Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi man

Chino was standing yeah. All electric full band. As soon as everything is mixed and stuff they will email us a link to download. That list posted earlier was the set list for tonight

Vesanic

Vesanic

cvthedrv

sounds weird with chino singing on it, any way im so sotked about it!

deftoneseba

Quote from: hi man on Oct 19, 2014, 04:17 AM
The CD they gave us has a lot of the unmastered leaked songs on it. It also has no andanother unknown song.
Would you upload whenever you can? I'm compiling some bootlegs to upload ASAP.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Deadradio

Was the new album recorded yesterday and today was the live performance?

E-Money

Quote from: hi man on Oct 19, 2014, 04:17 AM
The CD they gave us has a lot of the unmastered leaked songs on it. It also has no andanother unknown song.

What do u mean by unmastered leaked songs? Like the demos from 06 era? Can't wait to hear whatever it is!

hi man

Cambodia, Mercedes, kool aid etc

hi man

I'll upload asap. Going back yo hotel

deftoneseba

Quote from: hi man on Oct 19, 2014, 05:35 AM
I'll upload asap. Going back yo hotel
We'll be anxiously waiting! Thanks a bunch for the upload!!! :) Have a great night!

P.S: if possible, try to rip the CD in lossless format (FLAC, APE, SHN, WAV, whatever you want) to avoid quality loss.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Vesanic

And thanks for those updates, for real.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah thanks for the updates really cool to hear whats been going on, it sounds like it's been a pretty cool experience I wonder if Chino may start trying to apply this crowdfunding type approach to his other projects,super pumped to see so muuch happening it's great to have all this activity after so long.

Deadradio

There is some cool pics on Instagram as well.

#TeamSleepWookstockSessions

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

E-Money

Sick sounds dope

Deadradio

Vesanic

Why the fuck wasn't Zach there.

Inkblades

Team Sleep is actually releasing two new albums. One is their new record, the other is this show as a live CD. Oh, and this seems to be the new Team Sleep lineup:

Chino
Todd
Crook
Rick
Gil
Chuck

On the two new additons: Gil is an amazing drummer. I know some might be upset that he has replaced Zack, but trust me, he damn near stole the show tonight. Chuck from Crosses is also great, seems like a very funny guy, very New York. He even passed around a notebook listing some of the songs that they are working on.

The event went something like this:

Watched them track instruments for a new song that has a lot of airy synth in it. Chuck at one point remarked that it was some "Peter Gabriel shit". Then Chino, Chuck, Gil and Rick played the instrumental song in that video posted above, not sure if its the same song as the one they tracked.

*dinner break, met Chino*

Show (setlist might be slightly out of order)

No (Not a full song, just Todd playing the same riff in that video)
Ever (Much heavier than the album version, seems like they added a whole new ending to it)
Your Skull is Red
Formant (Instrumental)
Oak Park (Instrumental)
Princeton Review
Blvd Nights
New Guitar
Spanish (Instrumental) (Aka this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRmYK21AgPY)
Bossa (Instrumental) (Chino didn't want to play this for some reason, I think he was worried he didn't know it well enough, but the rest of the band prodded him into playing it. Sounded good.)
Staring at the Queen
Death By Plane (This wasn't on the setlist, they did it because someone yelled for them to play it after Chino asked for requests...just Chino and Todd on guitar)
Natalie Portman
Dreamland (This was my favorite part of the show, they basically workshopped it for 15 minutes in front of us. Chino sang a chorus for it, and also Schoolboy Q's "Studio" over it. I don't think they meant to play this either, it only happened because someone in the audience prodded them to play it because it was written on the setlist board)
No
Ever
Your Skull is Red (They did these three over because of recording problems)

DeftonesNZ

I'm cool with Zach being gone I loved his odd style but in the live recordings especially he had tendancy to go eratic at times when it seemed inappropriate and I've always been drawn to TS's slow dreamy stuff anyway where Zach was playing more simple stuff and i've heard Gils awesome.

DeftonesNZ

Also that new songs sweet very post-rocky reminds me off mogwai