Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NFL (football) thread

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 04, 2008, 05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftones86

the vikes only gave up a third round pick for moss. they'll be able to get a quarterback in the draft next year. but there may not be any football next year.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: deftones86 on Nov 23, 2010, 08:00 AM
the vikes only gave up a third round pick for moss. they'll be able to get a quarterback in the draft next year. but there may not be any football next year.

Yeah, we'll see about all of that. I personally don't really give a shit if they strike. I'm so goddamn fed up with all of these whiny fucking bitches begging for a taxpayer-funded stadiums (not saying football is the only sport sucking off the welfare-for-the-millionaire/billionaire teat) and a fucking raise. Not that they don't work hard or whatever, but it's just so much bullshit when they threaten to move cities or strike because state legislatures haven't yet bought into their retarded "economic multiplier" logic. I would have a perma-boner if I got to be the one to tell these rich pussies to go pound some fuckin sand. Thank you San Francisco Giants for proving you don't need to fuck everybody in your state who doesn't give a shit about your sport out of their money to win a title.

/rant

bright lights, big city

Bears/Pats game is on national tv today. It's gearing up to a classic. We've got 50 mph winds, below zero wind chill, half a foot of snow in the forecast, and a field in horrendous condition due to it being re-sodded a week ago.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

still can't believe the bears are in the nfc championship game. i guess no matter the outcome, i should be happy about them making it this far. i'm definitely glad no one from the overrated nfc east made it past the 1st round.

nonetheless, this game against the packers IS the biggest football game in chicago in 25 years. this whole week has been amazing here.
DERP

Sushi-X

Hey bright lights, ever noticed how Roberto Garza bears a bit of resemblece to (chunky) Chino?

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

haha you're right. his goatee matches chino's perfectly. just too bad that's garza's best quality. because he can't block for shit, you see.
DERP

Sushi-X

You got that right.

Btw are you on the "jay cutler" hate bandwagon or not?

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

fuck no. i'm really pissed off at other players, current and retired, bashing him on espn, twitter, etc. actually i'm pissed at a lot of the fans here. seriously, people bitched about having grossman and countless other quarterbacks that sucked, and now we have a QB with talent, and people are burning his jersey because he didn't look injured enough. those people are probably the faction of bears fans that are also cubs fans.

People should be more pissed with Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith for signing Todd Collins and insisting that he be the number 2 QB, amongst all the other shitty deals Angelo's made in the last decade. who knows, those couple possessions Collins was in yesterday, instead of Hanie, could've resulted in a scoring drive or 2.

I'll just end this rant with what i posted on facebook earlier today:
I don't get Chicago fans hating on Cutler. The guy had no WRs, diabetes, and an inept offensive line, and still won the division and got to the NFC championship. That's a success. Now let's just unite and run Todd Collins and his 1.9 (rounded up) QB rating out of town.
DERP

deftones86

Man idk even know how that dude todd collins is a 16 year vet. He looked so helpless and lost

bright lights, big city

Looking back, he did look pretty hilarious out there. I wish shit like that would happen to other teams.

By the way, the Super Bowl should be a pretty good game. Big Ben and Rodgers are both on top of their game. Both defenses are really good. I gotta root for the Steelers though.
DERP

deftones86

I have to go for the Steelers. I have a personal vendetta against Aaron Rodgers. I hope James Harrison knocks him out. And then i hope he never recovers. Because I really dont know how many more times i can watch him do the belt thing. Its fuckin annoying.

bright lights, big city

right on, dude. Peppers put a good hit on him Sunday, that I think affected him. The guy's already had 2 concussions this year alone, maybe we have another Steve Young on our hands.
DERP

deftones86

Steve Young won a Super Bowl Aaron Rodgers never will... i hope

E-Money

Quote from: deftones86 on Jan 26, 2011, 07:39 AM
I have to go for the Steelers. I have a personal vendetta against Aaron Rodgers. I hope James Harrison knocks him out. And then i hope he never recovers. Because I really dont know how many more times i can watch him do the belt thing. Its fuckin annoying.

exactly

deftones86

Super Bowls over Aaron rogers won. much to my dismay. OHHHHH welll let the lock out begin

bright lights, big city

yeah man as a bears fan, that super bowl was absolutely crushing. maybe next year we'll get replacement players. like keanu reeves as the new bears QB. and gene hackman as our new head coach. and jon favreau at LB.
DERP

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 11, 2011, 05:51 PM
yeah man as a bears fan, that super bowl was absolutely crushing. maybe next year we'll get replacement players. like keanu reeves as the new bears QB. and gene hackman as our new head coach. and jon favreau at LB.

Lets not forget that movie is loosely based on the 1987 Redskins, during that lockout year they went on to win the Super Bowl! :D

Go Skins! -crickets chirp- :P
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem