Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by poofing acid, Apr 20, 2011, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

really?!? i don't know. pippa is attractive. kate is traditionally beautiful whereas there is a lot more sexiness to pippa. i get what you're saying though. kate looks a lot like princess mary.

Variable

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
i watched the entire royal wedding

six hours long

haters are going to hate
The UK is facing austerity measures in the form of multi billion pound cuts in government services, and the Royal family decides to use 20 million pounds of tax payers dollars for a few hours that benefit society in no way whatsoever. Thats not being a hater, it's just common sense. I refuse to support that kind of behavior

Penicks

i don't support it either, i just felt like watching a six hour long broadcast

also, it was with my girlfriend's mum so that's +10 charming points

Variable

Well yeah I get all that.  I was just saying that we aren't haters for getting mad about that. 

Penicks

you're just mad and jealous because you're never going to have such a perfect wedding

from_musings

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 30, 2011, 06:04 PM

what are you gonna do with all those points? they're worth nothing

Variable

oh i beg to differ. My girlfriends moms let me cash in those points all the time. 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 30, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Apr 30, 2011, 06:04 PM

what are you gonna do with all those points? they're worth nothing
maybe she's a milf
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

from_musings

haha ok.. personally im not interested in moms but if you guys are thats more than fine.if i wanted a milf i would look for one in the first place. my girlfriend's parents dont like me and that has only affected my life for the better. my girl doesnt go there with me as often as she would like so I get her for myself and don't have to sit down and watch crap for six hours etc

Variable

Ha.  It's helped me in past relationships to suck up to the mom.  That way they aren't nagging at the daughter that you're a d-bag and they should break up with you.  Or they don't try to take up your girls time with family time on a friday night just to fuck with you or something. 

poofing acid

How can someone not see the value of scoring points with a girlfriends mom? 

Variable

Maybe his girl really hates her mom?

blixa

Quote from: Variable on Apr 30, 2011, 05:53 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Apr 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
i watched the entire royal wedding

six hours long

haters are going to hate
The UK is facing austerity measures in the form of multi billion pound cuts in government services, and the Royal family decides to use 20 million pounds of tax payers dollars for a few hours that benefit society in no way whatsoever. Thats not being a hater, it's just common sense. I refuse to support that kind of behavior

yes, and they're going to make just as much money in tourism. i'm assuming correctly that shitloads of people actually went to england for the wedding and shitloads more will go after this wedding.

seriously, it technically should have been bigger and better. plus everyone loves a big wedding and i don't know about anyone else but it made me very very happy and i'm a big sook most of the time.

Variable

They did?  Or are going to?  And how will they ever actually figure that? But if the Royal Family wanted to be so noble, maybe they could have just used their OWN money?

blixa

during the telecast half of everyone that were being interviewed was american and canadian. i'm pretty confident they will pull large numbers in the tourism aspect, and as far as i heard the royal family did pay for a lot of things. i'm not sure what though. plus the shitloads of money that was donated to charity as wedding gifts. consider all that. i think people are fucking on too much about the cost. they are the royal family! seriously.

Variable

Mazzy my dear,

I don't doubt that you probably have a very good reason for believing all of this.  It actually surprised me a bit that you were on the opposite side of this, so there must be a good reason for you being ok with all of it.  I do not mean to be argumentative with you.

It occurred to me that they could make some money off DVD sales, broadcasting rights, advertisement etc etc.  Although, for some reason, tourism actually never did cross my mind.  Either way, if you take the profits made from the wedding (assuming there are any) and add 20 million pounds (which is what the tax payers paid) thats 20 million more pounds for the tax payers if the Royal family wouldn't have charged the tax payers at all, but used 100% private money instead.

I mean, they actually brought troops home from Afghanistan to hold security for this.  WTF kind of message does that send to the kid who just got his legs blown off about how important his mission is?  You know what I'm saying? 

lukas989

Yep - and thats it really...tourism - pretty much the only way they actually do have of making back any of the ridiculous sums they have splashed out on them on stuff like this.  Their roles are diminishing daily - and as a Scotsman whos a leaner towards independence, Im not a big fan.  All power to em enjoying their lives together and stuff, but I like my money, and need it much much much more than they do.  And beefeaters - what a stupid job that is.

BillyNo.9

Cinnamon, that shit burn if you get it in your eyes

blixa

Quote from: Variable on May 01, 2011, 06:00 AM
Mazzy my dear,

I don't doubt that you probably have a very good reason for believing all of this.  It actually surprised me a bit that you were on the opposite side of this, so there must be a good reason for you being ok with all of it.  I do not mean to be argumentative with you.

It occurred to me that they could make some money off DVD sales, broadcasting rights, advertisement etc etc.  Although, for some reason, tourism actually never did cross my mind.  Either way, if you take the profits made from the wedding (assuming there are any) and add 20 million pounds (which is what the tax payers paid) thats 20 million more pounds for the tax payers if the Royal family wouldn't have charged the tax payers at all, but used 100% private money instead.

I mean, they actually brought troops home from Afghanistan to hold security for this.  WTF kind of message does that send to the kid who just got his legs blown off about how important his mission is?  You know what I'm saying? 

the thing that people don't understand is that the wedding could have been bigger and more expensive than what it was. it's not something new that they are charging tax payers for something like this. plus the majority of them got paid for their day off and a lot of companies offered workers three times their normal wage to work on that day. of course, just under 10% of workers got rorted and i'm sad for them but i'm looking at the bigger picture here. as far as i'm concerned, those troops got a nice day out being there for the wedding. i mean seriously, london>afghanistan. come on, trey. where would you rather be? not saying afghanistan isn't a beautiful country and that this war should be reduced to something trivial. i ain't! i'm just sayin' that maybe those troops kind of liked being there. i don't know. i'm just guessing.

and shiiiiit, if the australian government used my tax money to pay for oprah's visit then i'm not going to sit here and be mad that the poms had to pay for this damn wedding. at least the wedding was actually enjoyable to watch and shoot me if you want for this but i really like william and kate. THEIR LOVE MAKES ME HAPPY.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on May 01, 2011, 01:20 PM
i really like william and kate. THEIR LOVE MAKES ME HAPPY.
well then you're not gonna like it when they get a royal divorce.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?