Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungdamage

Quote from: laurapalmer on Nov 06, 2012, 06:18 AM
Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 06, 2012, 06:09 AM
green day, christina aguilera leaked. now the new soundgarden is streaming on itunes for free, but still no kny, figures....

where is the soundgarden record?

imagine if there was a soundgarden troll just for you haha

i haven't checked for that one myself

Playhouse

fuck gauze sounded so sick. So keen for that. Srsly love the retro what happened to you? vibe as well.

laurapalmer

Quote from: laurapalmer on Nov 06, 2012, 06:18 AM
Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 06, 2012, 06:09 AM
green day, christina aguilera leaked. now the new soundgarden is streaming on itunes for free, but still no kny, figures....

where is the soundgarden record?

haha even this board isnt that bad. no wait, it is. Found it however

CliptheApex

Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 06, 2012, 06:20 AM
fuck gauze sounded so sick. So keen for that. Srsly love the retro what happened to you? vibe as well.

The only song I know I wont like is Tempest. I cant stand that song. All of the others are good based on what I have heard
and some of the previews sound like they will be amazing. Like I said I think this might just be their best material yet. But its still too early to say for sure.

only pieces remain

DAFTPUNK87

lol KNY already has 5 stars &309 ratings, not to mention 6 pages of people talking about it on iTunes.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

Playhouse

Quote from: CliptheApex on Nov 06, 2012, 06:23 AM

The only song I know I wont like is Tempest. I cant stand that song. All of the others are good based on what I have heard
and some of the previews sound like they will be amazing. Like I said I think this might just be their best material yet. But its still too early to say for sure.
Yeah it is too early. Its weird i really dig Tempest, but im really not into Leathers (mainly the chorus).

lungdamage

can't find new soundgarden on iptorrents or slsk :(   i think i'm too oldschool tech

lungdamage

Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 06, 2012, 06:25 AM
Quote from: CliptheApex on Nov 06, 2012, 06:23 AM

Yeah it is too early. Its weird i really dig Tempest, but im really not into Leathers (mainly the chorus).

like both... chorus in leathers is a bit fluffy for my liking but i like it all the same.

lungdamage

i really just hope they have some heavy peaks here and there though. love all the clips regardless of that sentiment ;)

as they say.. the heavy bits make the soft bits softer, and the soft bits make the heavy bits sound heavier  :o

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 06:31 AM
i really just hope they have some heavy peaks here and there though. love all the clips regardless of that sentiment ;)
I think there's a lot hiding from us outside of those 30 second samples.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

lungdamage

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 06:32 AM
I think there's a lot hiding from us outside of those 30 second samples.

+agree

CliptheApex

You know there will be. Leathers, Rosemary, Gauze all have very heavy moments. Im sure there will be more within the album. This shit is all good I can just feel it. Its going to be more melodic overall but that is really going to make the harder shit pop even more.

Usurper

Quote from: CliptheApex on Nov 06, 2012, 06:34 AM

You know there will be. Leathers, Rosemary, Gauze all have very heavy moments. Im sure there will be more within the album. This shit is all good I can just feel it. Its going to be more melodic overall but that is really going to make the harder shit pop even more.

There's going to be way less heavy parts than people expect
-[usurper]-

lungdamage

yeah i'm pining for lot's of contrast too.. it all seems promising so far

lungdamage

Quote from: Usurper on Nov 06, 2012, 06:37 AM

hopefully the songs still 'rise'. i don't need straight screaming. just a few wicked parts ;)

CliptheApex

If so, so what? Have you heard it?

Usurper

Quote from: CliptheApex on Nov 06, 2012, 06:40 AM

If so, so what? Have you heard it?

So what? Just contributing to your speculation
-[usurper]-

TheShade1989

That'll disappoint a lotta ppl lol. I get the feeling Goon Squad will be the heaviest song on the album, but who knows? I assumed Romantic Dreams would be heavy, but maybe the reason they call it a monster track is because of all the tempo-changes rather than heaviness. Ah well, wont be long now. I dont mind the album not being so heavy, I love what I've heard.

lungdamage

i think that it will be a tasteful mix...  in the overall spectrum of the album... don't need complete brutals