Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Although I don't want their next album to sound nothing like they did 10 years ago...I hope alot of it keeps the vibe and groove like this :

Team Sleep - Elizabeth

Penicks

i'm happy crow isn't with the band anymore, severely disliked his vocals

DeftonesNZ

I dont think he was actually an official member anyway, but I'm glad he's gone too I didn't hate his voice but it was so disapointing listening to a song for the first and hearing him instead of Chino, I think someone on here talked to crook about it once and he said the only reason he was there was because Chino kind of stopped being interested when the record company got involved and they needed someone to sing so they could keep working on the material.

Deadradio

Is there a version of Solid Gold from the 2001 album with vocals?

nicklav

Shadow46/2

I always like the Rob Crow tracks, kinda broke up the album, gave it a bit of variation. His tracks were a bit lighter feeling than Chino's.
Plus it's through his work on the album that I got into Pinback, which is a great band and now one of my all time favs.

Kinda hoping he does make an appearance on a track or two..

Mary Timony, I could take or leave..

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 29, 2014, 10:25 AM
i'm happy crow isn't with the band anymore, severely disliked his vocals

His vocal style isn't my cup of piss either but his vocals on that song (Elizabeth)is awesome. Princeton Review also.

I hate his vocals on 11/11 though.....  Chino should have sung that whole song on his own .

In fact Chino sounded better on his own during that 05 tour doing those songs without him....So I totally understand

Inkblades

Whoa, I missed this whole watch Team Sleep record their new album and eat a meal with them thing. Pretty fascinating, but I'm not entirely sure if I'd want to. I think I'd be scared lol.

It would probably be a pretty unforgettable experience, though.

Inkblades

How are they going to fit all these people into one recording studio? It must be huge.

Inkblades

Diplo

I hope there will be more than 7 songs.
Can wait to have a  sound teaser.

deftones86

I drove for 5 hours today listening to team sleep and i really cant wait for them to make new music. When i first heard of them way back when i was just out of high school and really just figuring myself out and that music was just what i needed. I remember when  I saw them in Dallas with skrillex before he was skrillex and it was just a small room full of people it was like a dream. and Formant may be the best song ever. 

Deadradio

Quote from: Diplo on Sep 07, 2014, 12:06 PM
Made this little teaser from vid clips from Chuck and Todd's instagram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmCIgdM9PA

E-Money

Quote from: Deadradio on Sep 09, 2014, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Diplo on Sep 07, 2014, 12:06 PM
Made this little teaser from vid clips from Chuck and Todd's instagram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmCIgdM9PA

thanks!  really interested to hear more of the last song on the video.  sounds great. 

luisch

some of those songs arent TS work
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Deadradio

Quote from: luisch on Sep 10, 2014, 07:00 PM

I think you're right. There were other clips but they were removed.

Inkblades

That's right. There was also the music Chino, Todd, Chuck and the guy from Stolen Babies were making. Lol five bands.

luisch

Quote from: Deadradio on Sep 10, 2014, 11:38 PM
Quote from: luisch on Sep 10, 2014, 07:00 PM

I think you're right. There were other clips but they were removed.

No problem, thanks for compilate this. Chuck upload some tunes to his Instagram account but he removed some weeks ago.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

cvthedrv

DeftonesNZ

Just preordered the album, also there's 2 min video with teasers of two songs, the first is a really cool mellow one with a natalie portmanish slow riff played on clean electric guitar with what sounds like an acoustic playing arpeggiated chords over the top and the second ones real interesting it's got like an old school hiphop/funk vibe but there's also a bit of a surf sound to it like that sleepwalk song deftones covered.