Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O

sooniletugo

So Natty, we're in the same boat! :P Still loved the show.. Back to school and Minerva were a nice surprise.

ANattyRat

Looks like it, haha. I wonder why they dropped the other songs. Glad you still had a good time :)

Vesanic

Was Rivière just the intro again, in Scotland?

Vesanic

This tour has been fun and thrills but if I'm completely honest, these are the songs I was hoping would make it back to the set:

Mascara, Damone, Dai the Flu, Lotion, Deathblow, Battle-axe, Rapture, Beware, Combat, This place is Death

You get the idea. I'm still thankful for Minus Blindfold, Teething and especially Street Carp beginning of the tour. Too bad they ditched it, the performance in Vienna was close to perfection, Chino screamed the ending pretty much flawlessly.

Still hoping they'll bust out One Weak, they played it twice in ten years, in 2009 and in 2015. Check the ending in this 2015's version and find a video where Chino's more into it (2:58):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_5DyGJ960

sooniletugo

Yeah just the first few lines of Riviere. Stopped after "she waits for a new face..." then went into Digtal Bath.

Sergio did a DJ set at a rock club here after it. Was really fun, and got to finally meet him, super nice guy. He started off with some metal tracks, played Rx Queen and Gore, and then it was all electro and hip-hop.

sooniletugo

Chino held my hand and screamed at me during Rocket Skates too lol. Dream come true.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Vesanic on May 08, 2017, 11:25 AM
This tour has been fun and thrills but if I'm completely honest, these are the songs I was hoping would make it back to the set:

Mascara, Damone, Dai the Flu, Lotion, Deathblow, Battle-axe, Rapture, Beware, Combat, This place is Death

You get the idea. I'm still thankful for Minus Blindfold, Teething and especially Street Carp beginning of the tour. Too bad they ditched it, the performance in Vienna was close to perfection, Chino screamed the ending pretty much flawlessly.

Still hoping they'll bust out One Weak, they played it twice in ten years, in 2009 and in 2015. Check the ending in this 2015's version and find a video where Chino's more into it (2:58):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_5DyGJ960

Man, at least you saw them play those songs, haha. I definitely would love to hear them play Deathblow, Battle-Axe and Beware, but I very much doubt the first two will be making an appearance, they seem like incredibly depressing songs, and we know how Chino feels about those. MX was one of those songs I've been dying to hear since I first heard it, so I'm glad I got to see that at least, that's a massive tick off the list for me.

One Weak or Birthmark I'd love to see them play. I don't think Birthmark is as rare, but it's one of my favourites from Adrenaline.

sooniletugo

I saw Birthmark in 2010 when it was regular, awesome song.

snw9

Quote from: sooniletugo on May 08, 2017, 12:48 PM
Chino held my hand and screamed at me during Rocket Skates too lol. Dream come true.

Haha nice, he got really close to me during the song Gore when I saw them in Canada, I think he grabbed my arm. At that point everyone was trying to touch him hahah
Code: [Select]

Penicks

N0S3BLEED976

no shame in being a little gay for chinoooooo *squeak*

LG95

No shame in being very gay for Chino.
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2017/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-33e7a801.html

Back to the rarities and multiple Gore songs. Oh, Deftones...you make it so hard to like you sometimes.

snw9

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 10, 2017, 04:42 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2017/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-33e7a801.html

Back to the rarities and multiple Gore songs. Oh, Deftones...you make it so hard to like you sometimes.

Not sure, but I think this the only time and band I've seen switching up an entire setlist (keeping some songs) location to location.
Code: [Select]

illthrowROCKS@U

And they did Purple Rain?! This is one of the most interesting tours I've seen since I've become a fan!

Also good to see the Gore songs are back! I really need to hear GH or PB live!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

Lol Purple Rain's being played over the system as everyone leaves. They're not actually playing it.
I could float here forever

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: LG95 on May 10, 2017, 06:01 PM
Lol Purple Rain's being played over the system as everyone leaves. They're not actually playing it.

Oh I see... why add that to the "setlist" then?! Talk about false advertising.

Also, still one of the more interesting tours. I like the setlist changes, and I dig Cherry Waves being on the list! I can honestly say that I'd be happy with any iteration of the setlist I've seen thus far.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Vesanic

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on May 10, 2017, 06:33 PM
Oh I see... why add that to the "setlist" then?! Talk about false advertising.

Look better dude, it's mentioned it's played from tape.

Tonight's the last chance to please us Euros.. One last rarity would make this cycle complete.