Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAFTPUNK87

I'll listen to some 30 second samples to albums I'm only slightly interested in. But not something like Koi No Yokan.. Nooo siiirrr not listening to no samples for this one.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

m1nusblindfoLd

I get that but not everyone listens to an album from start to finish that often after it first releases. I almost never do that, it's always about what comes up in Shuffle or what I feel like hearing at the time. Even if there was a certain flow/order for the songs, some or most people wouldn't benefit from that in daily listening.

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
fuck previews, if anything ruins an album it's those. I made that mistake with Fair To Midland's latest album, one of my most anticipated. I just couldn't wait to hear it and when 30 sec previews appeared on Amazon I immediately listened. they were long enough for you to hear part of a verse and a chorus of each song, and practically spoiled the entire album. when it finally arrived, I felt like I had already heard every single song on there.

EXACTLY THE SAME THING WITH THE SAME ALBUM!

Weird....
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

Caín

Quote from: xLhabiax on Nov 01, 2012, 03:12 PM
Quote from: Caín on Nov 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
Quote from: xLhabiax on Nov 01, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Nov 01, 2012, 02:54 PM
Honestly, I'm kind of happy it hasn't leaked yet, only because it reminds me of the days I used to wait for an album to come out on CD. And pretty much everyone had to wait until that very specific day - everyone listened to it together. Had a lot more of an exciting feeling.  Whereas, once it leaks, the excitement spikes and fizzles in spurts with people listening to it at different times right until it officially releases. 

Exactly, all these spoiled little fucks are so used to hearing an album weeks/months before it's released they don't know how to kick it old school lol. Hey fuck heads, its only 12 days away...go listen to the other six albums they've released, waiting 12 more days isn't a big deal stop the belly aching.

YOURE NOT A TRUE FAN! GO TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER

Hey fuck head..... its called patience, and not that i have to explain myself to you but i've been a fan since 99.
And turn your caps lock off

Hahaha, chill dude. It's called sarcasm.

xLhabiax

Quote from: Caín on Nov 01, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote from: xLhabiax on Nov 01, 2012, 03:12 PM
Quote from: Caín on Nov 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
Quote from: xLhabiax on Nov 01, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Nov 01, 2012, 02:54 PM
Honestly, I'm kind of happy it hasn't leaked yet, only because it reminds me of the days I used to wait for an album to come out on CD. And pretty much everyone had to wait until that very specific day - everyone listened to it together. Had a lot more of an exciting feeling.  Whereas, once it leaks, the excitement spikes and fizzles in spurts with people listening to it at different times right until it officially releases. 

Exactly, all these spoiled little fucks are so used to hearing an album weeks/months before it's released they don't know how to kick it old school lol. Hey fuck heads, its only 12 days away...go listen to the other six albums they've released, waiting 12 more days isn't a big deal stop the belly aching.

YOURE NOT A TRUE FAN! GO TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER

Hey fuck head..... its called patience, and not that i have to explain myself to you but i've been a fan since 99.
And turn your caps lock off

Hahaha, chill dude. It's called sarcasm.

Sorry your caps lock threw me off, i'm usually pretty good at picking up on it just off today
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

tawny

hey guys. we have to maintain some sense of dignity here. we're going to hear the album soon. now tell me everything you know about metal core.

cvthedrv

Quote from: tawny on Nov 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
hey guys. we have to maintain some sense of dignity here. we're going to hear the album soon. now tell me everything you know about metal core.

fuck dignity, i want my koi no yokan NOWWWWW!

Caín

I heard Koi No Yokan today. It's super metalcore. Like Unearth and shit.

x Rx King x

Quote from: Caín on Nov 01, 2012, 03:56 PM

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Caín on Nov 01, 2012, 03:56 PM

Yeah, I also heard there's a rumor floating around that Chad Kroger & Avril Lavigne have guest vocal duet on one of the tracks  hahaha 8)

ominousnimbus

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
fuck previews, if anything ruins an album it's those. I made that mistake with Fair To Midland's latest album, one of my most anticipated. I just couldn't wait to hear it and when 30 sec previews appeared on Amazon I immediately listened. they were long enough for you to hear part of a verse and a chorus of each song, and practically spoiled the entire album. when it finally arrived, I felt like I had already heard every single song on there.
Haha that happened to me too with FTM, but the main reason is because they pushed the release date back a month and it didn't leak early at all, so the previews went up 2+ months before we could hear the whole thing. Plus, the iTunes previews (between the US and Europe versions, which for some reason picked different 90-second clips) basically did give away the whole song in most cases.

What makes KNY different for me is that I have no clue what any of the remaining songs sound like, whereas with A&A I'd heard most or all either live or from demos. With just over a week until a guaranteed leak, I'd definitely listen to 30-sec previews and doubt it would ruin the experience much.

DAFTPUNK87

If there were 30 second samples of KNY I couldn't bring myself to listen to them. It's like pouring salt on the wound.
It's already bad enough knowing there are legitimate copies of the album floating around out there, and still no leak..
..waiting for this leak to happen is the WORST!

x Rx King x

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:20 PM
It's already bad enough knowing there are legitimate copies of the album floating around out there, and still no leak..

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN'!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 01, 2012, 04:24 PM

I know! Seriously.. What. The. Fuck.
I just emailed newalbumreleases.net and asked them if there's any way they can try to make it happen hahaha

Yeah, I'm that desperate.

Drummerboy_123

I can remember people having actually bought albums that stores had sold early and they didn't leak it. That annoyed me, knowing another fan was having the time of their life whilst I was crying in a corner  :'(
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Drummerboy_123 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:28 PM

I can remember people having actually bought albums that stores had sold early and they didn't leak it. That annoyed me, knowing another fan was having the time of their life whilst I was crying in a corner  :'(

Right?! It's like, screw them for thinking they're special. If I had an advanced copy, I would share it with ya'll. I would want everyone to hear what I was hearing, ya know.

x Rx King x

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:34 PM
Quote from: Drummerboy_123 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:28 PM

Right?! It's like, screw them for thinking they're special. If I had an advanced copy, I would share it with ya'll. I would want everyone to hear what I was hearing, ya know.

That's one of my favorite things about music, man.... Mutual vibes. Why else do I get on this forum every day?

BallZDeeP

geraavl08

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: geraavl08 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:54 PM
Are we there yet?
'fraid not.

what kind of mind-fuckery-torture is this?!!?