Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Aug 30, 2011, 08:33 PM

Penicks why must you always be such an asshole? don't answer. rhetorical question. I thought this was a forum for people to talk about the band and things related to it. Why make him feel bad? He posted a link to a single website, big fucking deal.

i would guess around 98% of the members here think penick brings a lot of entertainment to the board when he's being this "asshole" so just let him do his thing is what i say. if one person gets hurt and 100 are amused i think it's good statstics

Vesanic

I think the song had potential at first. I mean, I hate the song but I do enjoy the demo:

Deftones - Mein [Demo] - Saturday Night Wrist demos [6/16]

To be honest, Chino ruined the song, that's it.

defsteve

Quote from: mothraw on Aug 30, 2011, 03:11 PM
well...mmh
sorry dudes i did not want to steal your time.
i just thought of that site because i heard about it  when i was crawling out of my prehistoric cave.
and i never said that this is the hottest shit for  you A+highdefextracoolnumberonedeftonesplatinumfans.
but don`t you think its a little ignorant and arrogant to make fun of me for having this thought for the first time?
maybe there are some people who did not thought of it too?
no big news for you but like jbmp1390 said i was excited and i thank him for being cool with me living on the fucking moon.

so,sorry for pissing on your carpet

leave britney alone

Enjoy yourself. Haters gonna hate.

Also be sure to check out Crosses ††† (links in my sig)  ;D
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

sing blue silver

I just really dig Abe's playing on that track. In fact I'd say SNW is some of his finest work. Chino indeed ruined it but I like it how it is. Just cut out serj's useless vocals and it'd be better.

from_musings

Quote from: defsteve on Aug 30, 2011, 09:40 PM
Haters gonna hate.

what it really is: entertainers gonna entertain

sing blue silver

I think penicks brings the lulz big time.

from_musings

yeah. and there's people trying to shut him up, what's this world coming to? trying to ruin it for the majority and shit, i'd say those are the real assholes

ponyx

Quote from: sing blue silver on Aug 30, 2011, 09:47 PM
I just really dig Abe's playing on that track. In fact I'd say SNW is some of his finest work.

jbmp1390

Quote from: from_musings on Aug 30, 2011, 10:22 PM
yeah. and there's people trying to shut him up, what's this world coming to? trying to ruin it for the majority and shit, i'd say those are the real assholes

I don't care about people being funny, usually he is. I just thought he was being a dick. All the person did was post a single link to a website. I just don't think they should be made to feel bad about that. Guess I'm wrong.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

100Modem

Quote from: ponyx on Aug 31, 2011, 12:44 AM
I just really dig Abe's playing on that track. In fact I'd say SNW is some of his finest work.

Penicks

internet is serious business

pinkmaggit

I just really dig Abe's playing on that track. In fact I'd say SNW is some of his finest work. Chino indeed ruined it but I like it how it is. Just cut out serj's useless vocals and it'd be better.

I agree with that - his drumming really stood out on SNW for me - somehow the drumming didn't have the same impact on DE - it just didn't seem as creative to me.
ATF is another album where I think Abe excels.
Back to SNW - the highlight of Abe's performance for me has got to be the blastbeat in Rats!

sing blue silver

mothraw

i read in an interview (in visions i guess) back  when snw came out about the making of mein.
serj had written and sung lyrics to the full song, verses and chorus.but chino wanted to put his own thing on it so all whats left of it was that universe stuff.
i totally love that song for its uptempo and it was something i never heard from deftones before.

echo36

Steph made the ladder and everyone climbed it, with swords and cannons, the whole song takes me on a pirate journey. Steph you rock!!

BillyNo.9

Still love the song minus Serj parts

One_Weak

I got the track and knew it as "Fist." like many of their songs, the title didn't make any sense to me, but I didn't care because I love the song. However, on iTunes and some Youtube videos, it's called "First." So, which one is it!? Because "First" makes 110% sense, though regardless my opinion about the song of course makes no sense. I'm just curious. and as a 'fresh' fan, I figure others who've been listeners since Adrenaline actually came out might know.
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

from_musings

you would know this if you had bought the cd, it's in the booklet you cheap bastard. "Fist" .. or, "First" - was this suppose to be a new thread? ffs.. this place would be a real shit hole without the mods

Vesanic

Dude, obviously it's Fist... And even if you weren't sure, you have Google, you have YouTube, but still you post a topic here. Of course this is the place for hardcore fans but that wasn't necessary.

jbmp1390

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?