Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino on Radio 1 NOW. They're playing Diamond Eyes now

Started by nineteenpeoplesnames, Mar 15, 2010, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteenpeoplesnames

I have just listened to it again after some sleep and I must say it's really cool and I'm digging it loads more now than when I first heard it.

I can understand why some folks don't like it though. It's quite stripped down as a song, very simple yet there's a lot of atmospherics going on. It's kinda like one of those songs you go back to and keep hearing new things over time.

There's definitely a SNW thing going on by way of "something is not quite right and I can't put my finger on it" - It doesn't ruin it at all just 'something' is different.
I'm glad of this though because that's how I feel with every new Deftones album. If that went, I'd be a bit worried...

rock_n_frost

back vocals and back guitars are awesome

they play chorous part 5 times in a 3:00 lenght song, thats the negative thing
thats why some poeple get annoyed

but the song is good...very very good
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Moz

deftones86

cEvin Key

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 16, 2010, 09:29 AM
back vocals and back guitars are awesome

they play chorous part 5 times in a 3:00 lenght song, thats the negative thing
thats why some poeple get annoyed

but the song is good...very very good

yeah...thats the thing...and the verses and brekdown are too small.the song should have been lengthier.

lahemi

Fuck, I hate it when I listen to a song from that I don't know the lyrics. I tend to replace some words that are obvious, to something I want to hear, like "guns, razors, knifes" to "god, reason, why". Now I can't listen to Rocket Skates without hearing that. But anyway, for RS we know the lyrics, for DE not, so there's actually a chance it could be right, so here is the thing I hear at DE:

calculate, i'll embrace, hold on
come with me now
right away, out of space with me
once and for all

You know, I see the lyrics as something about the whole Chi situation, and (at least in my head) it's actually not that far fetched to use "out of space" for the state he was in (coma). So yeah, just tell me what you're thinking of it. :)

333tone

I guess what most people don't like about this song (except for the chorus, which kinda sucks), is the contrast between the heavy riffing and the vocals. Good thing is, they seem to have been working a lot on their song structures this time.

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: 333tone on Mar 16, 2010, 12:33 PM
I guess what most people don't like about this song (except for the chorus, which kinda sucks), is the contrast between the heavy riffing and the vocals. Good thing is, they seem to have been working a lot on their song structures this time.
thats another point

Far away

Quote from: deftones86 on Mar 16, 2010, 10:53 AM
Man that 8-string sounds nasty at the end.

yeah i was thinking the same thing the first time i heard the song..
its really massive..

pixElsblUr

Quote from: stapezee on Mar 16, 2010, 07:17 AM
I love how the chorus repeats itself at 1:17.  Fucking Brilliant.  Its even better stoned  ::) 

hahahaha

Slacker

theres no question that the 8 strings came out amazingly rich, though is not a matter of how many strings they are, as much as how good you can profit from them, with a good setup/tone.

i fell in love with the song in the second i started hearing it (30 sec clip), this song was instantaneous for me, and i love when that happens. so you knew that the full song would be something. a gotta admit that when i heard that you would have a heavy outro, i was picturing a fatass polyrithmic riffing (melanie style riffing) but is just loved the straightforwardness of the main riff (im your bitch steph, and i always will)

overall, i still remember that awesome feeling, when i hear a new deftones song that im diggin it. that fatass smile that slowly feel drawing in my mouth with each new vocal and rhythm that comes out. with deftones it has always being more like a realisation, than a instant methodically dissection of the composition, althought that inevitably happens later.

i loving every bit of this.

beaverwithfishyshoes

what im getting while they wrote this is 'wait, this song is so soft and catchy, we need to keep our rep... hummm ... steph, why dont you pull out your 8string and just throw some random heavy riff in their so people be like .. wow they still hardcore' 

pony_01

iceache

Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 16, 2010, 06:04 PM
better quality of Diamond Eyes (i think)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kjzhmqg22et

Where did you find that link?

That one's a lot clearer than the blog version posted.

pony_01

Quote from: iceache on Mar 16, 2010, 06:12 PM

i remastered it my self with an audio clip from mediaportal.ru

snw9

Diamond eyes is a good song but i feel like steph could have added more to the track like near the end
Code: [Select]

Slacker

Quote from: juvenile on Mar 16, 2010, 06:21 PM
Diamond eyes is a good song but i feel like steph could have added more to the track like near the end

i disagree, but i think you could have a solid outro live, cause i can clearly picture chino screaming his balls of all over that outro. bloody cape fashion if you know what i mean.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 16, 2010, 06:16 PM
Quote from: iceache on Mar 16, 2010, 06:12 PM

i remastered it my self with an audio clip from mediaportal.ru

i think the best quality is the youtube version...

m1nusblindfoLd

Damn can you get this version but with the intro in it? That would be perfect..