Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lostpilot's music (the Picturesque Episodes + KING SLEEP)

Started by lostpilot, Dec 22, 2008, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

lostpilot

bright lights, big city

Listening now while I'm working! Nice and chill, I like it now. Definitely interested in hearing this with added vocals in the future.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Dude, i'm listening to Singularity for the first time right now. I really like it, and imagine i'll be spinning this a lot while reading.

lostpilot

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 16, 2013, 06:00 PM
Dude, i'm listening to Singularity for the first time right now. I really like it, and imagine i'll be spinning this a lot while reading.

cool! I really enjoyed making it, and I thing it's my most comprehensive ambient album so far!
in other news:

- right now I am working with more than 40 King Sleep tracks, it's a drag
- I will be playing in three big festivals in summer -  first one happening in two weeks in the capital, along with Toro y Moi, Kelis, FM Belfast, Mum and bunch of other names in other stages
- Two outdoor festivals in the summer, both I loved playing at last year and the year before
- Need new gear, have not enough money
- Trying to find solutions for live shows!

Here we go.
Also I really really want to release a track as 'the Picturesque Episodes', it's called "Time Reset", and there's bunch of my vocals (which I am doing now everywhere, haha). It's awesome, I love it. It's basically about time travel and stuff.

Cheers!

lostpilot

new music always coming, recording things, performing live in three festivals in two months period of time.
people seem to like it. I am very happy and satisfied.
but post-rock is not dead and will be back in the future in one or another form because there are still some words unsaid
for now, easy out
https://soundcloud.com/king-sleep/reflections

DeftonesNZ

Really good stuff man, has a really chill relaxing vibe to it, I can  see I'm going to be listening to this alot as i always like to put on some down tempo stuff when I'm working on a uni proejct or something, noticed a upgrade in the production since the last ep you posted here for download as well, the Picturesque episodes? i think it was, I can't check because it was on my old pc that crashed but i remember production wise they sounded more like demos than this new stuff, the production on this stuff really sounds great.

lostpilot

Thanks, dude, but the production is never enough good with me! It's still more of a 8/10 when I want at least 9 or 10 out of 10. Long way to go, still. All of the previous music that I have done was not as good as what I do right now, well maybe for a couple of the Picturesque Episodes (while I pushed out like twenty of them, carelessly).
I am growing, music is in my veins and I will reach my dream.

DeftonesNZ

Hey man I was just taking advantage of the free downloads on your website and thought i'd let you know the I/O Technologies mirror thing doesn't work, all the rest are fine, by the way great website.

lostpilot

I/O Technogenesis is a shitty album, so you don't really have to hear it, haha!

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 28, 2013, 05:14 PM
blasphemy, bro

No, it is, really. From everything that I had done I only would consider "Cosmogenesis", "Singularity" and "Constellations" to be real albums, even though there's still a million things to improve on these albums truly. Also there's "Endless Lullabies" which is on hold forever and might never be released. Only with King Sleep I reach the clarity of production but yet not always.

It's a process in my mind, I expect many things from myself, and I expect them to happen quickly and effortlessly. This will be my downfall! Never truly polishing anything well enough.

lostpilot

just in case you have wondered, things are moving forward slowly, I am playing more and more live shows, and with time and effort they are a better experience and I am better at what I do. This picture is from a local arts festival "Insanitus" where I played before headliners from UK, and most of the audience thought I was actually the hyped project for the festival (the one from UK), they were very impressed. Much more impressed after realizing that I am just a local dude that works in his bedroom.

"the Picturesque Episodes" is fully OFF for the time being.
"King Sleep" is expanding slowly.

https://soundcloud.com/king-sleep/distance

Crazylegs

lftpp

lostpilot

I'm pretty sure I told myself to stop making ambient music but it just happened to be created, "Dreams IV".
You might like it if you liked any of my previous ambient stuff.

Get it right here - http://bit.ly/196z2OK

Diplo