Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

should deftones have disbanded after white pony?

Started by Caín, May 26, 2008, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i kill for fun

well im just gonna go ahead and agree with you cause i get tired of the attacking, whining, and obsession with aguing,,,,,i mean technically i disagree, but becaue that was such a bold statement...man, you got balls
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Caín

Quote from: i kill for fun on May 27, 2008, 09:09 AM
well im just gonna go ahead and agree with you cause i get tired of the attacking, whining, and obsession with aguing,,,,,i mean technically i disagree, but becaue that was such a bold statement...man, you got balls

lol.
thanks man. appreciated.

Starz

I agree as to don't worry what anyone thinks of you on here but... If they had broken up after WP then we wouldn't have S/T which in my opinion, is one of the greatest, darkest emotional albums ever made. I cannot imagine my life without the S/T album. I'm so sorry that you cannot see the beauty that is Deftones - S/T...

Hidalgo

this is an interesting topic. of course i say no way, i'm glad they've made 2 more albums, going on 3 with eros. but yea, their legacy would probably be a lot bigger had they broke up say in late 2001. i mean, i liked s/t, but it wasnt anywhere near as good as WP, & it was definitely a step back. SNW was a step up from s/t, & back on the right track, but maybe not quite on the same page as the first 3 albums(though it's close). it really just depends on your taste, some may like their newer sound better, it is pretty damn great. but think about it, had they left off at WP, they'd have 3 flawless albums, no fat jokes, just all good things

but yea, i'm glad they're still together & making this new record

goldpony

definitiely no. who knows, maybe theyll release another like WP. I liked S/T and SNW btw
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

kalhan

uh... no

and s/t is deftones' crown jewel. i love all the tracks it came with.

white pony is just what the album sales have reflected. commercial success. i could live without "change", i despise that track. and i don't think i'd be able to listen to white pony on a loop for a second time, no way. s/t on the other hand, i heard for two weeks front to back and i cried because it was so beautiful.

deftones breaking up after white pony would mean no s/t and i can't have that.

and thanks for bringing korn up. yeah, they should've broken up after... follow the leader.

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

cast so cool

Quote from: kalhan on May 28, 2008, 02:18 AM

and thanks for bringing korn up. yeah, they should've broken up after... follow the leader.

Fuckin 'a.

No way Deftones shouldve broken up. Im not saying they need to go on like the Rolling Stones touring in their depends but they still have alot to offer and I for one want to receive it.

theis

There Will Be Blood

wither-I

as has een said already, if they would have ended it after wp there would be no hate.

Quote from: Hidalgo on May 27, 2008, 06:52 PM
had they left off at WP, they'd have 3 flawless albums, no fat jokes, just all good things

"coming into the nearness of distance"

cast so cool

But you cant tell me that when you put in S/T, those first few notes of Hexagram doesnt do something to you

Deadradio

Yeah, I like S/T more than White Pony.

Much darker

cyppe101

Jacob

Quote from: wither-I on May 28, 2008, 04:34 PM
as has een said already, if they would have ended it after wp there would be no hate.

Quote from: Hidalgo on May 27, 2008, 06:52 PM
had they left off at WP, they'd have 3 flawless albums, no fat jokes, just all good things

yes there would. there would be those complaining about how mainstream Deftones had gotten with WP or that they had mixed in too much electronica. there will always be people complaining, no matter what.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wither-I

Quote from: cast so cool on May 28, 2008, 05:27 PM
But you cant tell me that when you put in S/T, those first few notes of Hexagram doesnt do something to you
oh i adore s/t. this is not me. i love them still going strong.

but as history looks back....

mr.sinister

No. Deftones is THE band. A world without Bloody Cape or Beware would be hard to live in.

Hidalgo

it's very puzzling why this entire board has taken s/t under it's wing as their best album. it's pretty much clearly known as their worst album. i think it's their worst (yet it's still a good album for sure)

we need to do a "best deftones album" poll again

Starz

I was going to say the same thing. When I first joined this Forum I remember expressing my love for S/T album and many of the replies I got were 'That's cool man cos not many people see S/T in such high regard as you do...' Maybe over time the people who didn't enjoy it much at first have come to realise just how great an album it is? I don't know but it does seem strange as I thought the majority on here didn't like S/T very much...

wither-I

most people on this board are depressed thats why.