Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurapalmer

And i'll just say that, Stephen has always been the weak link in the band. Don't care what you all say.

alan1o

this is what happens when a fanbase is deprived from an album. they go insane. besides you're just jealous you can't think of any.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: laurapalmer on Nov 01, 2012, 11:47 AM
And i'll just say that, Stephen has always been the weak link in the band. Don't care what you all say.
You better be joking

laurapalmer

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
You better be joking

Nope, I'm certainly not.

gwenudo

I hospe you know hes basically the only guy that starts the songs .
Its cause of him that we have such amazing songs from deftones.. chino just sings later whrn hes not lazy and abe is always with steff on making the first bits of songs and frank is always doing hes job after steff and abe are done and sergio is always ready .. im not sure about chi .. but its cause of steff that we have such amazing songs ..read your history and learn about their writing process .. steff is probably #1 in the band .. IMO ..
Was it like it seemed?...

mrpelon94

this album better leak quick or im gonna start murdering mofo's!!!!! >:(

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: laurapalmer on Nov 01, 2012, 11:53 AM
You better be joking

Nope, I'm certainly not.
most of theirs songs originated from a riff Stephen made up, he's the driving force behind the writing process the even said themselves.Why do you say he is a weak link?

Playhouse

There is no weak link in deftones.

ghettovaquero

Quote from: laurapalmer on Nov 01, 2012, 11:53 AM
You better be joking

Stef has been the weak link ever since he strapped on that 8 String. His riffs are boring now. DE ending and rosemary ending are practically the same. Chino has surpassed him here on KNY from what we have heard stef isnt very creative anymore just "chugga chugga, chugga chugga, chugga chugga"

Nope, I'm certainly not.

ghettovaquero

Stef has been the weak link ever since he strapped on that 8 String. His riffs are boring now. DE ending and rosemary ending are practically the same. Chino has surpassed him here on KNY from what we have heard stef isnt very creative anymore just "chugga chugga, chugga chugga, chugga chugga"

ghettovaquero

you still have to respect the power his guitar and tone brings to a song but it doesnt move you like his riffs in ATF WP S/T made you move man

FNatt

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Nov 01, 2012, 11:57 AM

I kind of agree to this. Rosemary's ending reminded me of DE a lot.

DeftonesNZ

What do you mean on the new stuff Chino just plays small bits of the same riffs Stephen plays

laurapalmer

I have to agree on every one of these fronts.

Playhouse

I think stephens chord progressions in Poltergeist are amazing.
Absolutely love his rhythmic phrasing in the chorus and the other sections as well.

DeftonesNZ

You can't judge it just on DE, writing with 8 strings is completely different he needed time to adapt and also considering how fast DE was made,you can already tell from the new songs wev'e heard that he can write better 8 string riffs now

laurapalmer

And thats totally fair but of the four KNY tracks we have heard I think that Poltergeist is by far the worst. But I could be totally wrong cause I think a studio version may be great, but the live version is a mess, to me.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: laurapalmer on Nov 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
And thats totally fair but of the four KNY tracks we have heard I think that Poltergeist is by far the worst. But I could be totally wrong cause I think a studio version may be great, but the live version is a mess, to me.
I'd say it's certainly the simplest but studio version should sound way better

nineteen

Poltergeist is really old school Deftones especially the riffs and vocal melodies, from what I have heard live.

laurapalmer

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote from: laurapalmer on Nov 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
I'd say it's certainly the simplest but studio version should sound way better

Agree with you there. And not to change up my statement about Stephen being a "weak link" but what I meant was more that I've always felt his playing may have been the only thing holding the band back creatively. If you can gather what I mean by that.