Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Yeah this Pantomime version rocks. I also LOVE Martini, While All the Vultures Feed and Let's Go Crazy.

defskull

Is that a studio recorded version of Let's Go Crazy?

theis

defskull

Officially jealous.  I don't want to fork over the money for a cd that's basically a mix of Incubus' singles with a few never before heard songs.  Kind of seems like a waste to me.

mr.sinister

But then you get access to the vault which is pretty cool if your a pretty hardcore Incubus fan.

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 19, 2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah this Pantomime version rocks. I also LOVE Martini, While All the Vultures Feed and Let's Go Crazy.
Do you like Anything? That song is awesome too. Did you know it was a b-side from Morning View?

deftonekid

Quote from: mr.sinister on Jun 20, 2009, 07:48 PM
But then you get access to the vault which is pretty cool if your a pretty hardcore Incubus fan.
I'm not paying to download mp3's from the internet so share 'em!!!

theis

Do you like Anything? That song is awesome too. Did you know it was a b-side from Morning View?

Yeah that one's great too. I didn't know it was from the Morning View era. Do you know what album Martini is a b-side from? I know that "Vultures" was written during A Crow Left...

mr.sinister

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 21, 2009, 10:23 AM

Yeah that one's great too. I didn't know it was from the Morning View era. Do you know what album Martini is a b-side from? I know that "Vultures" was written during A Crow Left...
It sounds like Ben is playing so my guess would definitely be the "Crow" era too. But to be totally honest with you, I don't know for sure. Martini is an awesome song though.

There are like four or three other b-sides from the Morning View era. I hope they post them on the vault.

theis

For those lucky fucks living in LA:

Incubus Announce Surprise show TONIGHT! - Incubus are playing a gig tonight in Los Angeles at the Echoplex which is located at 1822 Sunset Blvd. Tickets for the show are $20 cash and are only available at the venue box office. To avoid disruption to the local businesses during the day no lineups will be allowed before 5P. Doors open at 7P and the show will start around 10P.

theis

incubus feat. questlove from 'the roots' live at jimmy fallon.

"let's go crazy (prince cover)"
[youtube=425,350]s05cBb3OyBM[/youtube]

awesome.

deftonekid

I think it is: Incubus Ft. The Roots...

BTW I'm so fucking jealous about Jose's cap collection

Deftones-argentina

So anyone saw what about that vault, had anything truly special in it?

mr.sinister

Its pretty  cool actually. They are still adding stuff to it.

defskull

Did Incubus officially go off of hiatus?  Are they writing new material?  I'm wanting to enjoy some new Incubus.

theis

Quote from: defskull on Sep 19, 2009, 11:43 PM
Did Incubus officially go off of hiatus?  Are they writing new material?  I'm wanting to enjoy some new Incubus.

Yup!

Quote from Boyd on July 1, 2009, Boyd stated to North County Times:

"We are definitely going to be writing ... in hopes of putting out a record sometime in 2010. That's the hope. We can never force anything. I definitely have the suspicion that we're going to get on the road together this summer, and we're just going to start playing and stuff is going to start brewing, and we're going to light that fire again."

theis

Brandon and Ben accepting 'Keepers of the Coast' award

Oct. 9 2009
Brandon and Ben were on hand to accept the "Keepers of the Coast" award from the Surfrider Foundation's Awards ceremony this past weekend. Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 was the host.

Special appearances came from Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro under the band moniker "Camp Freddy." They busted out some old school Jane's Addiction tunes and the crowd ate it up!

Awards were also handed out to Pearl Jam (the band wasn't able to attend) and David Chokachi.

The award ceremony/party was held at the CA Science Center's Wallis Annenberg Building; a very spacious, modern room consisting mostly of steel construction and trees growing inside.

http://www.makeyourselffoundation.org/profiles/blogs/brandon-and-ben-accepting

Very cool.

defskull

You know what would be cooler?  A new album.  This band, at it's best, is phenomenal.  Unfortunately the last couple of albums have been disappointments.  They need to come back and prove to me they've still got it.

theis

mr.sinister

Cool. Wow Boyd is showing some wrinkles there :o Thats new to me.

The new record should be out next year for sure. Incubus never disappoints imo, but LG is my least favorite album from them.

theis

Yeah he's definitely looking significantly older.