Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by poofing acid, Apr 20, 2011, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

I wasn't disagreeing, just wanted to say that both sides are neither right or wrong

People who complain about their whattsapp message not being delivered fast enough are somewhat retarded, but THAT is also the fun of it. Because we can relate to problems like this. But if someone gives me a lecture about third world problems, I usually let the person talk, because it leads to nowhere. The more I talk back, the longer I have to sit through it. And its not worth it.

for what it's worth :

chick de la lynch

Haha, I was being an asshole just so I could post that video. I have no problem with this thread. I complain about stupid, stupid shit all the time especially now since I've started school again.

jbmp1390

What do want Lindsay? Tell me what you want. Well I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. Because we all know no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

BillyNo.9

When I'm on the internet while sitting on the toilet and my battery dies. Why can't bathrooms just have high up plug sockets with cover to protect from evaporation?

deftones47

Those Facebook pages you liked back in 2009 have returned, but now they only post those stupid photos of starving/abused people/animals asking for "a like to save their life".

People are idiots for thinking that liking the photo will save the person's/animal's life. It won't. The pages that post them are just whoring for likes.

That's what grinds my gears.

Tempest2012

When people are merging on the freeway and are going extremely slow.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

Crazylegs

deluxe editions of album releases. The album art almost always looks worse. And who the fuck cares about a stupid live version of a song anyway.

deftones47

Quote from: Crazylegs on Oct 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
deluxe editions of album releases. The album art almost always looks worse. And who the fuck cares about a stupid live version of a song anyway.

I see your point.

I only buy deluxe albums if there are actual rare songs (bonus tracks, not just live versions of studio album songs, and not necessarily B-sides), and if the artwork is decent enough.

And so far, I have only done this once.

But yeah. For the most part, deluxe versions are stupid.

DeftonesNZ

I don't deluxe versions that much but it pisses me off when like two weeks after release they release a new edition with only one added song that they left off the first release its just money gathering

scatterbrain

I got one worse than that shit.Japan edtions.what the fuck?really,you want me to pay 40,50 bucks for an extra fuckin track and a obi tag?these prices rarely drop,if anything,they go up over the years.and you know a lot of times these tracks are awesome,and they never show up ANYWHERE.this trend has faded out through the years,but some bands(jesu,pelican,pinback)do this shit everytime.
and i-tunes exclusives(deftones don't pull that shit again please),I don't want that m4a shit.I go through a lot shit to keep all my music equal quaillty when digital.then I got these 2 fuckin 192 m4as sittin in a bundle of flac.can't we get that shit in wav or fuckin alac please?stupid
shit I know.but that crap makes me pisted.
im me and thats all ill ever be

tarkil

I agree with that ITunes exclusive shit... WTF, who wants to have shitty music like that on their computer !?
That's not how music should be enjoyed....

Plus ITunes suck, and Apple can rot in hell before they see 1 cent of my fucking money....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

x Rx King x

You know what rustles my jimmies? These people that are on shows like American Idol and X-Factor that claim that they "Just want to make music"... Please! Showing up and saying that does not count. Those people are in it for the fame and money. How about the bands slaving in their studio just to produce a couple solid tracks for a demo? How about the guy that sits on the corner with his amp and guitar shredding i...t up as people pass by? What about those bands that stick to small venues just to have a small chance at being heard, maybe even by someone who could give them hope? What about that songbook full of hand-written notes and lyrics that has yet to be seen by anyone? Those are the people that want to make music and want people to experience their creativity with them. If the people on reality tv "just want to make music", they would have been making it by now.

deftones47

Quote from: x Rx King x on Oct 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
You know what rustles my jimmies? These people that are on shows like American Idol and X-Factor that claim that they "Just want to make music"... Please! Showing up and saying that does not count. Those people are in it for the fame and money. How about the bands slaving in their studio just to produce a couple solid tracks for a demo? How about the guy that sits on the corner with his amp and guitar shredding i...t up as people pass by? What about those bands that stick to small venues just to have a small chance at being heard, maybe even by someone who could give them hope? What about that songbook full of hand-written notes and lyrics that has yet to be seen by anyone? Those are the people that want to make music and want people to experience their creativity with them. If the people on reality tv "just want to make music", they would have been making it by now.

VERY good point.

I want my music to be heard, but I won't go to some stupid American Idol-type show just to do it. I really don't care about getting money or fame from my music, even if they are good rewards.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: x Rx King x on Oct 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
Oh fuck yes i hate those shows there so fake just glorified Karaoke contests but its even worse when they try remake them in small country's like New Zealand then it just gets really sad and pathetic

Crazylegs

People on here who use abbreviations for every god damn deftones song title. I don't even frequent the deftones section of this board, but it brings my piss to a boil anyway.

bright lights, big city

Would you even as far as to say going to the Deftones section of a Deftones forum grinds your gears?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

hehe, not necessarily. It's just not for me anymore. How the fuck there can be so much discussion in there i don't understand though. The Koi No Yokan thread took only one and a half month to reach almost as many posts as the bullshit thread which has been open since 2005. People fucking love deftones i guess.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Would you even as far as to say going to the Deftones section of a Deftones forum grinds your gears?

I'll say it grinds my gears. Like Crazylegs said, it's crazy how much people talk about Deftones on that side of the board. From what I've witnessed, a lot of it is "your opinion is wrong, but mine is right" crap and I hate scrolling through five pages of that.

Jacob

herp derp, people talking about Deftones in the Deftones section on a Deftones forum? what is the world coming to?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

fireflyry

Like White Pony.

How many versions where there again :P

What grinds my gears, being that I work behind a bar part-time, is drunks that say "one for the road".....20 times.....in the same night...then take the ugliest person home for, what I assume is awful, flaccid, saggy, smelly sex, and then blame you as the bar person for allowing them to do such a thing the next day.

.....then their partner turns up....

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.