Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.sinister

I don't know why, but I am really digging Black Heart Inertia right now. It sounds guud. Got the digital download today in my mailbox and with higher quality it sounds ace.

theis

Oh man, could you upload the hq version? that'd be sweet.

mr.sinister

Zevaka

Incubus-Black_Heart_Inertia-Promo_CDS-2009-XXL

01 Black Heart Inertia (Radio Edit) 4:21
02 Black Heart Inertia (Album Version) 4:53

http://rapidshare.com/files/218730641/Incubus-Black_Heart_Inertia-Promo_CDS-2009-XXL.rar

theis

Slacker

Quote from: Zevaka on Apr 08, 2009, 04:27 AM
Incubus-Black_Heart_Inertia-Promo_CDS-2009-XXL

01 Black Heart Inertia (Radio Edit) 4:21
02 Black Heart Inertia (Album Version) 4:53

http://rapidshare.com/files/218730641/Incubus-Black_Heart_Inertia-Promo_CDS-2009-XXL.rar

thanks a lot

theis

deftonekid

haha yeah it's funny

defskull

So I just found out that Incubus is one of those bands that you can go forever without hearing and then all of sudden be totally in love with them again.  Forever I've had no desire to listen to them but tonight I listened to all of their cds.  They're a pretty damn good band.

theis

deftonekid

Quote from: defskull on May 09, 2009, 01:25 PM
So I just found out that Incubus is one of those bands that you can go forever without hearing and then all of sudden be totally in love with them again. 
yeah that happens

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

theis

What's everyone's favorite album lyrically?

Mine's definitely Make Yourself.

Songs like Privilege, When It Comes, Make Yourself, Pardon Me and Out From Under have some of my favorite lyrics ever.

mr.sinister

That's a really hard one. I would have to go with Make Yourself too though. Morning View also has really thoughtful and intelligent lyrics favorites include Under My Umbrella and Just A Phase. I just like the lyrical concept going on through all of Make Yourself. All the lyrics are trying to get the same message out but in a really artistic metaphorical way.

My favorite lyrics on Make Yourself is off the song, When It Comes. Crowded Elevator also has awesome lyrics.

"When it comes,
it comes unannounced.
And it feels like a matador is taunting me with his reddest red cloth and I am the bull.
Yes I feel emphatic about not being static
and not eating the bullshit that's being fed to me no more...
cause' now I'm full."

Fucking great writing there. Boyd is probably my favorite lyricist.

theis

Also, "It feels like trading brains with an imbecile". Haha, genius.

The chorus in When It Comes is so fucking immense. One of my favorite songs. And yeah, Morning View is also a close second for me.

SCIENCE also has great lyrics...very imaginative.

lithium

morning view is my favorite album, both lyrically and musically.

"i suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"

the whole album is perfection.
💩

mr.sinister

Haha yeah I love that line. And "immense" is the perfect word that describes the chorus.

Agreed with Lithium. LG is the weakest both musically and lyrically. the Crow album is quite good I might add. It has really dark lyrical matter.

theis

Quote from: lithium on May 14, 2009, 07:32 PM
morning view

the whole album is perfection.

Quote from: mr.sinister on May 14, 2009, 07:33 PM
LG is the weakest both musically and lyrically.

Agreed 100%.

Light Grenades still has some great songs though; Quicksand/A Kiss, Anna Molly, LG, Rogues, Pendulous Threads. But yeah, definitely their weakest album.

With that said, I can't wait for a new album.

lithium

Aqueous Transmission is stunning

i just picture him getting really high and writing and coming up with melodies..

i was super excited when i found out deftones rented out the morning view studio house.. too bad they didnt find that inspiration boyd and co. were able to churn out

💩

black coffee

My favorite has always been Make Yourself.
Morning View obviously has this great relaxed atmosphere and SCIENCE is so damn funky, but Make Yourself has this special feeling to it. it's well produced, it shows that these guys are brilliant musicians, and the songwriting is outstanding. one of my all-time favorites.