Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: nineteen on May 09, 2010, 11:46 AM
It doesn't sound like it from what I hear.  Maybe the same sort of vibe and tempo but I personally can't see how that would morph into Beauty School.

if beauty school would be where its at on the record....  and then if this eros clip would be extended as a song of its own and then would be in,lets say sextape's place on the album, theni assure you everyone would be like " ::) are they serious? they're too much alike! hell is the same fucking song! " everyone would give deftones a lot of shit for it. i just see the sl reactions infront of me

nyquil_addict133

JESUS is making a convincing case here. I pray that he is wrong.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

nyquil_addict133

I just know in 2 years Eros will be 5 years old and they'll want to work on something new. They could continue Eros into a double album, if the new material is different then which album do they tour for? Release them on the same day or 3 months apart.

SX King

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 08, 2010, 07:38 PM
in the ultimate guitar interview:

"Do you think there were any ideas that appeared on Eros that sort of got refined or morphed into [Diamond Eyes?]"

Chino: I don’t know; not really. For some reason it’s just a different record you know what I mean?

wait what...  "i dont know"?   "for some reason its different"?

why isnt the answer "no completley different songs"? its like a lot of eros was transformed. more so than they like to admit. and in the previous page there's chino saying "there is another version of the record" when speaking of eros. 

and when chino spoke about the leak of diamond eyes in kerrang he said "wow I worked on this for three years, pretty much, and in three minutes some one can just download it for free"

three years? really? that was in 2007 when they started working on eros.

no wonder they made diamond eyes so fast?

Dude i wasnt thinking the exact same shit

Inkblades

nineteen

They may issue the album without touring behind it.

nyquil_addict133

after the letdown of DE I've romanticised Eros. There is a mysticism to the mysterious record that fascinates. I wish they'd just slapped the name Eros onto DE and said it was the same record to spare me the obsession. I know they don't want to release it until Chi wakes up, but if Chi has taught us a lesson, it is that life is short... and that they should release the record now.

theshadeisatool

Quote from: nineteen on May 11, 2010, 09:57 AM

Surely that would be the best way forward. With the apparent success of DE, they might make a few off a download only release of Eros (to avoid overheads) that could go towards Chi's family/his recovery. They wouldn't have to play those songs live, and we probably wouldn't expect them to, given the circumstances.

sing blue silver

Quote from: theshadeisatool on May 11, 2010, 12:08 PM

Surely that would be the best way forward. With the apparent success of DE, they might make a few off a download only release of Eros (to avoid overheads) that could go towards Chi's family/his recovery. They wouldn't have to play those songs live, and we probably wouldn't expect them to, given the circumstances.

in my opinion they just plain would NOT tour this album without chi. i think it'd add a whole mystique to the album if they never toured it and just everything that has happened with it so far. basically you guys have the right idea. release it with proceeds going to chi and his family and don't tour any of the material. i think everyone would rather wait it out with chi though. it'd be a great little celebration item if/when he recovers.

mikemerrett

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 11, 2010, 05:50 PM

in my opinion they just plain would NOT tour this album without chi. i think it'd add a whole mystique to the album if they never toured it and just everything that has happened with it so far. basically you guys have the right idea. release it with proceeds going to chi and his family and don't tour any of the material. i think everyone would rather wait it out with chi though. it'd be a great little celebration item if/when he recovers.

I second that. Chi is missing out on all that involed with the new deftones release. Wait until he's fully recovered so he can be a part of it.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 11, 2010, 05:50 PM

Despite Agreeing with you, i suppose if Chi recovers they would much preffer creating a new record and not finishing the one that was shelved some years ago. An important principle for deftones's art is to capture the beauty of a moment and then go on. I hope my idea was clear.

Wax And Wane

It will come out someday.... No doubt on that. worst case played out. The record company will release it after the Deftones call it quits (Which I pray does NOT ever happen) But I think they will release it at that point if the Tones decide not to while they are together, Just to earn a couple extra bucks off the band. What would be awesome is to make it a download/donate thing on line for Chi.  ;D Just my two cents (Prob worth half a penny)  ;)
I will save your life..

wax

Quote from: Wax And Wane on May 12, 2010, 02:08 AM
It will come out someday....
in this day and age im surprised the damn thing hasnt leaked somehow already....

sing blue silver

well the vocals aren't done so that's my main suspicion in why it may not come out. but if it comes out i doubt it'd be before chi recovers and it's up in the air if (god forbid) chi doesn't recover.

Deftones-argentina

i'm liking the idea of making it a downloadable thing with proceeds going for Chi.

wax

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on May 12, 2010, 04:20 AM
i'm liking the idea of making it a downloadable thing with proceeds going for Chi.
bravo     and what better time than now to do so on the strength of releasing de   id dl it and be happy that my $ was going to a good cause

kleptoned

Quote from: wax on May 12, 2010, 04:31 AM
bravo     and what better time than now to do so on the strength of releasing de   id dl it and be happy that my $ was going to a good cause
it would still leak an only true fans would actually pay for it...shame:-(

defTHE1s

Quote from: kleptoned on May 12, 2010, 04:47 AM
Quote from: wax on May 12, 2010, 04:31 AM
it would still leak an only true fans would actually pay for it...shame:-(
it would happen if it's released as digital or physical too... only true fans will pay for it.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

bewareofrats

The problem I see is (as has been said) that the vocals aren't finished. I think Chino said he's only half done and I can't see him going back to finish vocals for this record. So either they release half of Eros which would be retarded or not release anything. I am all for the idea of them releasing it sooner rather than later as a digital download only with the proceeds going to Chi and I would have a decent feeling it could come out this year even if it just wasn't for the vocals not being finished. Dang.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847