Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: icery on Jun 24, 2011, 01:25 AM
pushing themselves away from that scene?  look at the bill of summer sanitarium 2003 and that was still after self titled was released

If I'm correct, I think Chino said somewhen that they accepted this only for money, that these bands wouldn't exist without the Deftones and that he hated how, despite that, they where headlining instead of them.

icery

oh and you can add on the family values tour in 2006 with korn too. 

he did say a lot of things, but chino really made himself look like an an ass with the summer sanitarium, especially when referring to metallica that they would 'rock their shit out" or whatever.  it was either this board or the old deftones.com board in 03 that started just like this - people saying no way they'd do that tour with those bands; they've distance themselves from that scene... and bla bla bla...

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 24, 2011, 01:41 AM
Quote from: icery on Jun 24, 2011, 01:25 AM
pushing themselves away from that scene?  look at the bill of summer sanitarium 2003 and that was still after self titled was released

If I'm correct, I think Chino said somewhen that they accepted this only for money, that these bands wouldn't exist without the Deftones and that he hated how, despite that, they where headlining instead of them.

"hello i'm chino, i think it's really important to stay left field in terms of making music and push ourselves away from the new metal scene. as long it's not good money involved, then we'd just do about anything" sounds like a sell out to me.

One_Weak

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 22, 2011, 04:08 AM
I actually meant buy it off the internet. Weird how I'm promoting the band. Whatever...

In that case, I already did. Amazon for 14 flat with free release date shipping.
Amazon promotes my laziness lol
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
"hello i'm chino, i think it's really important to stay left field in terms of making music and push ourselves away from the new metal scene. as long it's not good money involved, then we'd just do about anything" sounds like a sell out to me.

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3915.html

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-19420.html

As you can see, he really didn't want to join that tour. If it was not for the money, I really don't know what else it would be for, but you're right though, he doesn't mention the money.

Balthazard

Hey
warning random post ahead

so ive been watch Lost lately , like catching up with the whole thing from season one i just have the final episode to watch
and i recall reading somehwere on this board that deftones  or maybe just chino are fans of the show
is that true?  and This place is death is really a reference to Lost ?

anyway probably the best tv show ever

ponyx

One_Weak

I love this song, the riffs are awesome and the bridge fuckin rock.....but what the hell does he say/scream at the bridge? Call me crazy but I always thought it was "cataract" then a friend said "cut her head" lol so yeah...basic curiousness 
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

from_musings

i don't know but i bet it's something occult

elite54

god damn, i get so irritated reading the linkin park forums bashing chino. i am actually glad he said what he did. fuck those bands.

One_Weak

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 09, 2011, 11:00 PM
i don't know but i bet it's something occult

Haha quite possibly!
I was just reading up on it and someone else suggested "cut it hard" but still no meaning to it.. not that Engine No. 9 is a lucidly interpretable track. And when I heard them play this live, Chino just blasted something incoherent into the mic for that part  ???

TheSeeker1080

It's supposed to be "CUT IT HARD"

mrpelon94

is there an official deftones fan club????

One_Weak

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 10, 2011, 12:19 PM

really? huh...yeah I can hear that...know any meaning to it though?

Oldnewtype

The song is about dong chopping and cleaning blood.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

from_musings

Quote from: defsteve on Jul 11, 2011, 02:31 PM
Quote from: mrpelon94 on Jul 11, 2011, 06:50 AM
is there an official deftones fan club????

No

i have no problem saying i'm a fan.. but i don't think i would ever join a fan club

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: One_Weak on Jul 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 10, 2011, 12:19 PM

really? huh...yeah I can hear that...know any meaning to it though?

Not sure, I can only venture a guess. At that part in the song there is kind of a low point, it's after he is screaming WHY, DID (or WIPE, HATE) [not 100% on this either] then he goes "last one" and you can pretty much only hear the bass line and the last guitar chord fading out before he screams "CUT IT HARD" and immediately after that you hear some heavy guitar. So to me the "CUT IT HARD" is like when you are driving and you cut the wheel hard to make a sharp turn, the song makes a "sharp turn" from that low point with only fading guitar chord and bass line back into heavy guitar gain / riff. I don't know that is probably a poor reason / meaning but that is what came to my mind.

Does this song have anything to do with the rap song that has a line "Engine Engine number 9, on the new york transit line, if my train goes off the track, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up." I'm pretty sure the rap song came first it was early 90s and adrenaline album is from '95.

wheresmysnare

sharing lungs is basically a fan club, in as much as you can become a member and talk to other deftones fans, all it needs is a shit t-shirt to take off.

Oldnewtype

I'd wear a shit shirt from sharing lungs.