Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 01, 2012, 03:03 PM
Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 02:59 PM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Nov 01, 2012, 02:54 PM
Honestly, I'm kind of happy it hasn't leaked yet, only because it reminds me of the days I used to wait for an album to come out on CD. And pretty much everyone had to wait until that very specific day - everyone listened to it together. Had a lot more of an exciting feeling.  Whereas, once it leaks, the excitement spikes and fizzles in spurts with people listening to it at different times right until it officially releases.

You do have a very good point there sir regarding leaks and peoples excitement. I too miss hearing maybe one song from an album before it releases, going to the store purchasing it, and frantically opening the album and playing it in my car.

I agree, although i'm a bit of an audiophile.... I'm buying this on vinyl vs. cd. sorry.... lol

I don't blame you. Vinyl pwns cd any day, all day, 24/7.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

Slacker

right...at list throw the fucking snipets (amazon), just so we can past through the week.

i still believe though, its getting out by tomorrow.

i believe.

x Rx King x

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 03:05 PM
Honestly, I'm kind of happy it hasn't leaked yet, only because it reminds me of the days I used to wait for an album to come out on CD. And pretty much everyone had to wait until that very specific day - everyone listened to it together. Had a lot more of an exciting feeling.  Whereas, once it leaks, the excitement spikes and fizzles in spurts with people listening to it at different times right until it officially releases.

You do have a very good point there sir regarding leaks and peoples excitement. I too miss hearing maybe one song from an album before it releases, going to the store purchasing it, and frantically opening the album and playing it in my car.

I agree, although i'm a bit of an audiophile.... I'm buying this on vinyl vs. cd. sorry.... lol

The only bad part about it is that I have to wait until December  7th, from what I've heard. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know  :D

DAFTPUNK87

aaaaannnnnnyyyyyyyy day now lol

Past two days I've woke up dead positive that suuuurely it's leaked!

Nope.  :-\

xLhabiax

Exactly, all these spoiled little fucks are so used to hearing an album weeks/months before it's released they don't know how to kick it old school lol. Hey fuck heads, its only 12 days away...go listen to the other six albums they've released, waiting 12 more days isn't a big deal stop the belly aching.
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

Sett

I also hope it doesn't leak, just for the sake of the group. Even if it leaks, I won't listen to it until I get my physical copy.

punkflop01

Quote from: Slacker on Nov 01, 2012, 03:05 PM
right...at list throw the fucking snipets (amazon), just so we can past through the week.

i believe.

Not to hate, but could never understand how people could listen to snippets (that too low quality) of new music they are dying to hear. It's like licking salt when you're dying for a pretzel.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 01, 2012, 03:06 PM
Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 03:05 PM

The only bad part about it is that I have to wait until December  7th, from what I've heard. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know  :D
You've got a better answer on that than I do. I haven't heard anything regarding a vinyl release. Although, I don't doubt that it'll be released in that format soon after the initial release. So Dec 7th sounds about right if I had to guess.

Caín

Quote from: xLhabiax on Nov 01, 2012, 03:07 PM

Exactly, all these spoiled little fucks are so used to hearing an album weeks/months before it's released they don't know how to kick it old school lol. Hey fuck heads, its only 12 days away...go listen to the other six albums they've released, waiting 12 more days isn't a big deal stop the belly aching.

YOURE NOT A TRUE FAN! GO TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 02:52 PM
(if you're reading this)
TO WHOM EVER HAS THE ALBUM! LEAK IT ALREADY!!

CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE DYIN' OVAH HEYAH!!!

WE'RE ALL STUCK IN A WEB FORUM OF EMOTION..!!!

It won't leak, they'll probably be a stream somewhere near release date, as is the norm with most albums nowadays.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

x Rx King x

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 03:06 PM
aaaaannnnnnyyyyyyyy day now lol

Past two days I've woke up dead positive that suuuurely it's leaked!

Nope.  :-\

Truth, and i can relate. Lately I've seen all these photos of people with the album and I'm getting ancy....
But what I was getting at is that, from what I've heard, the vinyl release of KNY won't be available until December 7th...

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: Slacker on Nov 01, 2012, 03:05 PM

i believe.

Stuff snippets, never again, ruins albums for me.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

xLhabiax

Quote from: Caín on Nov 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
Quote from: xLhabiax on Nov 01, 2012, 03:07 PM

YOURE NOT A TRUE FAN! GO TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER

Hey fuck head..... its called patience, and not that i have to explain myself to you but i've been a fan since 99.
And turn your caps lock off

Jacob

fuck previews, if anything ruins an album it's those. I made that mistake with Fair To Midland's latest album, one of my most anticipated. I just couldn't wait to hear it and when 30 sec previews appeared on Amazon I immediately listened. they were long enough for you to hear part of a verse and a chorus of each song, and practically spoiled the entire album. when it finally arrived, I felt like I had already heard every single song on there.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

xLhabiax

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
fuck previews, if anything ruins an album it's those. I made that mistake with Fair To Midland's latest album, one of my most anticipated. I just couldn't wait to hear it and when 30 sec previews appeared on Amazon I immediately listened. they were long enough for you to hear part of a verse and a chorus of each song, and practically spoiled the entire album. when it finally arrived, I felt like I had already heard every single song on there.

Agreed

x Rx King x

fuck previews, if anything ruins an album it's those. I made that mistake with Fair To Midland's latest album, one of my most anticipated. I just couldn't wait to hear it and when 30 sec previews appeared on Amazon I immediately listened. they were long enough for you to hear part of a verse ad a chorus of each song, and practically spoiled the entire album. when it finally arrived, I felt like I had already heart every single song on there.

Yep, i feel ya there man. Same thing happened with Iron Maiden's Final Frontier. GAHHHH

m1nusblindfoLd

Who cares, the minute you listen to the full album, you've heard them all anyway. It's not about the very first time you hear the songs, it's about all the following times you listen for the rest of your life....I don't understand..

x Rx King x

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 01, 2012, 03:16 PM

Who cares, the minute you listen to the full album, you've heard them all anyway. It's not about the very first time you hear the songs, it's about all the following times you listen for the rest of your life....I don't understand..

It's because the part of the song you hear in the preview becomes stale in the full song once you hear it. Especially if you listen to that preview over and over again.... not worth it.

punkflop01

Plus any song is meant to be heard in its entirety...whether it's a good song or bad.  With 30 seconds, you lose the dynamics, the build ups, the emotion...it's meaningless without it being a whole. I cannot imagine listening to a song like Passenger halfway through just for 30 seconds...it just wouldn't make sense to me.

Jacob

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 01, 2012, 03:16 PM

there's a huge fucking difference in listening to 30 seconds of a song and hearing it in its entirety, along with the other songs. you know, sometimes bands put songs on an album in a certain order because they transition well into each other and things like that. a good album doesn't solely consist of good songs, it also has songs in the right order and feels well put together from start to finish. you can obviously discover that even when you've heard every song but it kinda takes away from it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep