Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Pill

' Do you think Moreno is blatantly ripping off Ritualz and more broadly attempting to capitalize on the underground, emerging witch-house genre'

Inkblades

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Jan 26, 2017, 01:35 AM
Quote from: Red Pill on Dec 30, 2016, 12:28 AM
Hmm!!!
Ritualz (†‡†) Accuses Chino Moreno of Ripping Him Off (via Crosses †††)
http://livingears.com/2011/07/ritualz-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A1%E2%80%A0-accuses-chino-moreno-of-ripping-him-off-via-crosses-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0/
I don't think anyone could've said it any better than this guy :

Lmao, that was me tho. That shit pissed me off because he was trying to start a beef with Chino solely to gain buzz for himself. Pretty pathetic.

Anyway, history has venerated Crosses. Witch House is now a laughing stock flash in the pan fad and literally no one is checking for the music of Ritualz.

Red Pill

Lame argument! If you knew anything about "witch house" you would know ritualz aka †‡† is a major player and producer with thousands of fans."Underground Scene"  The question is: ' Do you think Moreno is blatantly ripping off Ritualz and more broadly attempting to capitalize on the underground, emerging witch-house genre'

DeftonesNZ

nah I seriously doubt it, cross imagery has been used by tons of people no one is really original with it and capitalizing on an underground scene seems like a waste of time witch-house isn't big,Ritualz himself has less than 3000 twitter followers so its seems unlikely they would look at his branding and try to imitate it,especially since they've already got the whole "Singer from Deftones" thing that gets them tons of press, basically most people don't even know witch-house is a thing so why would you try launch your band off the back of such a niche genre?

Inkblades

Quote from: Red Pill on Jan 26, 2017, 03:44 PM
Lame argument! If you knew anything about "witch house" you would know ritualz aka †‡† is a major player and producer with thousands of fans."Underground Scene"  The question is: ' Do you think Moreno is blatantly ripping off Ritualz and more broadly attempting to capitalize on the underground, emerging witch-house genre'

*fart*

Red Pill

There is many reasons, one of them... Especially since they've already got the whole "Singer from Deftones" the witch house is a emerging scene...Crosses often being credited as the band that pioneered the genre...

DeftonesNZ

not really it gained popularity but not at any great rate in relation to other genres, never heard anyone say Crosses pioneered the genre i remember when crosses first came about they got a bit of press but only 1 or 2 articles even mentioned witch-house and the ones that did said it wasn't really witch-house. basically i don't think witch-house was ever as popular or impactful as you're making out,hardly anyone has even heard the term and those who have wouldn't really class Crosses as witch-house.

Red Pill

Dude are you slow! It's an underground movement! Of course, it's not a big thing!

Inkblades

No, you're the one who is slow. Literally. You're about five and a half years late on this discussion. No one here gives a flying fuck about dumb ass Witch House.

The Prodigy

Quote from: Inkblades on Jan 26, 2017, 07:44 AM
Quote from: BewareTheWater on Jan 26, 2017, 01:35 AM
Quote from: Red Pill on Dec 30, 2016, 12:28 AM
Hmm!!!
Ritualz (†‡†) Accuses Chino Moreno of Ripping Him Off (via Crosses †††)
http://livingears.com/2011/07/ritualz-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A1%E2%80%A0-accuses-chino-moreno-of-ripping-him-off-via-crosses-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0/
I don't think anyone could've said it any better than this guy :

Lmao, that was me tho. That shit pissed me off because he was trying to start a beef with Chino solely to gain buzz for himself. Pretty pathetic.

Anyway, history has venerated Crosses. Witch House is now a laughing stock flash in the pan fad and literally no one is checking for the music of Ritualz.

You're a retard!

Inkblades

Lol, awww, seems like somebody has some sand in his vagina. Why? Because I called a five year old music fad and some no-named internet producer that no one cares about for exactly what they are, which is irrelevant? Whoop dee fuckin' do. Go cry some buckets for that hipster garbage and then get over it, doofus.

The Prodigy

Inkblades

Fuck off and go back to sucking Eminem's dick.

BewareTheWater

Inkblades, your signature couldn't be any more fitting for this situation than it is now. Lmao.

Inkblades

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Jan 29, 2017, 01:05 AM
Inkblades, your signature couldn't be any more fitting for this situation than it is now. Lmao.

Lol...that quote is probably the funniest thing anyone has ever said on this board.

O

I remember having read this comment! Lmfao

lostpilot

so guys, I am totally late to the party but the 2014 album is pretty amazing. It's funny how I've always known Crosses was a thing, I've heard a couple of the songs and was like - yeah Chino thanks but I have better things to do. Turns out couple of years later I have no better things to do, so the album just entered my life and blown it into pieces.

Particular favorites - Thholyghst, Frontiers, Option and the realllllyyyy beautiful Blk Stallion.

Inkblades