Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealdaebat

Deftones play last tonight. Wondering if that means their set will be longer?
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

therealdaebat

Headup

My Own Summer

Lhabia

Swerve City

Digital Bath

Back To School

Elite

Phantom Bride

You've Seen The Butcher

Rosemary

Change

looks like it's not going to change up much
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

darkomilicic

I was at the Detroit show, probably one of the top 5 time seeing them.

The band had a real good energy, setlist was kind of blah but they more than made up for it with the level of energy and Phantom Bride is tiiiiight live. The Nerds rap was sweet, they had went off the stage to complete the show and came back because they realized they had 5 more minutes...Stef was missing so they started up the Nerds rap and once Stef was back launched into Engine #9. 

damani311

this setlist is  ::)

they were mixing it up and playing different songs each night the last time I looked them up, not so much now...

ANattyRat

Yeah, that's because it's a co-headline tour and a shorter setlist. It's basically like what you'd expect at a festival.

LG95

Looks like they closed with Bored and Teething last night.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

I'll probably stop DeftonesLive soon. I've done it a couple times, but each time I bounce back in hoping they're gonna unleash the catalogue. And well... it's been 10 years. I can't be doing this forever and not look insane to a certain extent.

At this point, my interest is in reanimation. The European tour was great for what it was and I remained as positive as I could, but it was still nowhere near what they're actually (or were) able of. I'm very aware I lost my shit during the Paris show and was ecstatic, but looking back it was mostly for songs I'd already heard. It's very subjective and contextual. I was happy that they started playing "Teething" and "Minus Blindfold"... but then again, was it worth all the fuzz these songs made? They're oldschool classics, it shouldn't have taken them all this time to bust out their most standard songs.

I know I'm sounding absolutely ungrateful, which is why I should just get over it and let this band do its thing.

illthrowROCKS@U

I saw them last night at the MGM. It was my first show there, and it's a great venue! I had a great time, and of course ending the show with Teething was badass. I was hoping for an encore, though... :(
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

therealdaebat

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 15, 2017, 01:02 PM
I'll probably stop DeftonesLive soon. I've done it a couple times, but each time I bounce back in hoping they're gonna unleash the catalogue. And well... it's been 10 years. I can't be doing this forever and not look insane to a certain extent.

At this point, my interest is in reanimation. The European tour was great for what it was and I remained as positive as I could, but it was still nowhere near what they're actually (or were) able of. I'm very aware I lost my shit during the Paris show and was ecstatic, but looking back it was mostly for songs I'd already heard. It's very subjective and contextual. I was happy that they started playing "Teething" and "Minus Blindfold"... but then again, was it worth all the fuzz these songs made? They're oldschool classics, it shouldn't have taken them all this time to bust out their most standard songs.

I know I'm sounding absolutely ungrateful, which is why I should just get over it and let this band do its thing.

Yeah, it's frustrating being a hardcore deftones fan these days. I think they just do it for the pay day and have no real passion for it anymore. Meh, either way I'll still buy tickets for their shows. NOW's THE TIME TO RELEASE ALL THOSE RARITIES VESANIC!
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

Vesanic

defmarco

2003-06-06 - Rock im Park
2003-09-29 - Columbiahalle
2006-10-16 - E-Werk
2007-03-27 - Columbiahalle
2013-02-26 - Huxley's Neue Welt
2016-06-14 - Palladium
2016-06-15 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-27 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-28 - Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt
2017-07-15 - Super Bock Super Rock

normsteez

Quote from: defmarco on Jun 16, 2017, 08:52 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 16, 2017, 05:23 AM
Shit like this, man

https://youtu.be/Z69xZAbwHeY

This feels so good!

I know there is a thread for dream setlists.......something like the following is wishful thinking at this point in their careers.

Feit
Korea
Mascara
MX
ATF
BQAD
One Weak
Lifter
Knife Party
Digital Bath
Hexagram
Needles & Pins
WGTB
Minerva
Beware
Rats Rats Rats
Goon Squad
Poltergeist
Royal
CMND/CTRL

Encore:
Head-up
Gore
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

buddyboy101

The band's setlists really confuse me.  I don't think there's such thing as a "casual" fan - so when they continue to fill their sets with the same songs that they feel are their "greatest hits," it just gets repetitive when they've only had one true mainstream single:  Change.  That should be the only song that is played for the "casuals."  I think most Deftones fans are pretty hardcore by definition, so performing obscure songs would not be lost on the audience. 

kurtone

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Jun 16, 2017, 06:37 PM
The band's setlists really confuse me.  I don't think there's such thing as a "casual" fan - so when they continue to fill their sets with the same songs that they feel are their "greatest hits," it just gets repetitive when they've only had one true mainstream single:  Change.  That should be the only song that is played for the "casuals."  I think most Deftones fans are pretty hardcore by definition, so performing obscure songs would not be lost on the audience. 

Change and Summer. Any time I look on Instagram that's the majority of the video clips.  Once in a while you'll get Digital Bath lol

illthrowROCKS@U

Tempest and YSTB seem to be "hits" for the younger crowd, too. That's what I've noticed from my time at their live shows. Personally, I think those two songs are some of the worst Deftones songs in existence, but whatever.

Barely anyone seemed to recognize Teething when I saw them the other night.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

N0S3BLEED976

I seem to belong to their younger fans, but I think YSTB and Tempest are one of the best songs they've ever written :(

therealdaebat

I think they're pretty good songs as well.
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

buddyboy101

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Jun 16, 2017, 10:40 PM
Tempest and YSTB seem to be "hits" for the younger crowd, too. That's what I've noticed from my time at their live shows. Personally, I think those two songs are some of the worst Deftones songs in existence, but whatever.

Barely anyone seemed to recognize Teething when I saw them the other night.

I personally love Tempest.  Not a single single on that record though.  I really wish they would release another "Change" to be at the same table as QOTSA, NIN, SOAD, etc.

ANattyRat

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Jun 16, 2017, 06:37 PM

They have a lot of casual fans. I once came across a woman on Instagram who said she only went to the show hoping they'd play Diamond Eyes and she was ecstatic because they did. Like...she didn't even know that they've played Diamond Eyes 100s of times, haha.

Still...of course I do wish they played rare songs and drop most of the more commonly played songs at least a little bit. When I saw them in Manchester this year they didn't play Digital Bath, and I was so shocked, because when the hell was the last time they DIDN'T play that song??? They could've dropped Diamond Eyes or Rocket Skates, Change and My Own Summer and replaced them with three or four older/rarer songs. Would some fans be disappointed? Sure. But they play those songs so often that it's like...you can catch it next time you see them.

That said, Deftones haven't really been a band to switch up their setlists drastically, and they have fallen into more of a routine, but let's be real, they switched things up very nicely for the Europe tour. Probably the only people who weren't excited by it are people who've seen the band so many times that even the rare songs aren't new to them, which isn't the band's fault, of course. With this tour with Rise Against, they've got a shorter setlist and it's almost like a festival, so it's pointless to expect rare songs on those shows. But I think they did a good job with the Europe setlist and it might not have been filled to bursting point with rarities, but they did get away from just playing greatest hits.

But also, I don't know what bands you guys listen to, but pretty much every band I listen to has the same routine with setlists. So it's definitely not just Deftones.

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 17, 2017, 12:56 AM
I seem to belong to their younger fans, but I think YSTB and Tempest are one of the best songs they've ever written :(

I love YSTB but I'm not a big fan of Tempest.