Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lostpilot's music (the Picturesque Episodes + KING SLEEP)

Started by lostpilot, Dec 22, 2008, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Download my new abstract/drone EP for drowsy drowning here

bright lights, big city

Thank you, Darius! You're new music is always appreciated here.

Honestly, I wasn't feeling this at first, mainly because I'm not the BIGGEST drone fan around. But most of this seems more atmospheric and, as you said, abstract, which I enjoy.  Journey... and Sleeping in the Immortal Forest I didn't really care for, just don't seem like my cup of tea upon first listen. Then the Drifting Monolith came on, and I loved that haunting feeling of it. For me, it was an album changer. The last half is so good! Will give another complete spin this afternoon!

Question about Endless Blooms... I have a demo track called the Majestic Eternal Night. Is that renamed to the Eternal Nightmare? Random, I know, just been organizing my digital music library lately.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 10, 2011, 05:44 PM
Thank you, Darius! You're new music is always appreciated here.

Honestly, I wasn't feeling this at first, mainly because I'm not the BIGGEST drone fan around. But most of this seems more atmospheric and, as you said, abstract, which I enjoy.  Journey... and Sleeping in the Immortal Forest I didn't really care for, just don't seem like my cup of tea upon first listen. Then the Drifting Monolith came on, and I loved that haunting feeling of it. For me, it was an album changer. The last half is so good! Will give another complete spin this afternoon!

Question about Endless Blooms... I have a demo track called the Majestic Eternal Night. Is that renamed to the Eternal Nightmare? Random, I know, just been organizing my digital music library lately.

thoughts:

well, Sleeping in the Opiate Forest is sort of a filler album with the experiments. Plus you have to have in mind that this album is "live" (no matter how weird does it sound) and was recorded in one take. So it means something for me, I guess.

Yes, the track was renamed!

And the next album coming to the people is, finally, massively, epicly, "Endless Lullabies".
Two or three months and the monolith will be ready.

I am thinking about this album all the time. Everything is drawn, planned, created, storyline is written in my head, I just have to work. A LOT.
And read about various mixing mastering techniques to improve the album.

I have to say though, that only the first Movement (first 4 tracks, demos in the sampler) will be available for free (somehow).
Other two will be available as a digital album through BandCamp with a certain minimum price. I cannot afford to release free music anymore - I guess after ten albums which I released for free I have some sort of a right to expect donations from people :)

That is all for now.

Deftones-argentina

you know Darius, it's kind of sad for some of us since for example I don't have the ability (In argenitna it's really complex to do it, actually) to use internet money. Still I respect your choice, you have my blessings.

Deftones-argentina

Oh, I could get you a ruff demo of the song we are creating that I'd like you to collaborate. take a listen, i'm sure you'll connect to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8e3cad2vsep8lb8

bright lights, big city

how you record all this in one take is beyond me.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 11, 2011, 02:18 AM
you know Darius, it's kind of sad for some of us since for example I don't have the ability (In argenitna it's really complex to do it, actually) to use internet money. Still I respect your choice, you have my blessings.

I will somehow solve the equality problem. I will find a way :)

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 11, 2011, 08:18 AM
how you record all this in one take is beyond me.

Well, to be honest, it was quite easy. There are only guitars on one song (Sleeping in the Opiate Forest) - so looping was the way to go; infinite loops and switches. While other songs were played with a keyboard plus lots of manipulation.

bright lights, big city

DERP

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 11, 2011, 03:27 AM
Oh, I could get you a ruff demo of the song we are creating that I'd like you to collaborate. take a listen, i'm sure you'll connect to it.

I listened to the song, and I believe that we can make a very very nice and a very long song from this.
Be open-minded, hehe, but I'm talking about something like 12+ minutes song, I've got some variations in my head already :)

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 11, 2011, 11:25 PM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 11, 2011, 03:27 AM

I listened to the song, and I believe that we can make a very very nice and a very long song from this.
Be open-minded, hehe, but I'm talking about something like 12+ minutes song, I've got some variations in my head already :)

that would be nice, our drummer suggested we could turn it into a large song, since he enjoys playing it so much. There's a variation of the "chorus", also. It's cleaner sounding & it could be useful to your work;
TheNightPilot.
   we are recording the drum tracks at the end of february. I hope to have the guitar tracks at the end of march. The bass will have to wait a little more time, our bassist hasn't done his creative job yet (I have a few rough ideas for the bass, though.).

lostpilot

hehe, well, the song has to be named "The Nightdiver". It gives so much perspective and emotion :)

lostpilot

Check out the updated blog, also updated Downloads section and a Release Guide that I wrote :)

http://h-minor.blogspot.com/

lostpilot

I decided that I am not just yet ready to finish recording "Endless Lullabies" - it is taking forever, perfectionism never helped me anyway.
It is postponed to (probably) summer.

While the works of "Endless Lullabies" are on hold, I will release an album that I had in my mind for a long time. Cosmic-rock with a touch of dark silent drone. Music for dark evenings, shamanism and esoteric dreaming, post-apocalypse, space-traveling, gloomy dusty dark cities and end of times.

COSMOGENESIS: Gloom and Doom / Tokyo Pulse / Edge of the Universe / Supermass / Glimmering Ebb / Ayawaska Frequency / Holy Mountain
2011/04/20

Deftones-argentina

what happened to the Koala proyect D, has some ideas came up from that?
Yesterday I recorded guitars for TheNightdiver, only  bass in a few weeks and It'll be ready.
by the way, I showed the dream series to 2 good friends of mine and loved your work. They are downloading every album right now.

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Mar 13, 2011, 01:51 AM
what happened to the Koala proyect D, has some ideas came up from that?
Yesterday I recorded guitars for TheNightdiver, only  bass in a few weeks and It'll be ready.
by the way, I showed the dream series to 2 good friends of mine and loved your work. They are downloading every album right now.

Koala project is always in idea level :)

I am very excited about Cosmogenesis.

Deftones-argentina

diggin the idea of a bass driven tune. It's like thirst, but in the slower vein of your music. Kind of an expansion of your style.

lostpilot

lostpilot

bright lights, big city

DERP