Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NFL (football) thread

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 04, 2008, 05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

SwerveCityUSA

yep, i'm depressed about native boy Sam Bradford. he didn't even actually get injured if you watched the play, they just don't want him to rack up stats and have a native American quarterback be the greatest. oh well.

Same with Vick, he's not even injured, did you see him on the supposed play where he got injured? that was bad acting. he even said he could've kept playing. then foles steps in and has a good game and then all the sudden the headlines read "vick's injury more serious than was thought." over a week later.

bullshit, nfl doesn't want to see the righteous survive. same with racist jew Snyder saying "we will never change the redskins name." what a forward thinking, respectful man.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

bright lights, big city

Bet you like this then: http://www.theonion.com/articles/redskins-kike-owner-refuses-to-change-teams-offens,34292/

Don't forget the Bears too man. They just instantly became unwatchable with JCutty and Briggs out at least a month. Plus Tillman and our top 2 WRs getting rattled by Meriweather (at least he's getting suspended for his constant headhunting).
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

SwerveCityUSA

lmao, wow, I really hate racist shit like that, but that was funny. still its fucked up.

But yes, Lawrence o donnel had a great point on this and synder's point of view.

the fact is, it's very offensive. but you know what, I'm the one that could care less about the name, but that's not even the point, its the principle, period. just don't have names like that, there was never a reason to in the first place. except to celebrate racism which is what they've been doing for 81 years, and this entire western hemisphere for 521 years, since Columbus.

Furthermore, in synder's reasoning to keep the name, he said the original coach and 4 starters were native americans. cool, then show some respect.

he said, also it is to celebrate native American history. ok then why not tell some? let's start with the iruqois confederacy right there in Washington who wrote "the great law of peace" in the 12th century, the manuscript which later became the main article that "the founding fathers" based the constitution on. this fact also was recognized under the Reagan administration in 1986.

How about, also that Native Americans at Carlisle in the early 1900's established the passing game, before that it was strictly hand off's and tosses.

I could go on. if they were sincere about what they say, they would act on it, and change the name and celebrate true history.

also, I love the subtle things Obama does, like saying "if it was offending a sizeable group of people, I would think about changing it." He always sticks up for righteousness.

SwerveCityUSA

dallas is playing great. I'm going for new Orleans to win the super bowl.

one weak

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Sep 13, 2013, 09:07 AM
Dallas 12-4 wins the east, i'm firm and confident on that. also Vick is going to have his best season andstay healthy, I really like the eagles and always have I hope they go 10-6 or something. redskins will be good too and rg3 will awe. and eli always throws bombs and upsets like archie. so the division never sucks, its always been the hardest division in the league.
;D

SwerveCityUSA

I still think dallas will go 12-4. Vick was doing so good, what up with a hammy? and RG3 is coming back strong just like MJ in his second year coming off that ankle break only to drop 69 bones on the Celtics in the playoffs. and eli still does throw bombs, ive never liked him or the giants, but damn he will piss you off and hit a WR for a touchdown out of nowhere.

kurtone

I honestly think the giants will come back and win the nfc east with 7-9 or 8-8.

SwerveCityUSA

it might be a stretch for me to say dallas will win the last 8 games, but I only see them losing to the saints and packers and getting to 10-6 for sure. but I will say they most certainly can beat anyone on any given sunday. but to say the gaints will comeback is way too much crack in your brain.

my guess

1 dallas 10-6
2 eagles 8-8
3 washington 7-9
4 giants 5-11

keep in mind dallas is undefeated in the division and 3-1 at home so far.

kurtone

If there is a way to lose a game, Dallas will find it. Good teams find a way to win, and sad to say, this team just isn't very good.  I don't blame Dez for blowing up, he seems to be the only player on the team with any heart, everyone else seems to still be stuck with that complacent Wade Phillips "we lost but its ok we'll work on it" attitude. I don't see any teams out of this division getting 10 wins.

Anyway, enough about big D, there's 31 other teams in the NFL. What does everyone think so far halfway through the season? Hard to believe the Chiefs are 8-0. Although the Broncos are still winning, Peyton has kind of regressed since the Dallas game. You think the Jags or Bucs will ever get a win?

SwerveCityUSA

the only thing bad about dallas is the defense, they've been giving up record numbers. just proves how awesome their offense is, even when they don't have a running game. just the best qb and 5 good receivers.

Hank

SwerveCityUSA

ya im going for new Orleans for the super bowl. but look what happened to them last year without a defense.

Hank

they have somewhat of a defense this year. So who knows...
They got by this week because of a bullshit call..but that serves the team they were playing right from all those Montana/Young/Rice years they got away with the same shit (favoritism by refs).

The bandwagon and support for this franchise ( since the hurricane) has made me nauseous since Benson was about to sell the team to San Antonio during the worse time this team has ever seen and it took tax payer money for them to stay  ...I understand the fans from out of state that have"supported" this team ( hurricane pity) but its bullshit with the fans here.....as crazy as it sounds I'm ashamed to be a Saints fan here in New Orleans present day.

This fan base hated this team ( since the Dome Patrol when they were ripping shit up and had a shit offense ,until they finally won the big one in 2010) and didn't properly support them even in the darkest days until the media told the masses they were "worthy" . 

FUCK A "who dat nation"...fucking front running shit.

love the Saints . hate the fanbase.

SwerveCityUSA

that's good stuff man.

remember though I was there 2 weeks before Katrina. august '05. stayin at the marriot. I called it my favorite city in America. pure culture. pure south. no too far from islands. jazz music. beautiful babies walkin' naked through the streets. marlon brando. yes yes yes.

Hank

for sure ..you know I talk stupid

and the city is still is bro.. come down some time.

Fuck all these fans with flags and shit on their rides though

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Hank on Nov 19, 2013, 10:14 AM
for sure ..you know I talk stupid

and the city is still is bro.. come down some time.

Fuck all these fans with flags and shit on their rides though
hilarious...so bro

Amazing how shitty the refs have been this season, and no one's really that pissed off with them. Last year with the replacements, all hell was breaking loose. That SF-Brees penalty was bullshit, as was the last play of the Pats-Panthers game last night with the picked up flag in the endzone.

Also, I want to like the Panthers, but could they have any more unlikable players?
DERP

SwerveCityUSA

don't bitch. patriots had plenty calls go for them that game, especially that added two seconds to even make that play possible. brady through it right to the defender, it wasn't even possible for that Russian motherfucker to catch it. but yes it was a stupid play by the linebacker, could've cost the game.

the panthers are one of my favorite teams, cam is the best, what's not to like?

bright lights, big city

Ya boy Cam is not to like, that's who. His need to do his Superman pose, his first down celebrations. His college days don't help his cause either. But win something, and earn the right the celebrate.

Greg Olsen and Steve Smith are shitheads too.

And I don't mean come across as bitching for the Pats, just thought that was horrible way to end the game. THat and the refs are garbage, haha.
DERP

SwerveCityUSA

yep, this league has been filled with horrible, unfair calls for a very long time. nice to see people are catching on.

fuck winning. I'm all about stats. and cam has the best, he's fucking up marino and all the "greats" in a big way. he's got the most complete game any quarterback ever had.

as for winning, 7-3 is looking real good.