 version 2. I mean the lyrics, the sounds, etc. I was expecting something different, i don´t know why.

It´s not the fact that, music is bad ( cause it´s not) but it´s the "same" thing. Even the instrumental ones, are closer to something Trent made in Y0 or even ghosts.

I think he needs to do something...in the other way. Of course, this record will grow on me, but i wanted another thing.

KELLY: let´s send a letter to Trent, hum? I think...this is not your NIN vibe...

Subliminal

I'm going to be super biased and say i love it. i fuckin' love it.

He's totally gone to his dance/electro side now..  the old Downward Spiral/Broken days are gone, I wish people would get over it.

Atleast we still get those songs live!

devilinside

Subliminal

Quote from: devilinside on May 05, 2008, 06:40 PM
Oh...shut up Liam!!!

;)

Yes love :(

Just be grateful you're seing Trent before i do!!! :(

White Wrist

the music is good. But he can do better.

The lyrics...bah. The World has been destroyed 567367898989 times for Trent!

devilinside

Quote from: Subliminal on May 05, 2008, 06:41 PM
Quote from: devilinside on May 05, 2008, 06:40 PM
Oh...shut up Liam!!!

;)

Yes love :(

Just be grateful you're seing Trent before i do!!! :(

Yeah...but you saw him on the last tour  with new music and set.  And I am completely grateful I'm seeing him...especially since Robin is back. :D

Quote from: White Wrist on May 05, 2008, 06:55 PM
the music is good. But he can do better.

The lyrics...bah. The World has been destroyed 567367898989 times for Trent!

I did the email earlier and never got the link...hmmm...  Trent is the god of emo....didn't you know?!?! hahaha!!!

White Wrist

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Yasiu on May 05, 2008, 11:54 AM
This is good : 4-/5, but it would be better as an EP without few tracks [ f.e. Discipline which stand off with the entire album.]

I don't have much time so only bout this 3 tracks:

Lights in the Sky - this will be pure awesomeness live with visualisation. Heh and with "Watching you drown..." it reminds me of some cherrisch waves ; ).
Corona Radiata - Ghost sounding instrumental, and this is WAY TOO LONG - the last 3,5 minutes were awesome - but the intro is soo long, it would be ok - but nothing really happens there and this track is after Lights in the Sky, which is quiet and calm too.
The Four of Us are Dying - love it, and if Slip was an EP I would leave this as the only instrumental.

This would be better if they would sit a little more and work on it, but overall it's good - we'll see after some time if it gets better or worse.

I feel like he has been inspired by younger, more punk pindie bands as of late. His opener choice of Deerhunter [one of my favorite bands right now] shows hes int that artsy punk. Long intros. Very showgazey inspired. Check out Deerhunter. In deerhunters album, there is a lot fo ambience to slow down the pace the album was going and then it just startes up again. I'm not saying Trent hasn't done ambience before, but its different in the sound that he has created. And Crystal Castles...totally dancy crazy, electro band that is something different from all the "dancy" bands.

This album flows together. I love it so far. I would only listen to like 2 tracks off of Y0...this
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

whodunit?

although I don't like NIN and Trent but I'm listenig to the new album, I'm on Echolpex now and so far, so good.

devilinside

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on May 05, 2008, 09:53 PM
Quote from: Yasiu on May 05, 2008, 11:54 AM
This is good : 4-/5, but it would be better as an EP without few tracks [ f.e. Discipline which stand off with the entire album.]

I don't have much time so only bout this 3 tracks:

Lights in the Sky - this will be pure awesomeness live with visualisation. Heh and with "Watching you drown..." it reminds me of some cherrisch waves ; ).
Corona Radiata - Ghost sounding instrumental, and this is WAY TOO LONG - the last 3,5 minutes were awesome - but the intro is soo long, it would be ok - but nothing really happens there and this track is after Lights in the Sky, which is quiet and calm too.
The Four of Us are Dying - love it, and if Slip was an EP I would leave this as the only instrumental.

This would be better if they would sit a little more and work on it, but overall it's good - we'll see after some time if it gets better or worse.

I feel like he has been inspired by younger, more punk pindie bands as of late. His opener choice of Deerhunter [one of my favorite bands right now] shows hes int that artsy punk. Long intros. Very showgazey inspired. Check out Deerhunter. In deerhunters album, there is a lot fo ambience to slow down the pace the album was going and then it just startes up again. I'm not saying Trent hasn't done ambience before, but its different in the sound that he has created. And Crystal Castles...totally dancy crazy, electro band that is something different from all the "dancy" bands.

This album flows together. I love it so far. I would only listen to like 2 tracks off of Y0...this

He's been listening to Dr Dre.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theshadeisatool

Fair enough, it's nothing new or ground-breaking regards to the sound of his last three albums, but it's a good enjoyable album nonetheless, and he gave it away for free, man!

ignore the fashion

i'm really liking the new cd, its fucking awesome!!

mr.sinister

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on May 05, 2008, 07:48 AM
Quote from: mr.sinester on May 05, 2008, 07:37 AM
Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on May 05, 2008, 07:25 AM
YES !
it was worth it

Word.

Getting the physical release in July dude? Man I am hyped up for that shit. Album sounds fucking good so far. I am on "Letting You".

Considering I bought the 300 dollars edition be certain I will buy anything from NIN

Ah. Touché

theshadeisatool

You know, I've found it a little lighter than Y0, a little bit easier to get into.

devilinside

I agree with you. I think i've listened to this more than I have YZ.

Quote from: devilinside on May 06, 2008, 01:03 AM
Ok I dl it.

track:

1. 999,9999999999 ~Tolerable.
2. 1,000,000 ~ Not that great
3. letting you ~ I feel like I should be at a rave swingin some glow sticks around. haha nah,it's not too terribly bad...the music is SOO fast though.
4. discipline ~ I'm kinda sorta getting used to it
5. Echoplex ~ I LOVE hearing Trent try and carry a tune,like the high pitched ones. Makes me giggle. This song is tolerable.
6. Head Down ~ Like it.. He's putting alot more bass/drums in his songs it sounds like. This is tied for my favorite.
7.  Lights in the Sky ~ ANYTHING Trent plays piano in is fabulous... Yes,I like.
8. Corona Radiata ~ Could do without,but it's not bad
9.  The four of us are dying ~  I'd say this is tied for my favorite,and would be even fucking better if there were lyrics!
10. Demon seed ~ Hmm...the music drowns him out. It's ok,I like the music,but his voice sounds soo.......delicate. HAHAHAHA!!!!!

And Robin helped with it...sounds WAY better than Aaron. And I see he's still into the AIR. I find it kind of weird because it sounds a bit unfinished to me. It's like... it's still raw, like those are just the lines to follow to make something bigger. A NIN Cd with only 10 songs in it isn't something we often see either, that was also something I found intriguing. I'm not saying it is a bad Cd, or a poor quality Cd... It just isn't what I was expecting at all. When I first listened to it I kind of felt like I could make up those beats in fruity loops by myself, which I don't think is a very good feeling to have. I guess it's kind of a 'back to basics' thing. It also might have to do with the whole album concept, which would be normal and expected.

And there you have it...the OFFICIAL NIN review....lol!

goldpony

i'm guessing these were unfinished tracks he had lying around. i'm interested in seeing what he does for his next album tho...
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

mr.sinister

Quote from: goldpony on May 09, 2008, 05:33 PM
i'm interested in seeing what he does for his next album tho...
Me too :)

theshadeisatool

You know, this album has really grown on me. The Four of Us Are Dying is one of his best instrumental tracks I reckon.

devilinside

Yeah,overall I like this more that YZ...even though it sounds raw,it's still better...IMO.