Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

I think his style is really interesting. He sounds pretty normal, but he has some subtle little characteristics that make him stick out. I think it's brilliant to be able to do that without overplaying.

Inkblades

It's an insensitive hypothetical. What you're basically saying is that while what happened to Chi is horrible, it would have been more horrible if it happened to Chino or Stephen because they are ultimately more important to Deftones. Sorry if I find that offensive, but I do. It's also very morbid. I mean, what's the point? Chi got into the accident. They didn't. End discussion.

One_Weak

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Sep 08, 2011, 09:24 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Sep 08, 2011, 09:15 PM
Deftones - Beauty School (Official Music Video)

hmm beauty school 'official' video - ??

ok calling bs on this, glad i put in the bs thread - it is however some interesting live and backstage footage on a nice camera

I can't quote the exact source because I don't remember, but what I do remember is this video somehow coming from their official site, posting it on another site. wow that makes no sense. okay nevermind. but I'm pretty sure it is "official" (THEIR release; as for an actual music video, I wouldn't quite call it that, since it's so new after the album's been out)
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

BillyNo.9

pinkmaggit

Quote from: Starz on Sep 07, 2011, 09:53 PM
You need to structure your posts more man, they look horrible to read

He's got better at screaming, especially for MOS. More of a high pitched scream now than when he first started

Yeah, sorry I just realized from looking at it now too - it is really difficult to read.
I'll use paragraphs next time.

BillyNo.9

deftones86

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 09, 2011, 01:47 AM
It's an insensitive hypothetical. What you're basically saying is that while what happened to Chi is horrible, it would have been more horrible if it happened to Chino or Stephen because they are ultimately more important to Deftones. Sorry if I find that offensive, but I do. It's also very morbid. I mean, what's the point? Chi got into the accident. They didn't. End discussion.
Butt Hurt. And just because you cant wrap your head around the hypothetical, doesnt mean others cant. If you find this offensive dont read it. if its something you would rather not talk about then dont i didnt ask you the importance of chi to this band. you made that asumption by yourself. 

Inkblades

Who said I couldn't wrap my head around it? I understood it perfectly. Also, how would I know if I found your words offensive or not until I read them? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I stand by what I said. What you are pondering is absolutely without merit. Would Deftones probably be over? Yeah, probably. I know we all love their music unconditionally, but you have to keep in mind that they have lives outside of Deftones. Families. Children. Things that are more important than giving us music.

deftones86

One_Weak

Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

jbmp1390

what about Abe? I feel like the sound he brings to the band is just as irreplaceable as all of the other components. The reason things are working right now with Sergio is because everyone hopes that it's just a temporary situation, not because Chi is replaceable. Not to discount Sergio's abilities though, I don't think anyone other than him could take over for Chi.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

BillyNo.9

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Sep 09, 2011, 05:43 AM
I don't think anyone other than him could take over for Chi.

Really? Is that because he stood in for Chi once way back when, so he's the only outside member of the original band to play with them? I thought deftones could have found a waaaay better replacement. One who could roar like a bear and play fingerstyle and not knock shit over on stage.

skinnypuppy

Jesus2Chino

Eh, I'm with Inkblades on this one--this thread is pretty rude and unnecessary. It's not about being "butt hurt," it's about finding the quantification of life or importance lame and disrespectful. Obviously the content of this thread isn't too difficult to understand, I just find it distasteful. I'm not saying you need to be doing anything about it, or that you're a horrible person for creating this thread; I'm only saying you shouldn't be surprised that a thread like this isn't going to palatable for a lot of folks.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

from_musings

I think it's interesting to talk about what roles members have in a band, which member is contributing with what, which members a band can't do without etc. I don't think it's that disrespectful to say that person A contributes with less than person B, discussions like that comes with being in a band.to say that a member is so important that the band couldn't even continue without that person is interesting i think. however, to involve accidents like this is in the example is unnecessary,but it's too bad that the discussion is about the example itself instead of the actual question: who contributes with what, who are the geniuses etc

rock_n_frost

This is stupid..
All we need is another album..
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

nineteen

Electron§

Deftones EPK

Interesting footage with seemingly unreleased acoustic demo around the five minute mark.

asshole

i remember this when it came out 8 years ago..... My favorite one to date is the White Pony one...
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

pinkmaggit

I think we need to be mindful of what we post sometimes - we never know when a member of the band may decide to visit the forum and I think something like this could be quite upsetting for them.
They are people after all and as true fans we need to show them respect.
Sorry Deftones86, I don't mean to argue with you, I'm sure you don't mean bad, it's just that it's something too horrifying to visualize.
We shouldn't think negative thoughts and we shouldn't place a value on human lives dependent on the music we get out of them.