Chino on Radio 1 NOW. They're playing Diamond Eyes now

Started by nineteenpeoplesnames, Mar 15, 2010, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 03:39 AM
Quote from: stapezee on Mar 16, 2010, 03:36 AM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Mar 16, 2010, 03:32 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 03:30 AM
sounds like Chnio to me, the whole song. just him using melodies we aren't used to from him. he did great on this song, he's the mvp of the track for sure

yes, BUT can he do it live??? haha.. remember HITE? they stopped playing that live right? for obvious reasons..

I honestly think he'll be able to pull this off live.  The chorus isn't that tough to sing + he's in much better shape.  I'd like to see him play Hole in The Earth again now.  I bet it would be little bit better. 
yea, i think he'd do better at HITE now too. how much better? dunno

agreed. i'm sure he can play it live, i was just sayin.. but you're right they did practice all this shit live unlike SNW so yeah i'm sure he can do it.. if he can't hit all of the notes, then i'm sure he's already practiced a different way of singing it to compensate, ya know? like many songs they do you can tell chino has a set way he'll sing a specific song, if he doesn't think he'll get all the notes, i'm sure this is no different...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Felipe

loved the song, some wishper on the vocals really cool
i tink this new album is going to be fucking good!

sing blue silver

rocket skates>diamond eyes but that doesn't mean i'm not enjoying the fuck out of it.

FeetLikeFins

sounds like Chnio to me, the whole song. just him using melodies we aren't used to from him. he did great on this song, he's the mvp of the track for sure

yes, BUT can he do it live??? haha.. remember HITE? they stopped playing that live right? for obvious reasons..

There aren't any high notes in this song.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Is there a link to a download of the interview?? I can't find it in this thread. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

pepis

ive been lurking here for ages and havent posted much since i registered, here is what i think of DE:

the verse is genius. perfect combination of chinos mellow vocals with stephs brutal riff. i dont see how its different from what we have heard in the past albums. chino almost always uses the same harmonies in his verses, this one is so different its exciting. i remember when i first listened to S/T i had to let it grow on me cause all the vocal melodies of the verses sounded the same in the first listen. this verse keeps you interested in the song the first time you listen.

the chorus is exactly what chino was saying in an interview .... theres lots of soundscaping. frank adding a lot to it and the tempo of the chorus is what i think chino was referring to. its catchy, very catchy, and in no way is that a bad thing.

the last part is brutal, it lets you know these motherfuckers are back.

i dont get what people are expecting from steph really. we all know hes not a shredder, he likes to sound big, make sick  simple riffs. this song does it. one fucking note at the end with a small arrangement. bqad has 4 notes in the entire song apart from the breakdown, and its a classic, engine no9 has a very very simple riff, etc. steph is not very elaborate, he doesnt need to be.

im very excited about the album and expect more songs like this one

kameron632

Diamond Eyes > Rocket Skates

I think its cuz i over played rocket skates
DE is just so mind blowing! The chorus is so mellow, the verses are outta here! The ending.....AHHHHH!

Hidalgo

got GOD OF WAR 3 :)

and diamond eyes both in the same 6 hours, sweet

luisch

Quote from: pepis on Mar 16, 2010, 04:10 AM
ive been lurking here for ages and havent posted much since i registered, here is what i think of DE:

the verse is genius. perfect combination of chinos mellow vocals with stephs brutal riff. i dont see how its different from what we have heard in the past albums. chino almost always uses the same harmonies in his verses, this one is so different its exciting. i remember when i first listened to S/T i had to let it grow on me cause all the vocal melodies of the verses sounded the same in the first listen. this verse keeps you interested in the song the first time you listen.

the chorus is exactly what chino was saying in an interview .... theres lots of soundscaping. frank adding a lot to it and the tempo of the chorus is what i think chino was referring to. its catchy, very catchy, and in no way is that a bad thing.

the last part is brutal, it lets you know these motherfuckers are back.

i dont get what people are expecting from steph really. we all know hes not a shredder, he likes to sound big, make sick  simple riffs. this song does it. one fucking note at the end with a small arrangement. bqad has 4 notes in the entire song apart from the breakdown, and its a classic, engine no9 has a very very simple riff, etc. steph is not very elaborate, he doesnt need to be.

im very excited about the album and expect more songs like this one

Totally Indeed

But, Steph do much things, dont do solos, but do magnificent breakdowns
dont subestimate him, the guitars for WGTB, Bloody Cape, Street Carp, Change, all the songs have great and big part of guitar of Steph
If you wanna hear another thing in the guitar, a prodigious guitar, or deftones sound like Black Dahlia Murder or Suicide Silence or another shit, dont search in this band, you are wrong, for the past coments
Deftones sounds like deftones, no more, simple
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

jujuslim

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 04:17 AM
got GOD OF WAR 3 :)

and diamond eyes both in the same 6 hours, sweet
How is GOW3? I'm getting mine 2morrow.  Its a good time to be alive!!

Hidalgo

Sushi-X

late to the party but oh man this fucking track is awesome!!  cannot wait for a better quality next week  ;D

Rocket Skates '94

pixElsblUr

Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 16, 2010, 03:53 AM
rocket skates>diamond eyes but that doesn't mean i'm not enjoying the fuck out of it.

iceache

I cant wait to hear an album version MP3 of this without the online streaming compressed quality sound.. this song's gonna sound pretty awesome.

E-Money

Quote from: iceache on Mar 16, 2010, 06:28 AM
I cant wait to hear an album version MP3 of this without the online streaming compressed quality sound.. this song's gonna sound pretty awesome.

yea the studio version is going to sound so huge. 

pinkmaggit69

Drinks won't stain this birth!

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: pepis on Mar 16, 2010, 04:10 AM
i dont get what people are expecting from steph really. we all know hes not a shredder, he likes to sound big, make sick  simple riffs. this song does it.
Quote from: luisch on Mar 16, 2010, 04:19 AM
If you wanna hear another thing in the guitar, a prodigious guitar, or deftones sound like Black Dahlia Murder or Suicide Silence or another shit, dont search in this band, you are wrong

+1

and just before the breakdown at the end around 2:35 , u can totally say they stole that sound/effect sound from portishead...
the first couple of seconds of it:
Humming - Portishead

Penicks

HitE was played a lot past summer.

Deftones - Live Hole in the Earth at Pukkelpop Festival, Belgium 20 08 2009

Shadow46/2

Loving the song. It just feels so fresh!

One thing I will say is I hope we hear some cool effects on the guitar in some of these songs. Songs like Digital Bath and Knife Prty have those sweet effects on the chords that just make em such classics for me.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

E-Money

I love how the chorus repeats itself at 1:17.  Fucking Brilliant.  Its even better stoned  ::)