Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Just stumbled over this. A new song from Brandon Boyd (solo)

NEW SONG! 2010 - Incubus Brandon Boyd - Runaway Train HQ

theis

Okay, I guess I've been sleeping under a rock, but apparently Brandon Boyd is going to release a...solo album soon.

From his Facebook:

"Album is mixed! About to be mastered! Inching closer to a release date which will probably be sooner than later. I'm scared and excited."

"'The Wild Trapeze' is finished and coming very soon! Artwork all done and now working on a little music video. Sorry for my online absense; I get consumed by my joy of work. That, and I am not the most savvy social networker. More to come very soon! Thanks Lovers..."

I had no idea about this, but I'm definitely intrigued.

Thoughts on how this is gonna sound?

wheresmysnare

As Kurt once said: 'moderate rock'. I don't mind Incubus in flashes but they lack something, it's almost too polished, too familiar sounding, too pop?

Sushi-X

I'll agree the last two albums have had some good songs. But they have been lacking something for a while.

Rocket Skates '94

mr.sinister

As you said, "intrigued" is what I feel about this record. I am  anticipating it with high hopes. Brandon is a very talented songwriter so I hope this turns out great.

theis

New video from Boyd.

"Runaway Train".
Brandon Boyd - "Runaway Train" [ Official Videoclip ]

I dig it a lot.

mr.sinister

Whoa.

That was unbelievable. The song is fuckin awesome and the video, damn what word can I use? Gnarly. Can't wait for the album. When will it be released?

theis

His album will be released July 6th! I'm stoked as well.

theis

The more I listen to this song, the more I love it.

Can't wait to hear the album.

mr.sinister

Yeah dude, same here.

theis

mr.sinister

You rock man, thanks a lot.

defskull

Quote from: defskull on May 09, 2009, 01:25 PM
So I just found out that Incubus is one of those bands that you can go forever without hearing and then all of sudden be totally in love with them again.  Forever I've had no desire to listen to them but tonight I listened to all of their cds.  They're a pretty damn good band.

This has just happened again.

theis

Ha, I've gotten hooked on them again lately too.

SX King

Agree with you guys. My roomate bought Make Yourself a back in 08 and reintroduced me to them. Since then i've bought all their albums. I was just playing Echo on the guitar earlier today. I have to say i love this band.

theis

defTHE1s

good song, and nice reading, though i only read the middle of the next :P

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

theis

Deftones-argentina

I liked Venus mirror and the single maybe one or two more tunes. It seems to be a record to be absorbed little by little.

theis

I'm in love with this record. Listened to it four times today.

Favorite tracks so far: "The Wild Trapeze", "Here Comes Everyone", "Runaway Train" & "Courage and Control".

"Courage and Control" gave me chills. Beautiful song.