Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassdomino

i do not like this album at all.  

E-Money

Disappointed... pretty lame effort compared to their past material. 

mr.sinister

Well... I have listened to this album a number of times and at first I felt kind of disappointed that after such a long time they came out with such a slow and
soft album. I gave it more listens though and this album has grown on me quite a bit I should say. The compositions are very lush and flow nicely. There is definitely a minimal aspect taken into it, but I think it works great for them. I haven't yet decided how this ranks amongst their other albums, but songs like Thieves and In The Company of Wolves are just some of the best stuff they have every written.

Slacker

is it just me, or dont you guys feel kinda lame listening to a fucking encoded 128 rip?

im not saying that the album wont suck either way on a flac format but...i mean, come on...

does anybody feel me, or im just being too elite?. i mean its freaking 2011 you know

...just saying.

theis

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 27, 2011, 09:51 PM
is it just me, or dont you guys feel kinda lame listening to a fucking encoded 128 rip?

does anybody feel me, or im just being too elite?. i mean its freaking 2011 you know

I totally feel you.

That's why I've only listened to it once and deleted it. Gonna listen to it again when it's released.

Deftones-argentina

I think It's actually a bit elite. many people want 320 kbps rips only for them to be heard on shitty speakers. We as music lovers should learn to separate the music from the sound (really abstract, I know).
Still some records deserve this kind of respect. It happened with Thursday's last album, for example.

theis

Paint Your Lips

mr.sinister

Very boring video.

deftonekid

I'm not even downloading it, I knew it was going to be a great dissapoinment since i listened to Adolescents. I think their target now are teenagers with pimples on their faces....such a shame...

theis

Slacker

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 28, 2011, 02:22 AM
I think It's actually a bit elite. many people want 320 kbps rips only for them to be heard on shitty speakers. We as music lovers should learn to separate the music from the sound (really abstract, I know).
Still some records deserve this kind of respect. It happened with Thursday's last album, for example.

word, thankfully no shitty speakers in here. in fact, if there's anything im investing, is on decent hi-fi stuff.

sing blue silver

I'm really enjoying it. I've been an incubus fan since the science era but fell off after the shitstorm of light grenades. Maybe it's because I had such low expectations after the last one but I'm really digging it. They haven't been heavy for about 3 albums now so to expect that is just silly. I think this disc has a place in their catalogue and it works well. I like it.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 29, 2011, 02:25 AM

word, thankfully no shitty speakers in here. in fact, if there's anything im investing, is on decent hi-fi stuff.

that's a good investment, slacker. I'm currently using the sennheiser hd280 as headphones. I love how they are strong on the low-mids without exagerating a lot of bass frecuencies. Guitars and cymbals really benefit from this type of frecuency response. What are you currently blasting music on? how does it pays off? (i haven't had the oportuny to try a lot of stuff).

McFly

can somebody upload the cd?

mr.sinister

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 29, 2011, 05:37 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Apr 29, 2011, 02:25 AM

that's a good investment, slacker. I'm currently using the sennheiser hd280 as headphones. I love how they are strong on the low-mids without exagerating a lot of bass frecuencies. Guitars and cymbals really benefit from this type of frecuency response. What are you currently blasting music on? how does it pays off? (i haven't had the oportuny to try a lot of stuff).
If you think those are good invest in some Sennheiser HD595's, or 650's. Those will blow your brains out. Of course to get the full benefit from them you will need a decent headphone amplifier but they are totally worth it man.

theis

I got the Sony MDR-7506 headphones.

They are incredible.

bewareofrats

Nice choice.  They're supposed to be some of the nicest quality sound and loads of professionals use them.  Those are headphones I'd consider if getting new nice headphones but I am perfectly content with my Technics RP-DJ1200s.  One question: how is the bass on them?  I don't need loads of bass but I like some nice bass and dynamics.

This album isn't bad at all.  My expectations were extremely low after seeing all the comments on another forum I go to and this one but it's pretty nice.  Some parts are really bland and a couple songs are lame but other than that it's alright.  There are some standout moments.  Much better than the new Dredg album.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Slacker

wow i gotta say i kinda liked that you guys went off topic on this one.

in fact, im not shure if there's one (topic) for hifi in this forum...anyways, i just got my fiio e7 (dac + headphone amplifier) and everything is much better now. i was on the look for the nuforce udac2, but the portability of the e7 was IT for me. plus, now im trying to get the e9, to fulfill my proper desktop setup (at list for my headphones) not that i own lots of 'em but, the fiio runs my shure 750dj just fine. the 50mm drivers are so spot on man... great affordable phones for rock/metal fans.

im looking forward to get some ultrasone pro 750 in the near future, they seem to work very good for my likings. the sennheisers 595, and 650 are such landmarks, that i would be more than happy to get a hold on those. for in-ear, im aiming at some ue triple fi 10 or some hifiman re 262...as plan b, i might just skip any of those, and just save the bucks and go straight to the throat for the westone umx3...they seem to be the ultimate in-ears, for rock/metal fans. any feedback on any of this shit? does anybody knows if chino uses UE's? anyways...

i still wont listen to the album until a get a proper rip at list... though im looking forward for a lossless release, nowdays its pretty duable, at list on a decent timeframe...

wheresmysnare

Wow that adolescent song, moderate rock, so safe, neither indie or rock or metal, just sitting on the fence of all three. Honestly linkin park are more imaginative than incubus these days, at least they gave selling out a real shot