Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slacker

Quote from: Frequency_Chemist on Apr 15, 2011, 01:31 AM
Quote from: ChannelZer0 on Apr 15, 2011, 01:24 AM
Surface to air???

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it'll be a bonus track on itunes or a deluxe edition.

could be. i t didnt make the official cut.

great song that one.

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 16, 2011, 03:52 PM
Surface to air???

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it'll be a bonus track on itunes or a deluxe edition.

great song that one.

I agree, guess it just didn't fit the album. 

Slacker

Quote from: Frequency_Chemist on Apr 16, 2011, 07:49 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Apr 16, 2011, 03:52 PM
Surface to air???

great song that one.

I agree, guess it just didn't fit the album. 

that is quite plausible, though i would bet it has to be more about the mindset in wich they got when they went into recording, as i recall STA was made before all of this...anyways it will probably be release as a b-side.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: mr.sinister on Apr 14, 2011, 04:49 PM
Cool, they started pre-orders for those If Not Now, When? Also Brandon posted this up.

http://www.enjoyincubus.com/us/biography

And new picture too.

Good to see Mikey back with the PRS.

..and track listing.

Tracklisting:

1. If Not Now, When?
   2. Promises, Promises
   3. Friends And Lovers
   4. Thieves
   5. Isadore
   6. The Original
   7. Defiance
   8. In The Company Of Wolves
   9. Switchblade
   10. Adolescents
   11. Tomorrow's Food

dear brandon, chino wants his dress sense back

theis

Mike looks like a little science geek in the first pic. Goddamn, that's some ugly ass clothes.

Mike Clip #2 Describing feel of new album

"most in common with Morning View".

Hell yeah.

Mike Einziger talks about musical influences on new album

mAscArA81

I'm really happy they're back i'm excited about their new album!!

bright lights, big city

word around the intertubes is that this just leaked already...
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Holy shit...

SOMEONE FIND IT!!!

Edit: FOUND IT! http://depositfiles.com/en/files/u0nk2tjgt

theis

Just got done with the album.

On my first listen this could just as easily have been a follow up to Brandon's solo album. I never expected them to make a hard rock album again, but there's something wrong when Adolescents is the second most rocking song on the album.

Every song is slow, slow, sloooow.

It's been 5 years since Light Grenades, so my expectations were pretty damn big.

Utter disappointment.

elite54

yep, this album sucks, lyrics are awful as well. "i am lost, but now i am found." that is bad for brandon boyd. they must have rushed this after being away from each other for a long period of time.

theis

I wouldn't say it "sucks". It's just way too mellow.

Tracks that stood out on the first listen: If Not Now, When?, In the Company of Wolves and Switchblade.

poofing acid

I'm honestly not trying to troll here but why are bands soft now?  The new glassjaw is a musical pillow too.

Slacker

man i can say i saw this one coming (about the leak) but i cant say the same about the album itself...ill wait until a proper rip comes out.

Deftones-argentina

I had no expectations at all since I hated the new tunes on the greatest hits.
And I must say I enjoyed the ride this record gave me, this sleepy mood really fits them. This is a different Incubus, finally.

of course, like all of you guys I miss the heavy days, too.

elite54

i probably went overboard when i said it sucks. however, i did thing the middle to the end of wolves was pretty sweet. i like the glassjaw album, but agree it is very slow as well. bands are just mellowing out in their mid 30s i suppose.

bright lights, big city

In the Company of Wolves is my favorite by far. But overall, it does seem like they underachieved with this album.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I just got excited when Mike said that this album had most in common with Morning View.

Morning View is probably my favorite album from Incubus. It just gives me such a great vibe. That album is mellow too, but it has quite a lot of rocking songs too. I miss that whole era.

I probably need to give the new one some more listens. I'll wait for a better quality rip.

mr.sinister

Can someone re-up it please its been taken down...

EDIT: Thanks to sush-x in the "it leaked" thread.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/848104231/Incubus%20%20-%20If%20Not%20Now_%20When%20%282011%29.rar

White Wrist

i mean...the album is horrible. wtf happened?

theis

It's far from horrible.

After thinking about it, I've accepted the vibe they were going for with this album. Completely stripped down and chilled.

At least it's coherent and focused unlike Light Grenades.

I'm gonna delete the album now and give it a fresh listen when it comes out.