Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 30, 2011, 10:21 AM
Honestly linkin park are more imaginative than incubus these days, at least they gave selling out a real shot
best description of the album i have read til now

deftoner664

Wow this is killing me that this album already leeked and people are giving negative reviews of the sound... I need to hear it for myself to make the final judgement but unfortuantly looks like their record lable terminated all the availiable links for download... Unless there is one floating under the radar somewhere out there....;)
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

theis

Quote from: deftoner664 on May 01, 2011, 07:06 PM
Unless there is one floating under the radar somewhere out there....;)

http://axiom712.co.cc/innw.rar

deftoner664

Theis... you are awesome :)

deftoner664

*sigh* well I see what everyone means... I know they will never make another Make Yourself, or Science for that matter.. But with this album they took a complete 360 and I swear they are trying to convey a slight classic rock type vibe with a touch of experiement features to their new material.. Its not what I expected but it does have its moments. I have to say though In the company of wolves really took me by suprise.. Switch Blade was very interesting... But alot of the others really didnt catch my ear... This is very subjective and ironic but I think adolescents is the best track.

shine down unshy

Quote from: spitfire on May 01, 2011, 02:21 PM
Honestly linkin park are more imaginative than incubus these days, at least they gave selling out a real shot

I don't know either of you fucks, nor do I trust your musical integrity to judge such an album.

shine down unshy

P.S.  Especially if you guys listen to Linkin Park, lol.  Everyone knows they suck.  If you're going to judge an album, at least place the bar a bit higher next time.  Incubus are on a whole other level. 

Now, off to listen to the new album.

Corleone

spitfire

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 11, 2011, 07:46 PM

I don't know either of you fucks, nor do I trust your musical integrity to judge such an album.
its called sarcasm

deftonekid

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 11, 2011, 07:48 PM
Incubus WERE on a whole other level. 

Fixed

Since there's a link working I'm gonna download it and listen to it, my expectations are really low so let's see...

deftonekid

Oh c'mon 2 songs so far and I already want to kill myself...sad.

glassdomino

after repeated listens this album is growing on me.  it definitely has its moments.

iceache

I love Adolescents so I know i'm going to love the rest of the album

I'm gonna do a track by track...

If not now when? - I don't like it. I don't know if it'll grow on me, but it probably wont.

Promises, Promises - Love it, Lyrics are a little repetitive but still good.

Friends and Lovers - I like it, not the best song i've heard on the album but it's not the worst.

Thieves - Love it, I just love Brandon Boyds voice in this song, and just the whole instrumentation of it all..

Isadore - Fuck yes, this is Incubus at its finest.

The Original - Love it. It's soothing to my ears, its the song you listen to with your eyes closed and it takes you somewhere else. Einziger kills it again.

Defiance - Acoustic song, sounds like its a Brandon Boyd written song, guitars and all, sounds like a folk song or something. Like it, but not a whole lot. Short song, only 2:19 in length.

In The Company Of Wolves - Reminds me of like.. Pink Floyd.. I love it. Just the way he sings is amazing. Song switches direction midway through.. Funky bass groove in there. More amazing guitar and drumming as well.. Ok this song may just be my favorite song on the album... it just keeps getting better as the song progresses..

Switchblade - Oh damn.. This is the most upbeat song so far on the album.. Kinda hip-hoppy singing.. awesome bass lines.. probably 2nd favorite on the album. Bitchin song. It might end up being my favorite once I listen to the album more.

Adolescents - Love it, one of my favorite songs on the album.

Tomorrow's Food - Good song to close the album. Finger picked guitar, soothing lyrics... slower tempo.

-------------

Usually, when a band says they've "evolved" their sound.. It's usually a lie. This album, shows what true evolution is when it comes to music.

shine down unshy

Quote from: Corleone on May 11, 2011, 10:17 PM
you mad bro?

Oh yes.  Fuming.

Quote from: spitfire on May 11, 2011, 10:25 PM
Quote from: shine down unshy on May 11, 2011, 07:46 PM

its called sarcasm

Lol, you guys just came off so arrogant.  Sorry if I scared you.  And I know what sarcasm is, I don't need you to post a link to Wikipedia showing me what it is.  I know damn well what it is, damnit.

Unforunately the album didn't blow me away, but I'll keep listening to it because it's so well conceived and just...beautiful in its own way. I really want hear a studio version of "Surface to Air", it's such an amazing song. 

Slacker

i got the itunes single, and it most definitly sounds much better than the fucking enconded rip, as much as the album supposedly sucks, im waiting for a decent rip. i already blew myself listening to the fucking 192 rip of decon (DTP), not happening twice!.

iceache

Quote from: Slacker on May 12, 2011, 06:58 AM
i got the itunes single, and it most definitly sounds much better than the fucking enconded rip, as much as the album supposedly sucks, im waiting for a decent rip. i already blew myself listening to the fucking 192 rip of decon (DTP), not happening twice!.
theres a 320kbps rip out there.

theis

Quote from: iceache on May 12, 2011, 02:22 PM

Find it!

spitfire

Quote from: theis on May 12, 2011, 02:26 PM

Find it!
the 320 kpbs leaked 2 days after the first leak. not transcoded

theis

Really? So it's a legitimate leak?

Slacker

Quote from: spitfire on May 12, 2011, 06:24 PM
Quote from: theis on May 12, 2011, 02:26 PM

Find it!
the 320 kpbs leaked 2 days after the first leak. not transcoded

i need the scans for that. proof or die.