Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Quote from: ZND84 on Sep 13, 2016, 07:18 AM
i really want to hear Rapture played live again, i love that song.i think it's been a while for that one, but the new setlists are awesome.

Last time was 2009, It would be a powerful opener.
Code: [Select]

LG95

Looks like their Riot Fest set is going to be streamed live for anyone interested. About 15 minutes time.

http://uphoric.tv/riot-fest-chicago-live-broadcast/
I could float here forever

LG95

ANattyRat

What songs have I missed? Currently playing Rosemary.

ANattyRat

That was an awesome scream at the end of Gore.

ANattyRat

I said a while back they'll probably play Phantom Bride after their little break (assuming they play it at all) since they've had time to rehearse, but probably not this show, since it's a festival.

Also, considering they've had a break, where Chino's voice usually has time to feel refreshed for the next shows, he's sounding a little off, no? Especially with Kimdracula, he'd been sounding brilliant with that song recently, but he's pretty hit-and-miss tonight. But then again, everyone's entitled to an off night. Seeing a lot of Sergio singing and Chino taking gaps in songs like they did a while back too.

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 19, 2016, 02:58 AM
Rocket Skates, Geometric Headdress, Be Quiet and Drive, Diamond Eyes and Swerve City were the songs before Rosemary.

I've switched it off now. Chino doing what he does now which is treat it like it's one big party rather than a performance, which is fine if you're there but not if you're listening to it on an internet stream.

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 19, 2016, 03:11 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 19, 2016, 02:58 AM
Rocket Skates, Geometric Headdress, Be Quiet and Drive, Diamond Eyes and Swerve City were the songs before Rosemary.

I've switched it off now. Chino doing what he does now which is treat it like it's one big party rather than a performance, which is fine if you're there but not if you're listening to it on an internet stream.

Damn, missed Geometric Headdress. Yeah, he's ignoring his singing quite a lot, his singing is quite off, and he's randomly going off and talking instead. He's obviously having a hell of an awesome time, haha, but as an actual show, it's not their best, not by a long shot. I'm not quite sure why he's gone back to letting Sergio sing a lot of his parts again, but...who knows, maybe he's just having a bad vocal day.

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 19, 2016, 03:16 AM
Damn, missed Geometric Headdress. Yeah, he's ignoring his singing quite a lot, his singing is quite off, and he's randomly going off and talking instead. He's obviously having a hell of an awesome time, haha, but as an actual show, it's not their best, not by a long shot. I'm not quite sure why he's gone back to letting Sergio sing a lot of his parts again, but...who knows, maybe he's just having a bad vocal day.
I've come to the conclusion recently that Chino doesn't really treat gigs like performances anymore. He's at a stage where he just goes out there to have fun, enjoy the atmosphere and the songs. That's why their streamed sets very rarely sound that great - because he's not that interested in how he sounds. He jumps about like crazy, he sings too hard, he doesn't hold onto notes or care if he goes flat. As I said, that's probably fine if you're there but it just doesn't sound good at all when you're not.

I think people often mistake it nowadays for his voice being shot but it really isn't. He's just not aiming for perfection, which can be really fucking annoying because he definitely still has the capacity to reach it. If Chino did what Maynard does and just stood there and concentrated on singing properly with precision, he would nail every song. I'm confident of that.

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 19, 2016, 03:25 AM
I've come to the conclusion recently that Chino doesn't really treat gigs like performances anymore. He's at a stage where he just goes out there to have fun, enjoy the atmosphere and the songs. That's why their streamed sets very rarely sound that great - because he's not that interested in how he sounds. He jumps about like crazy, he sings too hard, he doesn't hold onto notes or care if he goes flat. As I said, that's probably fine if you're there but it just doesn't sound good at all when you're not.

I think people often mistake it nowadays for his voice being shot but it really isn't. He's just not aiming for perfection, which can be really fucking annoying because he definitely still has the capacity to reach it. If Chino did what Maynard does and just stood there and concentrated on singing properly with precision, he would nail every song. I'm confident of that.

True, but he's always been about enjoying it. I don't think he'd be doing it if he didn't have fun. Although there was definitely a time when the atmosphere had more mood to it, but then again, was that a conscious effort by the band, or was it just the vibe they exuded? But you're right in that he treats it as something he just wants to have fun doing. Which I've never had a problem with during live shows, but then again, I've never been at a show where I felt like his vocals were very off, even if they weren't always perfect.

Let's face it, he never has and never will stand still during a performance, haha.

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 19, 2016, 03:33 AM
Quote from: LG95 on Sep 19, 2016, 03:25 AM

True, but he's always been about enjoying it. I don't think he'd be doing it if he didn't have fun. Although there was definitely a time when the atmosphere had more mood to it, but then again, was that a conscious effort by the band, or was it just the vibe they exuded? But you're right in that he treats it as something he just wants to have fun doing. Which I've never had a problem with during live shows, but then again, I've never been at a show where I felt like his vocals were very off, even if they weren't always perfect.

Let's face it, he never has and never will stand still during a performance, haha.
Haha I'm not saying he should stand still and I'm not saying he shouldn't be doing it to have fun lol. My point is that I'm not sure he particularly thinks of it like a performance anymore. Nowadays, I don't think he's having fun through his performance necessarily, I think he's having fun through having fun, if that makes any sense. As I said, that's fine but it's never going to be ideal if you're listening to it from any other perspective. That's why I don't think he has the sort of bad vocal days people continually say he does - he's just not aiming for perfection at all. I do kind of wish he would a bit more.

sooniletugo

He sounded awesomd at the beginning of this tour and when I saw them in June. That Riot Fest gig wasn't the best for him. Also, he's sang Geometric Headdress and Gore like 20 times now and still makes a total fuckery of 95% of the lyrics. theres no way it's on purpose either.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sooniletugo on Sep 20, 2016, 12:54 AM
He sounded awesomd at the beginning of this tour and when I saw them in June. That Riot Fest gig wasn't the best for him. Also, he's sang Geometric Headdress and Gore like 20 times now and still makes a total fuckery of 95% of the lyrics. theres no way it's on purpose either.

I agree. Usually after a break his voice sounds a lot better after the end of a tour, but his voice has been great recently, so I'm guessing it just was a bad night, vocally. I think with the lyrics, the older ones are automatic now, but the new ones still need practice, so he's still screwing them up. But hopefully he'll sound better again soon.

I'm still hoping for them to play Phantom Bride!

glasstone1983

PRO SHOT FULL WEBCAST
Deftones - 2016-09-18 Riot Fest, Chicago, Illinois [720p].torrent

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=571902

Not my upload but it literally just showed up on the site so I snatched it. I'll be seeding it for awhile with fast upload speed so come get it.

Also full audio from Indianapolis, Indiana:
2016.09.19, The Old National Centre (Egyptian Room)
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=571894

LG95

To be honest, I think Kimdracula just pissed me off. Like, he wasn't properly trying. He wasn't concentrating enough on staying on key, he was vaguely aiming at high notes then pulling out for no reason (on the first two choruses), he wasn't trying to use any technique. It's annoying when he does that because he easily the ability to sound good on that song and indeed he has done recently. This isn't SNW-era when his voice was ripped to shreds. This is when his voice is in decent shape by and large and he's just not putting the effort in or at least concentrating enough to utilise it properly. Even as a one-off, it's frustrating.

ANattyRat

Quote from: glasstone1983 on Sep 21, 2016, 03:07 AM
PRO SHOT FULL WEBCAST
Deftones - 2016-09-18 Riot Fest, Chicago, Illinois [720p].torrent

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=571902

Not my upload but it literally just showed up on the site so I snatched it. I'll be seeding it for awhile with fast upload speed so come get it.

Also full audio from Indianapolis, Indiana:
2016.09.19, The Old National Centre (Egyptian Room)
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=571894

Would you be able to upload these to Mega or something? Lost my old password/username and I can't download stuff on a new account :\

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 21, 2016, 03:49 AM
To be honest, I think Kimdracula just pissed me off. Like, he wasn't properly trying. He wasn't concentrating enough on staying on key, he was vaguely aiming at high notes then pulling out for no reason (on the first two choruses), he wasn't trying to use any technique. It's annoying when he does that because he easily the ability to sound good on that song and indeed he has done recently. This isn't SNW-era when his voice was ripped to shreds. This is when his voice is in decent shape by and large and he's just not putting the effort in or at least concentrating enough to utilise it properly. Even as a one-off, it's frustrating.

I don't think it means he's not trying because he didn't sing it well. I mean, it might, but just because he can do it easily sometimes doesn't mean the times he doesn't is because he's not bothered. Otherwise he'd never put the effort into it. His voice isn't ripped to shreds, but it's not at its best either, so he does have off days.

deftfan

Deftones live [FULL SHOW] at Riot Fest festival 2016
at Douglas Park in Chicago, IL, USA (September 18, 2016)
https://www.facebook.com/defzonesite/videos/1286066124746488/

snw9

I think this was the last time Rapture was ever played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxlspIBKtz4

Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival, 2009. 07. 25
Code: [Select]

pelican fly

Hope they play some more stuff from different albums the next tour but continue with some new Gore tunes.
hopefully Xenon and Pittura and maybe Gauze or Graphic Nature make it on some sets.