Chino on Radio 1 NOW. They're playing Diamond Eyes now

Started by nineteenpeoplesnames, Mar 15, 2010, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Vesanic

Sushi-X

So which one is the better quality the blog or the remastered one?

Rocket Skates '94

bangbang240

E
Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 16, 2010, 06:16 PM
Quote from: iceache on Mar 16, 2010, 06:12 PM
Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 16, 2010, 06:04 PM
better quality of Diamond Eyes (i think)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kjzhmqg22et

Where did you find that link?

That one's a lot clearer than the blog version posted.

i remastered it my self with an audio clip from mediaportal.ru

This sounds way more massive then the first couple rips.. what did you use on it?

E-Money

Quote from: Slacker on Mar 16, 2010, 05:17 PM
theres no question that the 8 strings came out amazingly rich, though is not a matter of how many strings they are, as much as how good you can profit from them, with a good setup/tone.

i fell in love with the song in the second i started hearing it (30 sec clip), this song was instantaneous for me, and i love when that happens. so you knew that the full song would be something. a gotta admit that when i heard that you would have a heavy outro, i was picturing a fatass polyrithmic riffing (melanie style riffing) but is just loved the straightforwardness of the main riff (im your bitch steph, and i always will)

overall, i still remember that awesome feeling, when i hear a new deftones song that im diggin it. that fatass smile that slowly feel drawing in my mouth with each new vocal and rhythm that comes out. with deftones it has always being more like a realisation, than a instant methodically dissection of the composition, althought that inevitably happens later.

i loving every bit of this.

Slacker I feel the EXACT same way man.  I couldn't be happier!  There's a big ass smile on my face.   :D

Slacker

Quote from: MxKnife on Mar 16, 2010, 06:53 PM
So which one is the better quality the blog or the remastered one?

remastered
Quote from: stapezee on Mar 16, 2010, 06:55 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Mar 16, 2010, 05:17 PM
theres no question that the 8 strings came out amazingly rich, though is not a matter of how many strings they are, as much as how good you can profit from them, with a good setup/tone.

i fell in love with the song in the second i started hearing it (30 sec clip), this song was instantaneous for me, and i love when that happens. so you knew that the full song would be something. a gotta admit that when i heard that you would have a heavy outro, i was picturing a fatass polyrithmic riffing (melanie style riffing) but is just loved the straightforwardness of the main riff (im your bitch steph, and i always will)

overall, i still remember that awesome feeling, when i hear a new deftones song that im diggin it. that fatass smile that slowly feel drawing in my mouth with each new vocal and rhythm that comes out. with deftones it has always being more like a realisation, than a instant methodically dissection of the composition, althought that inevitably happens later.

i loving every bit of this.

Slacker I feel the EXACT same way man.  I couldn't be happier!  There's a big ass smile on my face.   :D

you got it bro  ;)

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 16, 2010, 06:36 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 16, 2010, 06:30 PM
i think the best quality is the youtube version...

:o

yeah the riff sounds awesome in the promo clip, not the fan rip though.

pony_01

Quote from: bangbang240 on Mar 16, 2010, 06:54 PM
E

This sounds way more massive then the first couple rips.. what did you use on it?

dont be surprised
i use cool edit pro 2.0 for that remastered thing :D

bangbang240

Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 16, 2010, 07:04 PM
Quote from: bangbang240 on Mar 16, 2010, 06:54 PM
E

dont be surprised
i use cool edit pro 2.0 for that remastered thing :D

I'm actually a sound engineer with a full pro tools studio.. I was just curious what tools you used. If you got that sound out of the blog rip I am guessing you used some sort of stereo maximizer and multi-band compressor.. unless you had a different source file..

Jacob

I think this is the first time I'm a bit annoyed by Chino's vocals on a recorded song (not counting live shows where he's plain sucked), and I actually think it's the biggest problem with this song. it's what makes it sound so plain - he barely has any dynamic in his vocals on this one.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Slacker

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 16, 2010, 07:09 PM
I think this is the first time I'm a bit annoyed by Chino's vocals on a recorded song (not counting live shows where he's plain sucked), and I actually think it's the biggest problem with this song. it's what makes it sound so plain - he barely has any dynamic in his vocals on this one.

the funny thing is that i love his timbre on this one.

frequency, harmonics, and overtones...everything is working perfectly to my ears.

Martin

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Slacker on Mar 16, 2010, 07:26 PM

the funny thing is that i love his timbre on this one.

frequency, harmonics, and overtones...everything is working perfectly to my ears.
agreed
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

deftoolsys07

can someone rip the youtube version with the intro??

Deftones-Diamond Eyes
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

alio die

the song has no flow. there is no reason for it to be only 3 minutes long. fuck warner bros. ... anyone else getting a glassjaw vibe from the 3rd verse(when the needle breaks)?

deftoolsys07

how many of y'all think we'll get an extended bridge and outro live?

FeetLikeFins

Quote from: alio die on Mar 17, 2010, 12:37 AM
anyone else get a glassjaw vibe from the 3rd verse(when the needle breaks)?

Yeah, it's been noticed by a few peoples.  A few GHEY peoples.

That's not true.  

Sorry.  I'm just bored again.

Dienekes

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Mar 17, 2010, 12:09 AM
can someone rip the youtube version with the intro??

Deftones-Diamond Eyes

So wait, the YouTube is the full 3:15? I have the one that somebody on here tweaked. The sound quality is pretty good. If there is a full version I second the motion to rip, or give me a link of I missed it.

As an aside I am not real savvy with sound quality, I recently upgraded my iPod collection of Deftones from I think the base apple mp3 which is 256 kbs to 320 kbs. Was this a good move. When I listened to change today in the car on cd it was so nice to hear the bass riff in it's glory! How can I get that sound out of an iPod? I am using the rock equalizer and have boosted the volume on lall my track to 100%.

Does anyone have suggestions or pointers as to how to get better sound. And yes, I know I need to get new headphones already :)

IN WAVES

I love the song. I give a damn if it sounds commercial to some of you. If it helps them sell records, I'm down for it. I want these guys living well, considering all the great music they've given me throughout my life. :)   
Plus, Chi has medical bills. I'm sure they'll help him out somehow.

deftoolsys07

HERE IS THE FULLLLLL VERSION OF DIAMOND EYES:

http://player.play.it/player/aolPlayer.html?v=5.0.15&ur=1&us=1&id=33328 

i had to skip through a few songs to get to it, but it has the full intro ; it's only like 3 or 4 seconds longer than the one on youtube i just posted... sorry if it's been posted, i am too lazy to sit here and read through 20 pages to find one link

samson simpson

after hearing this song
I can with full confidence say that this album will be the culmination of everything the Deftones have ever done musically
it may sound simple but its not