Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NFL (football) thread

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 04, 2008, 05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

Dallas schedule is tough. And the d is weak. I'm afraid romo is one good shot away from the IR as well. I'm predicting 8-8 at best. I think it will be a repeat of last year where the offense is going to have to be firing on all cylinders to win games. I'm still on the fence about foles. I do think the eagles take the division though. I think we've seen all there is of rg3. Wouldn't surprise me if cousins is starting by mid season.

deftones86

Im not worried about Romo's back the national narrative is that he had major surgery and his back is held together with toothpicks Elmer's glue and hope. But in reality all he had was a Microdiscetomy which is where they go in and remove a small portion of your disk that had either broken off or is pressing on your spinal nerve. they also say well its his second back surgery in 2 years. Yes the location of the first surgery was on his back but it was just to remove a cyst. I can show you a few youtube videos of people doing that in their back yard. While the second was a structural surgery its not anything like what Peyton Manning had done. Peyton couldnt throw a ball, or even do a push up. But it is true any player is one good hit away from IR or ending their career. Dallas just had second year LB Devonte Holloman see his career end from one hit against the Ravens. Football is a violent sport and at anytime it could be over.  I think Romo will be fine. But that D is possibly historically bad. No one outside of Barry Church offers any kind of confidence. And I agree Foles can't be as good as he was last year but that not a knock against him. You cant possibly ask him to repeat a 27 TD 3INT season thats just unheard of. But he doesnt have to be that good because McCoy is insanely talented. And then their is Chip Kelly he's the type of coach who knows how to play to his rosters strengths and mask their weaknesses.     

kurtone

I forgot to mention the giants lol. Eh. Anyway.  Any super bowl picks? I think either Seattle repeats or the niners win it this year.

bright lights, big city

Aside from Seattle, everyone in the NFC already either has glaring issues or key injuries. Another variable could be these bullshit interference and defensive holding penalties the refs were told to crack down on. If that continues, it may hurt teams like the Seahawks (who fucking shove and hold on every passing play).

Anyway yeah, I'm thinking Seattle or GB in the NFC. AFC's still got the same old teams as always - Broncos or Pats.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones86

I dont think the seahawks will repeat in the NFC ill be pulling for the 49ers one of their tight ends Vance McDonald went to my high school. His brother was on my team. And I think the Saints are going to be pretty good. Colts Broncos Pats are my top three in the AFC.

Super Bowl 49ers Colts

And for your viewing pleasure have a look at Vance running over Richard Sherman @ :47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx9S1ti7hVY

kurtone

I think the Packers and Saints will be in the NFC mix as well, ditto on the Colts Pats Broncos in the AFC. I'm just ready for the damn regular season to get underway

Northcal

bright lights, big city

I thought Dallas had maybe the worst defense ever. Now it looks like the Bears are the absolute worst. Ever. :(
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high on Dallas just yet, but man they played well last night. They keep playing like that and they can beat anybody.I got a little nervous during those couple Saints TDs but the defense stepped up when needed. Can't wait to see them play the Seahawks in a couple weeks. Anxious to see that O line go against JJ Watt next week.

Northcal

Dallas 5-1 I'm starting to believe in this team!

kurtone

Quote from: Northcal on Oct 16, 2014, 01:03 PM
Dallas 5-1 I'm starting to believe in this team!

Me and you both man I almost can't believe it. I just hope Murray stays healthy. Got a few O line injuries too, seems like a trap game this week but hopefully they'll keep the momentum going.

deftones86

crazy how good this O-line is i seriously underestimated how good Martin is. They just move everyone and they can run the ball on anybody. The defense on the surface looks to be much improved. but in reality they opposing offenses are just getting fewer chances. the yards per play is exactly the same as last year. but where the defense has improved is getting off the field on third down holding opponents to field goals. holding the line at when they need it most. Thats what makes this team great, they just want it more. this team has fight in them they just wont give up when things go wrong. That Seahawk win was insane. you spot them 10 from the jump and still pull out a win..in seattle? you cant help but believe in them.   

Northcal

Dallas 6-1 and I love it!!!! 8)

Northcal

I hope Dallas don't let their guard down vs Washington on Monday night!

deftones86

Nah I don't think they will. I do think they will lose 3 games i think theyll get barley edged out by the Cardinals then Split with the eagles and drop one either to the Colts or Bears. 12-4 not bad for a team no one believed in.

This season of male GRAB ASS is almost over

time flies

bright lights, big city

Quote from: 82 on Dec 13, 2014, 02:49 PM
This season of male GRAB ASS is almost over

time flies
comment of the year imo
DERP

Northcal

Dez Bryant fucked the Cowboys ova!

kurtone

They'll miss Dez but they can still win without him. Like last years defense, the offense will now have to have that "next man up" mentality. They moved the ball just fine without him on that last drive.

RaptureWS

When people whisper it makes her nervous.