Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino on Radio 1 NOW. They're playing Diamond Eyes now

Started by nineteenpeoplesnames, Mar 15, 2010, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesfan192

Does anyone know if this upload is in stereo it sounds good like...

bangbang240

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 15, 2010, 11:01 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
Best comment ever.

Thanks (if it wasn't sarcastic lol). But the last time I brought this up here when SNW came out, everybody responded to me like I was a complete idiot and asshole. I mean if you're a real fan and listen to their shit as much as I do, you would notice the loss of their signature "sound" immediately after hearing anything from SNW and on...it's so obvious and what made them unique to me.

And I think they could have kept that up without repeating old shit that was already done. That guitar sound went sooo far with those albums..every song sounded different even with that same sound. So perfect...

I think the different sound mainly comes from not having Terry Date on SNW and DE.. The produce and the engineers he uses have a huge affect on the final sound of the album. The use of 7 and 8 stringed guitars makes a huge difference as well.

Far away

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 15, 2010, 08:06 PM
The one thing I'm not liking and expected is the lack of that "classic" Deftones guitar sound that this and SNW both lack. All 4 of the first albums have that signature Tones guitar sound in every single song basically (I hope you know what I mean if you're a fan!). But this def is still leaving that classic sound out! :(

i totally understand and agree with you
i liked the song.. at least so far..

Hidalgo

deftonesfan192

Yea I mentioned the tuning of his guitar being one too many maybe next record he will hit the nail on the head... I mean how many more strings does he want to have??? He cant go on much more.... which brings up the question how long do you think 'tones will last (horrible I know)

FeetLikeFins

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 15, 2010, 11:01 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
Best comment ever.

Thanks (if it wasn't sarcastic lol). But the last time I brought this up here when SNW came out, everybody responded to me like I was a complete idiot and asshole. I mean if you're a real fan and listen to their shit as much as I do, you would notice the loss of their signature "sound" immediately after hearing anything from SNW and on...it's so obvious and what made them unique to me.

And I think they could have kept that up without repeating old shit that was already done. That guitar sound went sooo far with those albums..every song sounded different even with that same sound. So perfect...

I agree with this.

Caín

the chorus is great - reminds me of incubus classics.

Vesanic

m1nusblindfoLd

Thanks for the agreements guys..at least some fans know what the hell I'm talking about lol. I miss ma band!

theis

Caín

damn, the last 20 seconds really sound like britney spears. don't know if i can take it.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 15, 2010, 10:54 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 15, 2010, 10:50 PM
you have that signature Deftones guitar. What did Steph do to it that it changed so much??
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THAT SOUND? ? ? ?

8 string + new producer?
that !..
and its a good thing

come on people, its a good,sweet,beautiful song
its a deftones classic..

dont be a crying baby ass.......especially you ves
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

underneaththecar

Sounds really good so far.....I'm soo hyped and yes God Of War 3 2nite with new 'tones and some nuggs is gonna rule.

Vesanic

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 16, 2010, 12:02 AM

Dude, shut the fuck up. Excuse me if I dig their old sound more.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 16, 2010, 12:05 AM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 16, 2010, 12:02 AM

Dude, shut the fuck up. Excuse me if I dig their old sound more.
then change your fuckin old taste music you little old head, BE FUTURISTIC (and a little bit dynamic)

anyone attend to the back vocals (which makes the song interesting and soft) ?
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Corleone

Vesanic

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 16, 2010, 12:09 AM
then change your fuckin old taste music you little old head, BE FUTURISTIC (and a little bit dynamic)

Dude, each time I heard a new Deftones record I was totally okay with their changes because it still sounded like Deftones. I'm okay with any band evolution as long as they keep their true art.

But that fucking chorus does NOT sound like the fucking Deftones.

Hidalgo

i really like the chorus. catchy is fine as long as it's good, and this is an excellent tune

Corleone

Deft_16_Ones

Quote from: Caín on Mar 15, 2010, 11:43 PM
the chorus is great - reminds me of incubus classics.

Incubus has classic songs really? LOL

Ok Here is my take on this song, is too repetitive, lacks the energy of opening songs such as Hexagram,MOS and Bored. The chorus is whiny and horrible.
Musically sounds pretty good especially the ending. I Hope I dont get flame now.