Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino on Radio 1 NOW. They're playing Diamond Eyes now

Started by nineteenpeoplesnames, Mar 15, 2010, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

Quote from: gui on Mar 16, 2010, 01:22 AM
I don't understand people telling Diamond eyes doesnt sound like deftones.  If we were talking about Pink cellphones, or teenager when it first came out, yeah ok...they were way more different than what they did before...but that song is pure deftones.

i don't understand how this chorus is that much different than, exemple, the minerva one... and how much different the riff from Rockets skate is from the one on Headup or even Engine no9. I don't get the classic deftones guitar signature thing. I even think the diamond eyes riff sound a lot like the one on When girls telephone boys. it's almost the same freakin riff lol.
agreed, this chorus is different, but not that far from minerva, or knife prty. it's deftones for sure, but new is a good way

Slacker

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 15, 2010, 10:38 PM
Quote from: iceache on Mar 15, 2010, 08:45 PM
To the edge
till we all get off
I will take you away with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
diamonds rain across the sky
shower me into the same
realm

calculate, all embrace, hold on
come with me now
right away, all expense with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
diamonds ring across the sky
shower me into the same
realm

time will see us realign
I will lead us into the same
realm

When the coffin shakes
and the needle breaks
come run away with me
come on you'll see
once and for all

time will see us realign
shower me into the same
realm

Time will lead us to the same realm
I will lead us to the same realm

fixed

to the edge
till we all, get off

i will take, you away, with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
diamonds reign across the sky
shower me into the same
realm

(come with me now)
right away, all expense, with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
shower me into the same
realm

time will see us realign
i will lead us to the same
realm

when the coffin shakes
and the needle breaks
come
run away with me, come on you'll see
once and for all

time will see us realign
shower me into the same
realm

time will lead us to the same
realm
realm

to the edge
till we all, get off

i will take, you away, with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
shower me into the same
realm

(come with me now)
right away, all expense, with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
shower me into the same
realm

time will see us realign
realm

when the coffin shakes
and the needle breaks
come
run away with me, come on you'll see
once and for all

time will see us realign
shower me into the same
realm

time will lead us to the same
realm
realm

im still not that convinced that in the second verse the words are all embrace/all expense, i could bet for "i'll", the rest is pretty much nailed, good work yall.

this song is so hot that it makes me wanna masturbate in epic fashion

underneaththecar

I think he says all expands instead of expense on second verse (maybe its just me tho)..........damn maybe it is expense..time go grab my headphones

Hidalgo

underneaththecar

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 01:48 AM
i must go on a god of war 3 outing here soon
yeah me too...,gunna be epic as all hell.

Saturday Night Whiskey999

Quote from: underneaththecar on Mar 16, 2010, 01:50 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 01:48 AM
i must go on a god of war 3 outing here soon
yeah me too...,gunna be epic as all hell.

Yes, awesome. People say that the final game is way better (off course) that e3 demo. I still have to finish Heavy Rain, though.

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 16, 2010, 12:27 AM

WAV

Megaupload
Mediadire

MP3

Megaupload
Mediafire

thanks again, man.
And the song is awesome, I hope deftones will get all the hype.

iceache

i'm almost 100% positive its Diamonds Ring. Headphones reassured that assumption.

I'm not sure if he says I will take you away with me.. the way he says the word "away" doesn't sound like away at all.

Hidalgo

this song is awesome. we're missing like 13 secs though

TheQuietDoom46

fuck its growing on me already big time. Love this song!!

E-Money

I can definitely see why some of you guys dont like it that much, but this is exactly the sound I've been dying to hear.  Im all for the more melodic chorus.  And Im finally glad to see Frank all over the place.  He adds a completely different dimension. 

New_Failure

Smoking a bowl. About to listen to Diamond Eyes for the first time. Super stoked.
I blued myself - Tobias Fumke

iceache

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 02:20 AM

Yep yep, it's probably not much, but it'd be good to know what the other 13 seconds are :p

Bergerac

Quote from: stapezee on Mar 15, 2010, 09:57 PM
Quote from: Bergerac on Mar 15, 2010, 09:42 PM
What the fuck is it with all the great bands turning to poppy choruses to fit in with fucking Lost Prophets and shit?

go away

You've heard Deathblow. This band can come up with pretty, intricate melodies without having to resort to accessibility.

E-Money

Quote from: iceache on Mar 16, 2010, 02:26 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 02:20 AM

Yep yep, it's probably not much, but it'd be good to know what the other 13 seconds are :p

im guessing the intro.  there might be a couple of seconds of silence before the song starts or maybe a little electron intro that we didn't get to hear from the radio rip??  

Hidalgo

Quote from: Bergerac on Mar 16, 2010, 02:28 AM
What the fuck is it with all the great bands turning to poppy choruses to fit in with fucking Lost Prophets and shit?

go away

You've heard Deathblow. This band can come up with pretty, intricate melodies without having to resort to accessibility.
there's nothing wrong with accessibility if the song is good. this song is good

New_Failure

The song has a sick groove. That ending is ridiculous. This album is going to sound sick in the summer with the windows rolled down and the volume cranked
I blued myself - Tobias Fumke

E-Money

Quote from: Bergerac on Mar 16, 2010, 02:28 AM

go away

please listen to the last minute of the song and come back to me and tell me its poppy.  are u kidding me dude?  just because the song has a melodic chorus does not mean the deftones have turned into Lost Prophets.  cmon man.... and have u not heard Rocket Skates? rx queen or street carp sound much more "poppy" to me and those songs aren't pop.  I personally think the breakdown is too heavy for radio play.  

Hidalgo

the chorus isn't far from minerva or APC choruses, it's reall good. don't worry, this won't get much airplay, it's not crap so they won't play it

Dienekes

Okay, this is what I thought after listening to the 30 second clip;

Diamond Eyes is purely grounded in the now from what I heard. It just doesn't have that timeless deftones vibe/sound. Hey, if you are a big Tool fan you gotta be loving it! Deftones pave the way and do thier own thing and have thier own sound. I just don't hear it in this. SNW material sounds way stronger than DE.

Gotta say, the whole track did not change my opinion.

Pluses are the rocking guitar, frank's work and the break with the yelps and coffin lyric.

Minuses are the SHITTY chorus that sounds nothing like chino and way to much like every shit band on the radio. Ruins the song for me.

Oh, and to all you fucked who told me song length does not matter... FUCK OFF! You can't tell me an extra minute would not have helped this song a SHITLOAD! As it is it sounds way too jammed together with no payoff. Don't you guys know it is better to spend a little time in the pussy rather than blowing your load as soon as your dick touches it?

Oh well they are 1 for 2 with me so far... I got a feeling this a track made for the label. I give them the benefit of the doubt. Put a radio track out, they deserve some airplay and sales. Just make the rest of the record for your fans.

Hidalgo