Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 12, 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Mar 12, 2013, 06:31 AM
Steph and Chino do what they do...
I remember an interview with Chino as they Recorded Aniversarty of an Unerstesting Event

Very ambiant..Stephen on the kick drum and Chino on the Keys...SNW was a great record.
Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event was on Deftones...

care to track down this video? I'd love to see it

It was an interview I believe.. Chino was talking about how there was a piano in the studio.. Everyday they'd walk in for rehearsal and he'd play the  piano and that's how they wrote A.o.a.U.E
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

sing blue silver

^^ correct. I remember the interview. It's buried on deftonesworld somewhere.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I've seen that one, it sounded like it was footage of them actually playing it not just talking about it.

el perro

Quote from: billy718 on Mar 11, 2013, 04:14 AM
Quick as hell recap...

They totally fucked up the beginning of BQAD.. Stef was playing it too slow, Abe came in late... Sergio was looking around laughing. Chino started singing too late. They would've been better off starting over. They were pretty sloppy to start, but they were having fun. Chino threw the mic to the floor and fell to the ground and sang into it at one point. His voice sounds so much better if you are actually at the venue. It sounds pretty terrible on youtube videos.

Chino straight up knocked over Sergio during Engine #9. Funny shit.

Good show. Nice setlist. My 42nd time seeing them. First time hearing CMND/CTRL, Swerve City, and Entombed live.

It was Chino's fault on BQAD confusing Abe with the scream too early.

Danny Keyes

DeftonesNZ

Just search Deftones on YouTube then under filter go upload date there's always new stuff on there after each show

seasick

So I'm not sure if anyone posted the Myrtle Beach setlist, but it was as follows:
Diamond Eyes
Be Quiet and Drive
My Own Summer
Lhabia
Rosemary
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Headup
Around the Fur
Riviere
Change
Bloody Cape

Root
Engine No. 9
7 Words

So the concert was pretty sweet. :) Bloody Cape was a highlight for me. I always forget what a fantastic singer Chino is; I thought he was really on point this time around, and it sound great. There was this one point where Chino attempted to get Abe to play a "70's beat", which turned into an 80's beat, which Sergio started playing the bass riff to Billie Jean over, which was followed by Chino going "boop boop, boop boop" along to the synth sounds in the song. Also, Chino got Sergio to dance on stage. X) I had to miss Atlanta because of some dumbass chemistry exam, though. It would've been concert number 4 for me. :/

EDIT: I totally forgot! Right before they played Riviere, Chino said that they were going to play a song for Chi, and they played it extra slow.

Gee

Quote from: seasick on Mar 19, 2013, 02:13 AM
So I'm not sure if anyone posted the Myrtle Beach setlist, but it was as follows:
Diamond Eyes
Be Quiet and Drive
My Own Summer
Lhabia
Rosemary
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Headup
Around the Fur
Riviere
Change
Bloody Cape

Root
Engine No. 9
7 Words

So the concert was pretty sweet. :) Bloody Cape was a highlight for me. I always forget what a fantastic singer Chino is; I thought he was really on point this time around, and it sound great. There was this one point where Chino attempted to get Abe to play a "70's beat", which turned into an 80's beat, which Sergio started playing the bass riff to Billie Jean over, which was followed by Chino going "boop boop, boop boop" along to the synth sounds in the song. Also, Chino got Sergio to dance on stage. X) I had to miss Atlanta because of some dumbass chemistry exam, though. It would've been concert number 4 for me. :/

EDIT: I totally forgot! Right before they played Riviere, Chino said that they were going to play a song for Chi, and they played it extra slow.

Thanks for this ! And hell yeah Bloody Cape seems to be a regular highlight on the shows of this tour. God how freakin happy I'd be if they played another song off the S/T besides Minerva (WGTB, Needles And Pins ?)...a man can dream !
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

therealdaebat

Quote from: seasick on Mar 19, 2013, 02:13 AM
Diamond Eyes
Be Quiet and Drive
My Own Summer
Lhabia
Rosemary
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Headup
Around the Fur
Riviere
Change
Bloody Cape

Root
Engine No. 9
7 Words

This was the jist of the ATL show setlist. No feiticeira though. Other than that pretty spot on.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Jerry_Curls

Like every tour, anyone have a photo of all the new merch? I saw Kelly's on facebook with the girl smoking...I fucking want that shirt! Any other new designs worthy of purchasing this go round?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

therealdaebat

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 21, 2013, 11:27 PM
Like every tour, anyone have a photo of all the new merch? I saw Kelly's on facebook with the girl smoking...I fucking want that shirt! Any other new designs worthy of purchasing this go round?

There was a really cool black cat on a black shirt that said deftones under it.  I really liked it but I dropped 35 on the poster so I didn't want to spend too much more.  Here is the poster I got: http://i.imgur.com/5GGXmbz.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

digital bath

http://deftones.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=13200_30422&pc=BGCTDT63

patrick

Was at the show in Mobile Alabama last night.   Ears still ringing because the club was so small.....smallest ive seen them.  Setlist was the same as it has been but performance was very tight.  You guys in Baton Rouge are in for a treat as that club is even smaller......bring your ear plugs or you wont hear shit the next day.

New Murderer

According to setlists.fm, they played needles and pins last night?

Gee

Quote from: New Murderer on Mar 24, 2013, 05:09 PM

What what what ? Can someone please confirm ?

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

patrick

Quote from: Gee on Mar 24, 2013, 05:51 PM
Quote from: New Murderer on Mar 24, 2013, 05:09 PM

What what what ? Can someone please confirm ?
No Needles and Pins.  I wish they would have played it but setlistfm is wrong.

shoop

from setlist.fm:
Vesanique March 24, 2013 1:54:37 PM UTC
Needles and Pins? Confirmation, please?

haha..V you kill me!

lithium

Quote from: therealdaebat on Mar 22, 2013, 01:57 PM

There was a really cool black cat on a black shirt that said deftones under it.  I really liked it but I dropped 35 on the poster so I didn't want to spend too much more.  Here is the poster I got: http://i.imgur.com/5GGXmbz.jpg
Houston art at its best!
💩

endstand

I always wondered if record label has any influence on band's setlists. Like if they say "you need to play atleast 4 songs from your new album". What others think about it? I know, sounds ridiculous, but..
hello memory lover, you are mine

ignore the fashion

Quote from: endstand on Mar 26, 2013, 01:16 PM
I always wondered if record label has any influence on band's setlists. Like if they say "you need to play atleast 4 songs from your new album". What others think about it? I know, sounds ridiculous, but..

I seriously doubt it.