Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

posted before, was not eros

davetonez

Maybe this will never be released. We know Chino is a fan of Weezer, Eros may just be the Deftones Songs from the Black Hole (The album Weezer scraped in turn for Pinkerton)

rehostia

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe this will never be released. We know Chino is a fan of Weezer, Eros may just be the Deftones Songs from the Black Hole (The album Weezer scraped in turn for Pinkerton)

U smoking?!

wheresmysnare

Quote from: rehostia on Jan 10, 2011, 03:11 PM

U smoking?!

haha, if someone had said that sentence to me in everyday life i'd politely say 'yeah' having secretely not understood a word of it.

from_musings

You mean that chino scrapped eros because he likes Weezer? "sorry warner,sorry bandmates... i won't put eros out.. it's a great record but i'm gonna do like weezer cuz i like their music" ???

sing blue silver

Yeah it's stupid but I think he was more or less just drawing a comparison between the two albums. People here take things people say WAY too literally.

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 10, 2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah it's stupid but I think he was more or less just drawing a comparison between the two albums. People here take things people say WAY too literally.

What's with the "Chino is a fan" thing then

sing blue silver

n/m

from_musings

n/m

sing blue silver

Yeah I suppose I am. Just in a bad mood this morning I guess.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 10, 2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah I suppose I am. Just in a bad mood this morning I guess.

I get the impression that the band have now collectively moved on from Eros, I remember being at a London gig shortly before deftones released diamond eyes and chino was telling the crowd how hyped he was at the thought of being able to start playing tracks off diamond eyes live. No mention at all to Eros, almost like they were happy to wash their hands with it, comes across to me thet they don't necessarily think much of it

from_musings

In early 2010, I think it makes a little sense that they were thrilled and looked forward to be playing the latest material they just finished. It would be a little strange if they would stand and talk/put energy and focus on the material they put aside in 2008-2009 (eros), when it was album releasing times round the corner (de). but they don't seem so proud of eros. mostly steph who seem to like it and want to get it out to people.

they will probably never release eros like "this is us" but more like like garage days "this is what we were back then" kind of deal. I think it will be out someday, but years from now.Can't ever see them tour it :(

Hidalgo

my guess is if we ever hear eros it will be a leak, maybe on purpose by them. that way fans can hear it yet they can still say it's not an official album if they're not 100% happy with it, and continue not playing the songs live. if Chi gets to where he can play again they might actually release it for real. who knows. a leak seems like the only way we'll hear it anytime in the next few years

Vesanic

I heard in an interview that they were really surprised that Eros wasn't out there yet. Even them think it will be leaked, you know, so I guess it will happen.

Hidalgo

it is pretty amazing it hasn't leaked yet

from_musings

I assumed that because it hasn't leaked yet, the people who worked on it are pretty careful with it, very high sequrity and so on.that so far, it has been in the right hands, small number of people working on it who have access to it.and now almost locked in a vault. One can think: "If it's been 2.5 years and nothing has happened this far, it's at a safe place, and the years can continue to go by'without anything happening..... but when abe sits and show a lot of astonishment that eros hasn't leaked yet, one has to reconsider

sing blue silver

Quote from: from_musings on Jan 11, 2011, 12:07 AM
In early 2010, I think it makes a little sense that they were thrilled and looked forward to be playing the latest material they just finished. It would be a little strange if they would stand and talk/put energy and focus on the material they put aside in 2008-2009 (eros), when it was album releasing times round the corner (de). but they don't seem so proud of eros. mostly steph who seem to like it and want to get it out to people.

they will probably never release eros like "this is us" but more like like garage days "this is what we were back then" kind of deal. I think it will be out someday, but years from now.Can't ever see them tour it :(

pretty much this although it should leak eventually. the way things have been going though, it looks like it's been under lock and key and will be a while before any of us get to hear it, leaked or otherwise.

davetonez

This guys got the idea, it's a comparison... The album itself will draw a cult following like Weezer's unreleased album. I just thought it was interesting to mention due to Chino liking Weezer, hell they've covered Say It Aint So live.

sing blue silver

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 11, 2011, 03:36 AM

This guys got the idea, it's a comparison... The album itself will draw a cult following like Weezer's unreleased album. I just thought it was interesting to mention due to Chino liking Weezer, hell they've covered Say It Aint So live.

as well as holiday, tired of sex, in the garage and probably some others. i wish they'd bust out one of those these days.

davetonez

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 11, 2011, 03:39 AM
Quote from: davetonez on Jan 11, 2011, 03:36 AM

as well as holiday, tired of sex, in the garage and probably some others. i wish they'd bust out one of those these days.

Same, I'd love to hear a few studio versions if they exist. I had no idea they covered Tired of Sex, one of Weezer's best