Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NFL (football) thread

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 04, 2008, 05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

I think the NFC East will be a tight race again.  Dallas definitely needs more of a run game, but I think maybe Callahan was keeping Romo to short yardage throws because he knows that Romo tends to trust his arm too much. I've been a Romo supporter for years but have just about lost all faith in the guy. Maybe the new OC knows to keep Romo reigned in a bit.  I've always argued big D have the offensive weapons to put up points but don't due to lack of O line and shitty play calling.

SwerveCityUSA

I really like romo. 5th best qb in the league and holds the most important statistic: 3rd all time QB rating, no.1 out of current QB's...to me its all about defense which it looks like we've finally got going on with all the new DB's and a healthy sean lee (captain.) also yes the running game definitely. if murray stays healthy that will be very helpful.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

bright lights, big city

Might be a tight race because the teams all stink. Romo and the team in general are major chokers, we all know that. They needed all 6 turnovers to win a home game in week 1.

Washington looked bad too. Their entire season hinges on RG3's knee, and they still have one of the toughest schedule in the league.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

I think they rushed RG3 back, Shanny is going to wind up getting the guy hurt worse.  I don't think Chip Kelly can keep the Eagles running at that speed the entire season, eventually Vick is going to get hurt. I would imagine 9-7 will probably win the division, again lol.

bright lights, big city

Agreed man. A lot of coaches got fired last season, but I can see already a few getting axed during this season. Schiano in TB is in serious trouble, and if Shanny gets RG3 hurt again he'll be run out of town.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

SwerveCityUSA

Dallas 12-4 wins the east, i'm firm and confident on that. also Vick is going to have his best season andstay healthy, I really like the eagles and always have I hope they go 10-6 or something. redskins will be good too and rg3 will awe. and eli always throws bombs and upsets like archie. so the division never sucks, its always been the hardest division in the league.

kurtone

Should be an interesting season to say the least, all over the league.

bright lights, big city

Swerve, you sound biased. Which is interesting because I guess I'm biased toward Chicago and the NFC North, but in the complete opposite way of you. I love to complain about the Bears, brace myself before every season to prepare for the worst, and usually have the opinion that our division is absolutely god-awful, haha.

Inferiority complex.
DERP

kurtone

I've never came across a Cowboys fan that likes the Eagles lol.  I used to be bias towards Dallas as well, but now I'm like Bright Lights, I always prepare for the worst, because I know Dallas has a penchant for shooting themselves in the foot.

deftones86

12-4 for the cowboys idk I've been a cowboys fan all my life so don't take this as a cowboy hater thing. But I just cant find 12 wins for them. after week 5 they'll have two losses. I don't think they have a shot in hell at the broncos. Just because Peyton seems to have found his arm again. And thinks he has something to prove. And with two tough road games with the saints and bears I don't see them beating those two. Then you have the division which I think they will win I say they split with the giants and sweep the Skins and eagle's because let's be honest RGIII isn't himself and probably won't be till very late into the year. And that defense is horrible. And there is no way Vick makes it the whole year. He just can't. Then there's that green bay team and that Rogers guy he looks kinda good. That will be a shoot out. And I just don't trust this team enough to be able to hold on and win this one. Even though they have no one that can  cover Dez. So that leaves us with the possibility of 10 wins. And there right after the Eagles game, which I see them winning, is the classic Lion trap game after a hard fought road win. I Got them at 9-7 winning the east on the last game of the season finally. And the make some noise in the play offs. No super bowl but I think they'll be close. I think they are a guard and a DT away from being something special. Now this could go either way. They could prove me wrong and go into the Superdome or Soldierfield and pull out a win but then they could just as easily drop one or two maybe even three to the chargers rams or Vikings. And that's the thing they haven't proven they can win the games they should or pull out a tough win on the road. And after what I saw From  Callahan last week I mean really dez abused mistreated and stepped on Brandon Flowers all day and you've got him one on one with one of the most explosive players in the league you take that everyday all day. But no its a screen!? to a rookie and a field goal in a game you lose by one point. You can't do that. Not if you want to go do the things they want to do. Dallas has suffered from always trying to play chess when football is much more like checkers. Its a simple game and it starts with having the best athletes. And I challenge you to find better ones anywhere in the NFL. Its all about miss matches. And there are plenty everywhere on that offense Dez can't be covered and if they want to double him OK give me witten one on one with any linebacker or safety. Then there's Austin who isn't that far removed from being in that top 10 mode. You can't double them all. So to me its all about design with the cowboys. It hasn't been about talent for awhile. I do think they can. Get there but it will take A loss of ego on the part of Garrett and Callahan.  And idk  if Garrett can get to that point because he's a smart guy and smart guys always think they are the smartest person in the room. He'll probably make a Superbowl just on sheer talent but he's been the one constant for the past 6 years and everything is in place for him to succeed. And damn that was long.

kurtone

They won't win shit until Jerry dies, and even then fans will have to worry if his son is just like he is. I seriously think any fan could take a copy of the latest Madden game and build a better game plan than what the offensive coordinator and garrett come up with. But hey at the least the defense looks better. Notice too how Dallas always plays down to the competition, they can  play a team like the broncos and hang, yet they play a shit team like the raiders and will probably struggle to beat them. For being a ivy league grad garrett doesn't seem to know jack shit.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: deftones86 on Sep 18, 2013, 08:28 AM
12-4 for the cowboys idk I've been a cowboys fan all my life so don't take this as a cowboy hater thing. But I just cant find 12 wins for them. after week 5 they'll have two losses. I don't think they have a shot in hell at the broncos. Just because Peyton seems to have found his arm again. And thinks he has something to prove. And with two tough road games with the saints and bears I don't see them beating those two. Then you have the division which I think they will win I say they split with the giants and sweep the Skins and eagle's because let's be honest RGIII isn't himself and probably won't be till very late into the year. And that defense is horrible. And there is no way Vick makes it the whole year. He just can't. Then there's that green bay team and that Rogers guy he looks kinda good. That will be a shoot out. And I just don't trust this team enough to be able to hold on and win this one. Even though they have no one that can  cover Dez. So that leaves us with the possibility of 10 wins. And there right after the Eagles game, which I see them winning, is the classic Lion trap game after a hard fought road win. I Got them at 9-7 winning the east on the last game of the season finally. And the make some noise in the play offs. No super bowl but I think they'll be close. I think they are a guard and a DT away from being something special. Now this could go either way. They could prove me wrong and go into the Superdome or Soldierfield and pull out a win but then they could just as easily drop one or two maybe even three to the chargers rams or Vikings. And that's the thing they haven't proven they can win the games they should or pull out a tough win on the road. And after what I saw From  Callahan last week I mean really dez abused mistreated and stepped on Brandon Flowers all day and you've got him one on one with one of the most explosive players in the league you take that everyday all day. But no its a screen!? to a rookie and a field goal in a game you lose by one point. You can't do that. Not if you want to go do the things they want to do. Dallas has suffered from always trying to play chess when football is much more like checkers. Its a simple game and it starts with having the best athletes. And I challenge you to find better ones anywhere in the NFL. Its all about miss matches. And there are plenty everywhere on that offense Dez can't be covered and if they want to double him OK give me witten one on one with any linebacker or safety. Then there's Austin who isn't that far removed from being in that top 10 mode. You can't double them all. So to me its all about design with the cowboys. It hasn't been about talent for awhile. I do think they can. Get there but it will take A loss of ego on the part of Garrett and Callahan.  And idk  if Garrett can get to that point because he's a smart guy and smart guys always think they are the smartest person in the room. He'll probably make a Superbowl just on sheer talent but he's been the one constant for the past 6 years and everything is in place for him to succeed. And damn that was long.

I've never known the cowboys to have an easy schedule, they always got it rough beginning with the division, the division that has won the most super bowls, the teams in it are always capable of winning any game they play. I predicted RG3 would have it rough, but just like Jordan in his sophomore year, he will come back and score 69 points against the Celtics, but he'll still lose 2 to the 'boys. I think they'll split with the Eagles because they are very good, and I believe vick will play smarter and last 16 games, take 2nd in east. Eli will always be a threat for big plays with his WR's but dallas with snatch 2 from them and finish 5-1 in the east.

yeah I think they'll lose to the broncos too, but that contradicts that I think they'll finish 8-0 at home, we'll see I hope they win and finish at least 7-1 at home.

IMO the saints/cowboys has been the new NFL rivalry for the last 7 years, that's basically my two favorite teams, but I think dallas will catch them this year.

They'll make a mockery of green bay's lack of a running game and slow them down with all our new DB's. win.

As for the Kansas game, I knew it would be close, but not with that outcome. tony was throwing precision passes to dez, tight beautiful throws. then in the 4th quarter KC db's had everybody locked up and tony was basically throwing them away not to get sacked or intercepted. The whole thing is demarco needs to motherfucking open this game up with his legs, I'm getting real sick of them having no running game when we have the history of the best running back ever!

It's all about the running game at this point.

bright lights, big city

I think Murray's good and will be fine, but you're really putting a lot of faith in that defense, namely the DB's. We're talking the Cowboys right? And Claiborne? I was under the impression he's not living up to their expectations.
DERP

SwerveCityUSA

I thought he grabbed a pick six

deftones86

Claiborne's problem is he hasn't played much he's been hurt pretty much since we drafted him. He's going to be a good player just needs the time on the field. Cornerback is probably the most difficult position to play you have to shadow a receiver who's one of the fastest players on the field and could  break any way at any time. Oh and you can't touch them past 5 yards.

SwerveCityUSA

ya playing cornerback sucks, it should be one of the funnest positions.

kurtone

I retract my statement about the defense being better. Funny how rob Ryan turned the saints d around but couldn't do shit with Dallas even after dumbing it down. Can't be mad about losing a game when you put up 48 points. What a shoot out.

SwerveCityUSA

i'm glad we lost to Denver that way, that was the most righteous loss in the history of the nfl. romo almost put the highest qb rating in a single game in history if it weren't for that pick. So far the broncos are the most successful offense in the history of the nfl and dallas matched them tit for tat. that speaks volumes. here comes a winning streak. I still say 12-4, maybe 11-5. we have to play new Orleans, that's my second favorite team. I actually hope new Orleans wins another super bowl this year, they got robbed 2 years ago.

SwerveCityUSA